“The Ocean chose ME!” A DCL Trip Report

OK so let’s see what else I can cover for you.

Let’s talk about the kids’ spaces.

I was very impressed by the areas for the kids. There are three different areas, arranged by age. The littlest ones spend time in the Small World nursery. It is SO frickin cute! It was very very clean and quiet and offered both play areas and a quiet room for napping. And it had the teeniest tiniest little commode ever!

The Oceaneers Lab is for kids of the middle aged set, ages 3-12. Kids are signed in by their parents and receive a special “magic band” that they wear during their stay. They can return it at the end of the cruise or they can keep it as a souvenir. There is a handwashing station as you enter.

There is a TON of stuff to do in this area: a dance zone, Disney Infinity zone, a Millennium Falcon simulator, arts and crafts, movies, animation and another gaming area.

Finally there is Vibe. This area of the ship is for teens 13+. It features gaming, music, movies, loads of organized activities, and their own private pool deck with awesome loungers and hot tubs!

Many families find that their kids want to spend all of their time in the kids’ clubs, and I can totally see why! I was glad we were able to get to see these spaces upon boarding for Open House. Naturally they are restricted once the ship has sailed and the spaces are in use.

16 Likes

This design bothers me. Why isn’t it Star Wars themed?

8 Likes

Fair question.

I think maybe it is in keeping with the font selection for that area?

But agree it should be Star Wars font

6 Likes

Crap. That’s a supportive heart.
Rest and take care of yourself.

3 Likes

I could make you one. :joy:

10 Likes

Sadly I’ve had my second booster because I’m old and I still ended up with stupid Covid.

5 Likes

I thought the same thing. It looks like the font for Matterhorn Bobsleds or something. :thinking:

4 Likes

Kids clubs are great! I believe you have to be 14 for Vibe, and there is a “tween” club in between these, Edge, which is for 11-14. My kids are sort of shy with a strong dose of social anxiety, and I was surprised when my 11 yo went to Edge on his own and had a great time there!

P.S. So sorry you are sick. Hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

That’s right :woman_facepalming:t3:

I knew I was forgetting something. Thank you for clarifying that!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh I’m sorry that you are sick! But thank you for taking one for the team in the name of research!

2 Likes

There is also a Toy Story section in here, right? Or is that part of the nursery?

In the smallest whisper possible I dare say the trip was worth it. I mean, did you even see my photos??!!

11 Likes

Hmm… I think so? There’s a door marked Andy’s room near the entrance!

6 Likes

:cry: I hope it gets better quick for you. Everyone in my family that got it were about 48-72 hours of misery and then it was just some leftover sniffles/cough and light fatigue. I wish the same for you. And stay on the Tylenol/ibuprofen (or NSAID of your choice) rotation.

2 Likes

I may have downloaded a couple to my phone to show DH.

3 Likes

Well well well

I am honored :smiley:

3 Likes

I hope you get over this quickly too Jen. Like you, June trip was my first occurrence and my last booster was in Nov. DS18 is the only one in my house still standing. He has severe social anxiety. In middle school, in summer, he’d wear a hoody and pants and a hat to hide as much of himself as possible from other peoples view. So he loves masks and wears them as an anxiety cover more than a Covid cover. This must be saving him or he’s magically immune.

5 Likes

I wish

#@*&#$#% slow internet

1 Like

There is a ton of truly beautiful artwork all around the ship.

I took this video especially for @DumboRunner who I think of, of course, every time I see that adorable little elephant :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

9 Likes

Here is more of the artwork. This is featured in stairwells and other public spaces.

14 Likes