The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

The pressure is real. The more successful you are the more people expect. Lol. Like work! Although I was just thinking as I was trying to read the new WDW UG 2022 in one week from cover to cover as I do, that I do really love the statistics and the planning. I could never hand this work over to a TA because it’s literally half the fun for me. I just wish the new system had been out long enuf for me to feel like I had all the advice I needed to be successful and that I had more time to read this UG. I’m gonna be cramming on the plane. :wink:

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum! That sounds like an excellent plan to me!

2 Likes

I still use a TA. I am still planning, but my TA executes my resort reservations. They also stay on top of discounts and rebooking.

I still do all my ADRs and granular planning. :sunglasses:

5 Likes

You can book either when you check into the last ride you booked or after 2 hours has past. Hope that makes sense!

5 Likes

From what I read, the next available booking should be after you tap into ride from the 1:31 batch or 120 mins from that batch, whichever is first. OMG, please tell me I right forum! I feel like I’m just starting to get the hang of how the timing works, lol.

5 Likes

You are right, it is based on whatever happens with the most recent G+ reservation you got. You aren’t locked into a 120 minute wait after doing that once.

4 Likes

Ok but with a 1 pm Frozen LL, can @npdisney get another LL after tapping in at Frozen rather then waiting for that third LL?

2 Likes

No, because Frozen will no longer be their most recent LL booked. Unfortunately, with the changes in rules to combat aggressive stacking, you no longer get a LL every time you tap in to a reservation, only for the most recent one you’ve booked.

In other words, each LL begets only one other LL, either after 2 hours or after tapping in, but not both, as it used to be.

6 Likes

Dang thought I had this.

gee, I’m glad that Disney came up with a system you need to prep for like studying for GMAT

8 Likes

I need an AK hopping to DHS strategy for January 15th. This will be my only day for both parks. I don’t have any ADRs (except post park closure at Oga’s) with a goal of working in Nomad for an early lunch and DB7 for dinner.

At this point, I am thinking of purchasing ILLs for FOP and ROTR, then only doing LLs for DHS starting at 7am.

My TP for DHS starts at 2pm and includes the following:

Millennium Falcon Smuggler’s Run
Star Tours
Muppet Vision
Rise
AS2
SDD
TSMM
Frozen Sing Along
Walt Disney Presents

My current TP for DHS starts at 2pm, ends at 9pm, and includes all of these (MSFR and ROTR have super long waits) w/o considering LLs/ILLs as that isn’t a function available in custom plans as of yet. I plan on using any bonus time to explore GE, maybe ride MFSR again using single rider.

If I look at the recommended order my plan theoretically could be:

7am
SDD
ROTR
FOP

9am - MFSR
11am - TSMM
1pm - AS2
3pm - MV3D
5pm - ST

Is SDD/ROTR/FOP a good plan for 7am or should the order be switched up?

Thoughts?

2 Likes

That’s a good order. Even better would be having two people on their phones so someone can snag FOP asap so it isn’t an afternoon return time. As a backup, you could wait till 7:08 to book FOP and keep refreshing until the early times are returned from being “on hold.”

2 Likes

It is a solo trip, so another person with a phone isn’t an option! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hmmm, then I might get FOP first. Tough call though!

2 Likes

Here are my thoughts -

ROTR (goes the fatestest)
FOP (may be tough to get a morning slot)
SDD at the 7:08 to 7:13 drop

Park open for DHS is 9:00 so you will not be able to grab another until 11:00. Be ready right at 11 to grab the MFSR. If you miss it, you could ride right at close, single rider or catch a drop. Then:

1:00 TSMM
3:00 ASS
5:00 Star Tours (or after you ride AS2)
7:00 Muppets (or after you ride ST) Muppets was never distributing far from its time.

Look out for drops at every 02 and 32 for HS. I saw them randomly at those times, not just on the hours I expected them.

Good luck!

3 Likes

I keep forgetting we can’t start getting the next one at 9am.

I am not overly worried about being able to ride Star Tours or Muppets as they generally don’t have much of a wait. TSMM and MFSR are the bigger ones and MFSR can be single rider later in the day.

The main attractions I am looking to get ILL/LL for are ROTR, SDD, and TSMM. The rest are all workable.

1 Like

Good catches! I was thinking 9am was a RD.

1 Like

I wonder if I just do FOP last of the three at 7am and if I can’t get something before 1pm-ish, just rope drop it during Early Entry.

2 Likes

You will definitely be able to get TSMM. It refills at the drops often! ST and Muppets were easy - always distributing within an hour of entry time, so why not?

2 Likes

My experience at Christmas was that after I got the ROTR there were no more SDD left until the 7:08-7:13 drop. I sweated it, but they dropped and I got it. So maybe get ROTR, look at SDD (G+ book faster than ILL) if SDD is gone, check FOP as you wait for the drop.

3 Likes

Touring Plans Hive Mind…I think I may have made a mistake in not adding Genie+ to my room/ticket package for December 17-23, 2022. My initial thought process was to just add it on the days we really felt like it would help (MK & HS days) and not do a blanket purchase. Now I’m doubting myself about that decision. My devil’s advocate brain is now yelling at me that I should have added it while the cost is $15/day/person rather than run the risk of the cost increasing between now and December 2022. I think part of my worry came after reading the December 29 Touring Plans blog post where they outlined how much time can be saved with Genie+ even on low crowd days. Ugh! Thoughts from some of the smartest Disney lovers that I know???

1 Like