“The Ocean chose ME!” A DCL Trip Report

Oh no. Is this your first time getting covid? It seems that many liners have reported getting covid after parks or cruises but I’ve wondered if it’s the first time they’ve gotten it.

**Edit: I have now read the whole thread and see that it’s your first bout with covid. I got it in February almost a year to the day of my last vaccine. Planning to get the booster end of this month in preparation for our October cruise.

3 Likes

I got my third bout after UOR in May.

1 Like

My DS12 at the time, spent the entire cruise in Edge. He said it was the best vacation ever because he didn’t have to spend it with us! It was our first fall break vacation without his sister as she started college. He’s looking forward to Vibe this year as he is now 13.

4 Likes

I had 4 doses of vaccine (2 boosters) and my whole family still got Covid on our cruise. We were all very mild cold symptoms though.

2 Likes

Darn. Had you gotten the covid booster at that time?

2 Likes

I’ve had no Covid vaccines. It was mild each time. December 2020, April 2022 (after NY trip) and May 2022 (after FL trip).

1 Like

Glad it was mild. Hate that you’ve had it three times.

I believe the problem with these latest variations are multiple including the fact that the vaccine isn’t as close to this virus as the original, according to the articles I’ve read only have short term immunity for 4 weeks post having a case and then you can easily get it again, and it’s much more contagious including outdoors. That’s what my news feed tells me. I wholeheartedly expect to get it again this trip despite having most likely that previous variant in June and three vaccines (I cannot get the fourth cuz I’m too young and healthy. :frowning: )

2 Likes

Same

1 Like

This will be my first booster.

1 Like

Just wait. Your turns will come… Had our 2nd booster about 3 weeks ago.

2 Likes

Really hope there’s a vaccine that better matches the current variants coming this fall!

Anecdotally, I got covid (for the first and only time) approximately 3 weeks after my booster shot last fall (when it was still delta). Had pretty much all the symptoms for 7-10 days.

2 Likes

Not for 2 years.

Though I heard a new booster may be coming as early as September

4 Likes

Yes this. My DS got it at tennis/swim lessons which are very spaced out and half outdoors.

2 Likes

Give me all the boosters!!! (I’m old enough to have had my 2nd but it was back in April so I’m ready for another one)

4 Likes

I’m glad you had a mild case. We will likely mask a lot on our cruise (we’re flying through Canada, so masking is still required on planes), but we will have to take them off to eat. :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve finally caught up! What a fabulous trip. Makes me want to book another cruise but DH doesn’t fancy it. Sorry you got covid though.

4 Likes

I really couldn’t have asked for any better. It was wonderful!

4 Likes

How are you feeling today? Better I hope?

Well, I slept terribly, and I had to be up to do a client’s ADRs this morning. So I see a nap in my future.

I generally don’t feel too bad as long as I am on top of the tylenol and motrin game. Once those are wearing off the body aches creep back in. I had to delay taking them by an hour this morning because I had to take my thyroid medication and can’t have anything at all for an hour after, and so I’m feeling pretty punky right now waiting for them to kick in.

Throat is feeling better, cough seems a little worse, no headache in 24hrs and no fever since yesterday afternoon. :crossed_fingers:t3:

Thanks for checking in on me :slight_smile:

17 Likes