“The Ocean chose ME!” A DCL Trip Report

And there is an art gallery on Deck 2 with artwork for sale on display. I saw a few from my favorite (non-digital :wink:) Disney artist Joe Kaminski:

15 Likes

We have a winner!

Ugh…that sucks. (TWSS) Rest up.

4 Likes

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

Ok so talk to me about the kid spaces please. I have never been on a cruise and have no idea how these things works. Is this a place where you just drop off your kid or do families enjoy together? If the former, then are there places where families can enjoy activities together?

I am not Jennifer, but I can say one of the things that I have found on cruises in general is there are occasionally times that it is open for the family, but most of the time it is only for drop off. I haven’t been on a Disney cruise since 2014, but the family available time was embarkation day on the 4-n cruise.

3 Likes

They told us that it’s strictly drop-off, except during that Open House time

Yes! The whole rest of the ship (almost). There are loads of activities (arts and crafts, trivia, karaoke, shows, pools, sports deck/mini golf) where families can have plenty of time together!

But the kids areas are just for the kids!

3 Likes

Awesome! That is exactly the info I needed. I know there are adult only areas from your report. Just wanted to make sure there were things we could all do as a family instead of just separately (when we do get to plan a trip…that I am now considering solely because of YOUR trip report!)

2 Likes

I’m sorry - I don’t mean to hijack @OBNurseNH

When we went in 2014 (which was a hot minute ago - maybe someone else knows) they had activities IN the kids’ clubs for families.

We made cookies like Remy:

DSC_7716
DSC_7717
DSC_7724
DSC_7727

It was contrivied - they wheel away the bowls we assembled our ingedients in and then rolled out plates with perfect cookies. But my girls loved it. It was included in the fare.

@gingerSnaps543222 @melcort10 have you seen this recently?

12 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me if they used the areas for some occasional family activities. They did the same with some of the adult areas (lounges mostly) at certain times as well.

2 Likes

We did the Dream in 2018 I think. My daughter did the kids club so I’ll ask her. Never did this with her though. Now she’s 15 so it’ll be Vibe. I know certain spaces like Luna on the Wish are supposed to have family events/games. I’ll prolly get a better chance for this on the Magic cuz that’s a 7 day. We’re doing that in January. This being 3 days I don’t know how much time well have for really exploring activities. :frowning:

2 Likes

Oh that looks like fun! Any time the mess stays out of my kitchen it’s a win! :joy:

2 Likes

Also why is that when I type well as in I am going to get the pail out of the well it always converts it to we’ll and when I want it to go ahead and add the apostrophe it doesn’t?

5 Likes

Because AC is a Richard :wink:

8 Likes

It was many years ago when we did a cruise. I think my kids were just turned 9 and almost 7. They were in different clubs, but both enjoyed their areas. DS more so because he played video games - it was an expensive arcade for him.

3 Likes

Sadly I am even older and got the second booster as soon as it was an option and i still got Covid, twice. Not hoping for a hat trick next week.

4 Likes

No hat trick please. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

I haven’t even heard a whisper of this lately! It looks awesome but DCL has been the slowest to bring stuff back for the kids. I’ll keep an eye on my cruise mom facebook groups! My kids would definitely love something like this and I like cookies of all kinds.

2 Likes

Sorry you got positive @OBNurseNH.
Wishing you a healthy recovery :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

He is the most sweetist little cuddle munchkin :heart:

3 Likes