The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

You are theoretically correct. Personally I don’t know how strategically I will try to use LL when I’m there because you never know if the drops are going to happen the day you’re there. Better to assume they’re not going to happen and only use the drops if you happen to be needing a new LL around that time. Just my opinion.

3 Likes

Okay here’s a revised strategy based on all your suggestions. Do you see any holes or problems? At 7am, book safari for 9am (don’t book it if not between 9-10am), at 9am after tapping in at safari, book MFSR for later, say 5pm ; at 11am book RNRC later, say 6pm, then at 1pm, important to book something between 2-2:30pm…let’s say TSM. Then hop to HS. Then scan in at TSM, and try to immediately use 2:32pm drop to get SDD at 4:30pm. Then after scanning in at SDD at 4:30pm, get TOT for earliest I can.

3 Likes

No lock outs, at least when I did this on 12/23/21. SSE was down for a bit, and I was able to book it twice and get 2 anytimes. Probably could’ve done it for a third time too, but didn’t have the need to.

3 Likes

I think that should work. I would just be flexible and be prepared to wait standby for SDD if the drop doesn’t happen. It’s usually decently short in the evening.

3 Likes

This is very similar to what I did on 01/22/22. I think it will work fine. My strategy was:

• 0700 - Book KS @ 0835-0935
  • Used KS LL at 0930 (Family slow starters that morning. trying to keep the peace)
  • 0930 - Book MK’s JC @ 1710 (analogous to MFSR in your case)
  • 1130 - Book DHS’s TSM @ 1400
  • 1330 - Book MK’s PPF @ 1840 (analogous to RNRC in your case) (Didn’t book this at 1130 bc return window was not late enough)
  • 1400 - PH#1 to DHS to use TSM (kids just had to ride 1 more time)
  • 1500 - PH#2 to MK
  • 1530 - Book MK’s PotC @ 1740
  • Filled in with SB
  • 1710 - Rode out JC, PotC, Dinner, PPF

One more comment:

• I delayed making a LL reservation from 1200 to 1232 on the previous day to check the SDD drop. I saw zero availability for SDD. TSM did drop from 1700 to 1630 temporarily at that time (the other one I was looking for). Didn’t book, bc we were hopping to EP at 1400-1500 time frame. Based on my research and limited experience, same day SDD+MFSR is a unicorn (unless you employ trickery by booking a down ride, which I think would work?) My guess is you’ll be booking TOT when you scan in at TSM, assuming all else goes well.
2 Likes

This is so helpful @wburke11 …thank you for sharing!

1 Like

I haven’t seen MFSR but I’ve seen slinky fairly regularly. But there are days where they skip one or more drops.

2 Likes

The 9:32 and 2:32 SDD seem to be the most consistent. I don’t trust the 12;00. Sotimes it is at 12;02 sometimes 12:32, sometimes never. Of course all drops have some risk.

5 Likes

I’ve seen the most reliability at the 9:32 drop, followed by the 2:32 drop.

I actually think I’ve seen a 5:02 drop once or twice, but so infrequently that it may have been just a random coincidence.

4 Likes

@bcoley65, np. Learned everything I know about G+ from this thread, so trying to give back :slight_smile:

@heathernoel & @mikejs78, 0932 only seems useful if you book an 0830-0930 MFSR, right? Have to get very lucky to get that one. More likely, you’re waiting until 1100 for eligibility, at which point the 0932 drop is long gone. If you don’t book MFSR at 0700 so as to get SDD at the 0932 drop, then MFSR is probably gone by your 1132 eligibility time, right? Same with booking SDD at 0700; MFSR is gone by 1100. Not saying it’s impossible, but still think you have to get pretty lucky to pull it off. I wouldn’t go into it expecting success, myself.

As for 1432, that might be a good option if you can stay late. We did the HS/EP park hop, bc kids didn’t have the stomach for RNRC and TOT.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve seen 3:02 myself, so I always tell people why not check the 02 and 32 just in case?

4 Likes

I have seen MFSR available at 11:00 but for the evening. Then it runs out really quickly. I think if you are hoping you would have to rope drop one of those two to make it work. Or luck into an early slot for either.

2 Likes

Would you be willing to share? I’m also planning a vacation with G+ and PH… Thanks in advance @Sophia818

3 Likes

I think I am going to start my own thread asking for suggestions on my plans and I’ll attach Genie return times tables I’ve made. It would probably be better for you to start with the table because my list has our quirks, like I don’t see SDD as being all that for us.

3 Likes

@Flavita this is in the first post:

This may also help:

4 Likes

Thanks @bebe80 ! I had seen this incredibly helpful post. I guess what I still don’t know is how to prioritize when planning to park hop (in my case, AK/Epcot day and a MK/HS)

3 Likes

I would say share your list of must-do attractions here for those two days, then we can give you recommendations.

3 Likes

Here now and Genie is driving me nuts. It’s hard to remember when you can book again - I have never managed to hold more than two at one time! And there are lots of glitches, and it too much trouble to go back and forth with my touring plan, so for the first time I haven’t gone over to lines at all. Plus, this morning, Disney somehow decided I was NOT on an onsite hotel after all (worked yesterday) and wouldn’t let me book at 7 until I went and re-linked my hotel reservations . . . those ten minutes make a ton of difference in what’s available. I Do Not Like This.

6 Likes

So sorry it’s not working for you! I would recommend a stop by Guest Services explaining the 7am issue and they might sprinkle some pixie dust.

4 Likes

Thank you!!! Will do that once I book my ADRs.

3 Likes