The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Yes, you can purchase ILL selections for all members of your party linked in the app.

1 Like

Ok so I have read through all of this. (Thank you for the most detailed post on Genie+) I am hoping i can get some clarification or a confIrmation on some things.

If I am park hopping and I want my second park to be HS. Genie+ will only give me LL times for HS after 2:00pm. Soā€¦ at 7AM i can technically make my first LL reservation for HS for after 2 pm and start stacking from there. Without having made any reservations at my first park which I hold a reservation for?

Will the same apply to individual LL$ too? Such as ROR or MMRR.

2 Likes

Your understanding is correct. You can, but donā€™t have to, make any LL reservations for your first park.

Yes. You will be limited to 2pm or later.

1 Like

Great! Thank you. I am starting to understand this all finally!

1 Like

It practically takes an advanced degree.

8 Likes

Right! I think once I get there and start using it I will feel much better. We decided to take a long adult only weekend trip prior to our 10 day family vaca for just that reasonā€¦all in the name of research. Wait was that Disneys plan all along :thinking::rofl:

5 Likes

There was some mention earlier of a park hopping strategy that can get you a second LL quicker. If you get an LL at your first park for as close as opening as possible (something you will actually use), once you tap in for that you can get a second at the next park right away and then wait the 2 hours for a next. This only works if you would 1) like to get an LL at your first park 2) get one very close to park open and 3) work with timing for additional LL availability drops
Their might be more to it but this is what I got out of it.

3 Likes

Oh! Okā€¦i will def look at that possibility. Thanks

1 Like

You wouldnā€™t need to get one very close to park open, just within park open + 2 hours. That is because everyone that got reservation for more than that will be getting their second at park open +2 hours, everyone at once. So, you just need to be ahead of those hordes.

5 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for that intel! Our next fam trip is with a 2 yr old so nap time break and hopping to second park. Never did hopping much before and still up in the air whether ill actually buy G+ (trip far away) but I have several TPs for each day and I have 1 or 2 using this strategy.

3 Likes

I am flying in on 2/27 and am checking in to Coronado Springs on that day. I will be going to the parks after 1:00pm. Can I still make ILL reservations at 7am since I will be checking in that day?

1 Like

Yes you can. It allows you based on whether you have a confirmed resort reservation for that day (including day of check-in and day of check-out).

3 Likes

Great! Thank you so much for your super quick reply!

1 Like

I posted in another thread but thought Iā€™d add here.

I found a work around for adding LL times to your TPs. I copied TPs from a day Iā€™m visiting in February, changed the dates to yesterday, and then proceeded to use the tip board to have a ā€œmockā€ day. I added LL times to TP as I would have been granted the if I were in the park (7am, 11 am, 1pm, and then following imaginary taps) and I reoptimized as I added times to my TP.

This morning I was able to make a copy of yesterdayā€™s TP,s change the date back to February, optimize, and the LL times stayed put!

There are some problems with this approach:
1)The optimized TP for my future date had me tapping into a ride later that Iā€™d planned to tap into on my mock up day - which very likely would impact any LL I picked up after that.
2) MK was predicted a 2 and actually a 5. There was a step after my planā€™s end time yesterday that TP predicts Iā€™d fit in on my upcoming trip. Perhaps distribution would be slower on a day that was actually a 2, and that would change which LLs Iā€™d choose.

Iā€™d planned to purchase G+ for our arrival day, assuming we donā€™t get to the parks until 2 pm, I then have 3 hours at MK followed by 3 hours at HS.

Interesting things I found:

It seemed that booking ILLs gave me more flexibility in my waits than did using G+, with the probable exception of SDD - but we could have also hopped into line at park close. As I added G+ for MK and reoptimized, nothing really changed in what I would be able to accomplish in that 3 hour window. The order clearly changed to make the LL reservation times, but I never finished up earlier or could squeeze in another attraction.

When my ability to make a selection came up, I found that rides with the longest waits already had return times after Iā€™d planned to hop to HS, but then I would flip over to HS and find that the return times were well before the time Iā€™d expected to be in HS.

All in all it was an interesting exercise. It has absolutely made me question buying G+ on a day that I assumed it would be worth it. I can see it making for an in-park headache that may not be worth the time Iā€™d ā€œgain.ā€ I will choose some ILLs, though.

3 Likes

I did the same after I saw it mentioned on a different post but CLs will probably be a bit heavier on my actual days. I noticed the same thing with MK, AK and EP. I may only get the HS on a day Im hopping there and maybe 1 full MK day and just buy ILLs instead (was planning on just 1 a day but if not buying G+ can do 2 a day)

3 Likes

You might want to look at the charts for that day. Look for reported waits to check the wait times in the plan.

3 Likes

Iā€™d like to confirm that I understand things correctly.
Letā€™s say that Iā€™m staying at Kidani Village and I want to start my Epcot day around 15:00 on a day when it officially opens at 10:00 (but actually opens to me at 9:30 as a resort guest).
I believe that at 7:00, I can make a reservation at Frozen Ever After for 17:00 and a reservation at Remyā€™s for 17:40 (each for some $, but I get to choose the times, and the times can be within an hour of each other?)
Letā€™s say before the park opens, I get a Test Track return time of 15:30.
At 12:00 (2 hours after general park open), I can get a Soarinā€™ return time. Letā€™s call it 16:00.
At 14:00 (2 hours after my last LL reservation), I can get a Spaceship Earth return time. Letā€™s call it 15:00.
At 15:00, I enter the park, and tap in to Spaceship Earth. I can then get another LL return time, even though Iā€™m already sitting on return times for Remy, Frozen, and Test Track, and Soarinā€™? So I can pull the Seas at 15:00, with say a 15:20 return time. I get to the Seas at 15:30, and pull a Mission Space reservation. I then use the Test Track reservation, and donā€™t get yet another LL slot, but itā€™s okay because I still have a fist full of reservations for Remy, Frozen, Soarin, and Mission Space.

It feels like I could do all of the rides in Epcot in a day even if I donā€™t get to the park until after 15:00, as long as Iā€™m collecting LL return times before I get to the park.

2 Likes

Yes, that is how it works.

2 Likes

Yes. To get another after the Mission Space pull you would need to either tap into Mission Space or wait till 17:30. You still may have a few options for minor rides at that time. Worth a check (Im not seeing Figment in your plans).

3 Likes

Since you cannot choose your LL return time with G+ and are therefore stuck with either taking the time G+ offers or trying again later, this part of the plan may be the most challenging.

3 Likes