The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Yes, the plan works in theory, and the return times seem plausible to me. But it’s very difficult to predict exactly what the return times will be.

If the return times matched your example, that’s how it would work.

4 Likes

Thanks all. I’m traveling the 3rd week in April. I have several plans I’m constructing based like this. For the plan above, I mostly need Test Track to advance to a return time after 15:00 before the park opens at 10:00, which seems likely. It will take some work to monitor the Test Track return time, but it seems possible. and even if the return time is still before 15:00 at park open, then that probably means that I don’t need to pull Soarin’ right at 12:00, and things will all fall into place.
I have several plans I’ve put together thinking through contingencies like this, and I think most of them should work.

It’s odd: last time I went to WDW, I rope dropped most days of the week. This time, I’m getting to the park in the afternoon most days of the week, generally with 2-3 LL and 1 ILL reservations in hand before I enter the park. The only days I need to get to the park before noon are 2 Magic Kingdom days (one of which involves Tom Sawyer Island and lunch before I get on a ride).
I’m planning on averaging 6 LL/ILL reservations per day, which is a lot more than the number of FP+ I used to average. I also don’t need to worry about a limited number of “A tier” FP+ at HS. In practice, I’m not likely to get reservations for both SDD and MFSR on the same day, but it’s likely possible to do RotR, SDD, RnRCoaster, M&MRR, and ToT all on the same day.
Anyway, thanks all.

2 Likes

I just checked Thrill Data and today TT return times shot up to 6:45pm by 7:10am, so you will definitely want to snag TT first thing at 7am, even before you get Remy or FEA. If the time that comes up first is too early, you may have to refresh once, but I wouldn’t sleep on it.

4 Likes

Oh, and Soarin’ today at 12pm was distributing return times for 2:17pm.

2 Likes

Thanks, yeah, I think I’m going to need my brother or wife to do the ILL reservations in some places, while I work on the free LL ones.
I think my hardest one is going to be getting an afternoon time for SDD. If I get a 10 am return time, it’s too early. If I discard it and try again, I might be too late. I think most of the other rides should have enough time to discard and try again, but SDD looks tight.

1 Like

Sometimes for SDD it seems the best strategy is to try to get one at 7am and if it isn’t a good time, wait until 7:08am-7:11am and then start refreshing to see times that people have dropped back into the system after being on hold for 10 minutes.

2 Likes

Sorry if this is already answered, just trying to make sure I didn’t miss anything.
Is there a second ILL available for purchase at AK while Everest is down for refurbishment, or is it only FOP available until then?

1 Like

It is only FoP.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any estimated roll-out for when LL and ILL will be incorporated into touring plans. Have I just missed an announcement somewhere? I did see earlier in this thread that someone said they thought they read it would be late Jan and I’ve seen some of the manual workarounds. But has there been an actual statement on the blog or somewhere regarding an estimate?

1 Like

Other than the vague statement of “late January,” we haven’t gotten confirmation on timing in a while. Keep an eye out.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought, thank you!

1 Like

I’m trying to make the most of park hopping from AK to HS with LL’s, in which I don’t use but one LL at AK. Can anyone comment on this strategy? At 7am, I try to book let’s say MFSR for sometime right after 2pm…hopefully 2:30pm. At 11am, then I book at AK, anything close…let’s say Safari at 12:00pm. Then when I scan in at 12pm, I book TOT at HS for 4pm. At 2:30pm, I scan into MFSR and use the SDD drop at 2:32 to get SDD for 4:30pm. Then at 4pm, I scan into TOT and get RNRC for what’s left…say 8pm. And the at 4:30pm, I scan into SDD and get whatever is left for TSM…let’s say 7pm. Would this work?

1 Like

Everything before this step works. However, you don’t need to wait until 2pm to get another LL. Your next eligible LL reservation would be at 2pm (two hours after you booked your last one at 12pm) or when you scan into ToT, if before 2pm. Scanning into MFSR would not yield a new LL reservation, since it is no longer your most recently booked one.

2 Likes

I have similar plans except swapping your first two steps. I’ll be using the boarding group strategy someone mentioned early in the thread to get a Navi G+ for as early as possible and hopefully before park open +2 hours. After we check into that, then starting on HS G+. I have an ordered list for G+ at HS from hardest to easiest so that around the time we arrive the most recently booked one shouldn’t be that far in the future. Unless the last one is a SDD drop.

3 Likes

SO here’s my question with this strategy… At 7am, I try to book let’s say MFSR for sometime right after 2pm…hopefully 2:30pm. At 11am, then I book at AK, anything close…let’s say Safari at 12:00pm. Then when I scan in at 12pm, I book TOT at HS for 4pm. At 2:00pm, I book RNRC for let’s say 6pm. Can I scan into MFSR at 2:30pm and use the SDD drop at 2:32 to get SDD for 4:30pm OR do I have another 120 min rule based on RNRC that doesn’t allow me to book again until 4pm? I guess my goal is to try to Park Hop and figure out the best way to use the SDD drop at 2:32.

1 Like

No, you wouldn’t be able to get another LL after tapping into MFSR in your scenario.

The thing to keep on mind is that everything is based on the most recently booked LL. So you can always book another 120 min after your last LL booked OR after you tap into the most recent LL booked… You can’t get a new LL after tapping into a previously booked LL that isn’t the last one booked.

6 Likes

I would try for SDD first thing, since ur waiting till 2hrs after park open either way. If you dont get an acceptable time, plan for 2:32 drop and use MF as a back up.
Alternatively, you could try for a 9am slot at AK then get LLs at HS after you tap into first AK ride.

6 Likes

If you book an LL attraction and it turns into a anytime experience because of downtime, can you then book the same attraction later in the day, or are you locked out as if you had booked it?

Relatedly, if you book for one attraction and then get an anytime experience, and use it on attraction B, can you seperately later book for attraction B?

2 Likes

Is using the 7am, 11am, and 1pm chances to book for HS while at AK the best way to get the most LL’s in HS? It seems to me that the 1pm booking is the most strategic because if I could get something at 2:15, let’s say ST…I might be able to take advantage of the 2:30pm drop of SDD. Yes? Or is there something I’m missing?

1 Like

I remember seeing someone tell what happens if you use an anytime Fastpass and it depended on what you used it on. I can’t remember who said it though! I don’t want to give bad info so I’ll look for the answer or let someone else respond.

2 Likes