The "Oh My God! We Don't Have Any Plans and I'm Freaking Out" Trip Report

The kid is gone for a week so DH and I decided at the last moment to spend a few days at WDW.

Snagged a room at the Swan and grabbed park passes for AK on Wednesday, HS on Thursday, and Epcot on Friday. Other than that, we have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING planned. (OMG!!!) Seriously, you people will understand better than anyone how traumatic that is for a serious planner.

DH suffers from CPTSD so our plans usually get derailed at some point during the day anyway but at least I have something to hold on to until then. Flying without a net is not my strong suit (to say the least). The goal is morning in the park with DH, probably some solo touring in the afternoon while he collapses/naps, then (hopefully) meet up for a nice dinner in the evenings after he rallies. (He doesn’t know it but I’m hoping to maneuver some MK fireworks on one of the nights we are there. We’ll see how much success I have - crowds are not a positive thing for him).

So we hit the road early tomorrow (not even a definite departure time :roll_eyes:) and we’ll see where the wind blows us. If your park afternoons line up, give me a shout - I don’t do well unsupervised.

Wish me luck!

28 Likes

Good luck!

How far do you live from WDW? Sounds like you’re pretty close to be able to do a trip on a whim?

6 Likes

You don’t need no stinkin luck, you’re a Liner.

12 Likes

I am anxious just reading your description. :worried: As a liner, I get it.

However, as @vcka mentioned, you are a liner. You go this. Even if you do not invest the effort today into any preplanning, you will be able to use all the practice and training you have been doing in the past. It is like riding a bike.

You will kick into liner mode the moment you get there and be able to work your magic to navigate around the crowds, find those magical moments and have a fantastic time.

9 Likes

This is fantastic!

Can’t wait to see what happens!

7 Likes

You got this :muscle:

6 Likes

Safe travels and have fun!

3 Likes

DH and I were in the World 26 - 30 June. All we had were room reservations, park hopper tickets, 5 park reservations, 3 breakfast ADRs and 5 supper ADRs. No touring plans, no Genie+, or LL, since I had no idea how much ground we’d be able to cover, in the heat and being older.

I had very loose goals - mostly benches in the shade, chatting up folk, good things to eat. Hoping to see the Dapper Dans, do an Animation drawing, see Turtle Talk with Crush, have DH ride FoP and Soarin, first time.

We had a good time. In 3 parks we barely made it past the first street. :smile: Still checked off everything except Soarin.

From the sound of your post, you’re on the right track for a good time also.

12 Likes

A great goal in the summer heat

6 Likes

Have a great time!

3 Likes

Yeah, we normally daytrip. On an early morning weekend, we can be in the parking lot in about 90 minutes. (We’re on the west coast, south of Tampa)

Weekday rush hour across I-4 will take, what? An extra 2-4 minutes? (Minutes. Hours. All the same thing)

Hate wasting the early morning access after paying for a room but no way will I get him out the door in time for 7:30 RD. If we make it by 9, I’ll be happy.

8 Likes

3 days. 2 gays. 1 suitcase. Definitely not enough packing…

30 Likes

:rofl:

10 Likes

:joy: :joy: But I wish we could see the picture! Try uploading it again! You got this!

3 Likes

I can see it

3 Likes

I refreshed and now I can see it too. Forum weirdness, I guess.

6 Likes

This sounds like fabulous fun!!

I’m on the Plant City/ Lakeland county line, wave as you go by!

Just buy more when you get there!

Have fun!!

5 Likes

OK, 6:45am out the door. Not our worst.

First attraction of the day…

17 Likes

Can’t see the picture, but hope it’s a good one!

4 Likes

I was hoping it was forum shenanigans but it seems not quite.

2 Likes