The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

You can still add it to your tickets. They did say that $15 was an introductory price.

4 Likes

I added after the fact. You can go in and do it right now if you want to in MDE.

3 Likes

Thanks @gingerSnaps543222. My gut is telling me to go ahead and lock in the price before things go crazy. I definitely don’t see them reducing the cost.

3 Likes

Yeah that info was pretty surprising. And given that us Liners know the best ways to get the most out of G+, it’s hard not to just bite the bullet and pay the extra money. Just what Disney wants, but watcha gonna do.

When it comes to our job, ‘time is money’. I guess I’ll just go ahead and apply it to our recreation too. :joy:

9 Likes

I think I’m going to go ahead and add it to our package too. It’s just less messing about while we’re there. I can’t do it online, we have to call. But I’m in the UK.

7 Likes

I added it to mine. Figure it’s insurance against a price increase and one less thing I have to worry about every day on vacation.

7 Likes

I hadn’t thought about a price increase… looking over my planned itinerary thus far, I might not use Genie+ on one or two of my days but if it goes up to $20 pp/day by May that wipes out any savings.

And yes, “one less thing to worry about” could be my mantra on this trip

5 Likes

Except it really means you’ll be messing around worrying all day trying to get Lightning Lanes…sigh.

6 Likes

I mean, yeah. :flushed:

2 Likes

I’m doing it too but I saw one trip report where the liner was on Haunted Mansion attempting to catch one of the drops like at 11:32am or something. That right there is nuts to me!

4 Likes

I have never/will never try to get an FP/LL while on an attraction. Unless it’s a really bad attraction (like I did get a Space Mountain FP once while I was at Stich’s Great Escape).

Kind of defeats the point. In a queue, sure.

10 Likes

Yeah that’s just bordering on obsessiveness. Genie is already saving you plenty of time in line. You can take a few moments to breathe. Stand in the shade or inside the AC and get your next LL before you hop onto a ride.

5 Likes

I dunno. Are you just going to avoid getting into a queue until after the drop? Can you miss the drop and chance missing out on a ride?
Nice relaxing choices, smiles everywhere. They love it in California.

4 Likes

Seems like you could step aside from the queue right before you board if a G+ drop was coming very soon.

3 Likes

You’d think so.

2 Likes
2 Likes

I added this note after the list of Genie+ attractions in the lead post.

2 Likes

I’d hoped that they would leave them as G+.
Oh, well.

4 Likes

I was reading chat last night. Someone posted that if you don’t like the G+ time you are given that you can go back one screen to the select people screen and then forward, repeat until you get a time you like and then complete. I guess the idea is that there is only a miniscule delay from when you see the time and complete.
Then someone else said that it wouldn’t complete if the time was earlier.
Can someone explain this to me?
I would have asked on chat, but my phone displays the chat fine, but chokes when I try to type anything.

2 Likes

It is dumb, except for the fact that often the time showing isn’t actually the next available by the time you scroll down to it and actually click through to confirm it. So in essence it doesn’t matter what time order they’re displayed in. I usually choose 1 ride to start the day at the top, and then edit selections throughout the day to include 1-3 that I want to watch for times on.

2 Likes