The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

No I think it’s all about having a reservation on site, not necessarily being checked in. But I always check in online weeks beforehand anyway.

4 Likes

Thanks. Not sure I can take credit for the idea though. Seems like it’s been percolating through the thread. Most discussion has been of HS i feel like. Would be interesting to see if MK can successfully use this technique for a PH. I suppose it’s all out there in the LL availability tables at thrill-data. Just needs to be worked through.

Should be a enough to keep the TP number crunchers busy for a while!

3 Likes

Bad former here sorry.

Have not followed closely

Is there a way to get the dang thing to show you chronologically what is available for LL? Eg I have several things selected to play with and it’s showing me MMRR 5:20 when there is a TSM at 12:30 way down the list. Is there a setting I can change to make it show in time order?

2 Likes

I haven’t covered the technical specs of using the app in this thread, so you didn’t miss anything.

Hopefully someone else knows the answer to this because I’m not sure, but I think unfortunate the default is to show you return times by attraction.

3 Likes

No. Alphabetical listing only…

Just finished a six day trip where everyday we had a late arrival. Will report back when my brain is more organized!

3 Likes

So if you’re taking advantage of Early Entry to AK, aren’t you part of the thundering Rope Drop horde when Disney’s Hour of Mayhem (aka 7 am) arrives?

How’s that working out for people?

3 Likes

The advice if you’re looking for a particular ride is to mark that one as favorite, then it’ll always populate at the top. But that only works one ride at a time. If you just want to see what’s next available you have to scroll. Which is dumb.

4 Likes

What am I missing? I cannot get the tip board to allow me to select my favorites for any park other than MK. Is this a known issue? If so how do I fix it.

I’m using an iPhone 7 that’s just barely hanging in there. Please don’t tell me the answer is a new phone. (Or tell me and I’ll suck it up and buy one.)

2 Likes

Is MK your park that you have APRs for next?

1 Like

Oh it is! So I can only see MK unless I change my first APR?

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

I was having that problem earlier. It would only show me the option to select attractions at Hollywood studios. Which I do not have reservations for today, nor do I have it as my next APR. I think the app is just having a day

2 Likes

Not sure if this means anything to anybody here, but I recalled this post.

This article may be helpful too.

6 Likes

Wow, they really overcomplicated this. Everytime I think I know enuf. Nope. I’m really thinking my Universal time is going to be the more fun and more relaxing and it’s first so I’m scared now of how I’m going to mess this all up for everyone leaning on me to get it right so they don’t get stuck in a 2 hour line for SDD.

10 Likes

So, thinking of doing Expedition Everest, the train out to the Conservation Station & animation experience, FofLK, and Feathered Friends in Flight…

Seems like there’s nothing there crying out for ILL$ or even Genie+ , is there?

3 Likes

I would do standby for all of those. If you already have Genie+, you might as well use it for FFiF and FotLK. And I’m assuming you’re going when EE is not part of Genie+.

3 Likes

Going in May 2022. And looking at Genie+ on a same day basis rather than an upgrade across the board

As it’s our second day at AK, I don’t think we’ll be getting there at RD but I’m hopeful we can still get by with standby and tackle those attractions

4 Likes

Should be completely doable! If worse comes to worst, use Single Rider for EE.

2 Likes

This has been super helpful and love the idea of stacking. We arrive tomorrow and I am curious if this plan will work?

Epcot opens at 9:30

7am LL Frozen for after 1pm
11:31 LL Test Track (since the drop is at that time) for evening
1:31 pick something that is closest to the actual time

If I do that, will I be able to grab another LL right after checking in to that third ride? Or am I still on the 120 minute rule?

TIA

2 Likes

We normally just travel with our family of 4. Our next trip will be with another family (maybe 2). I feel the planning pressure is on to live up to the hype that DH and kids have shared regarding my planning ability.

2 Likes