The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Yeah, I’m a bit embarrassed that I didn’t do that before posting. I always worry about deleting apps. But yes, at least for now, that did the trick! You were very quick - I came back to update my post, but you had already responded :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Phew! Glad that fixed it! Have a fun trip!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about stacking and all that if you don’t want. It may not make sense during Thanksgiving week anyway. That’s when we go. I would just check 2 hours after you made you last G+ or 2 hours after park opening to see if you are able to select another. That way you can more simply get the most you can. This will probably be fine at every park but DHS. I think they will go fast there next week. If in doubt about when you can book another, just try. MDE will tell you when you are next available if you are not right then. Good luck.

3 Likes

I agree with this. Just for ease I would have added it to my entire stay on my last trip. Instead I only added it for 2 of the days I was there. It is easy to do without it for AK and Epcot

5 Likes

Do the extra Hollywood Studios drops include RotR individual tickets, or just Genie+ rides? I will be staying off property next week, and I’ve been looking the last couple of days and all RotR tickets are selling out well before park opening (with no new ones at park opening, which I was hoping there might be). So, I figured I’d ask whether I have any shot at getting a ticket at the extra drops.

1 Like

I have not seen additional availability or earlier times available at the G+ Drop time for ILL attractions.

This is unfortunate for off siters.

1 Like

There are no set drops for RotR, but on rare occasions, new LL times do pop up later in the day. It’s usually one random time in the afternoon. I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes to cause that - maybe Disney drops a few extra times if the ride is operating smoothly. There’s no rhyme or reason to it that I can decipher looking at the graphs.

2 Likes

Foe the record, the few times I have looked I don’t see MFSR in there either.

2 Likes

So I have been doing some analysis on the Genie data.
Here are the times that ILL attraction “sold out”

16 Likes

These charts show the average delay in time between reserving a G+LL and the return time. The data is based on LL acquired after the park was open.
EP Delay
AK Delay
HS Delay
MK Delay

8 Likes

That Remy sell-out data is weird. 11/13 a Sat, available until 10:28am, then 11/14 a Sunday they sell out in one minute?

2 Likes

Thanks this is great!

1 Like

This is why planning your day has become impossible - the spreads in return times for some of these are just so long.

5 Likes

This looks really interesting but I dont understand it without some info?

is there a post explaining what the lines boxes and symbols mean?

1 Like

Would love Liner thoughts on my 7am HS strategy.

So for a busy XMas week it feels like I should grab any ROTR and a 9-10 two tap ride. Then arrange my day around my ROTR return time. I’ll use one of my EBTBTB LL as a place holder for 2:31 SDD drop since it seems to be more consistent than the 12:01.

2 Likes

A “Box and Whisker” plot is designed to show the distribution of data. The diamonds on the charts above is the average (mean) of average time to wait between making a LL reservation, and the reservation return time. The box is the middle range of 50% of the observations. The line in the box is the 50th percentile (median). The 50th percentile (median) is the point where 50% of the observation are above and 50% of the observation are below.

(That is enough for the statistics class for today.)
images_fences

8 Likes

For me, if I were going in the near future I’d use that to prioritize what rides to get first or when. For example, at MK I might plan on getting Jungle Cruise shortly before I take a long meal break. Whereas the things on the right of the Return Delay Time graph would be Get/ImmediatelyUse.

2 Likes

So it looks like the 7:01 data is just a fluke. I cannot explain why availability showed up at 12:49 and 1:54pm. Since you cannot cancel a ILL I don’t know how inventory would appear after being sold out.

2 Likes

Yes, I am planning on using Genie + for HS and MK next week for my party of four, and I have a feeling the choice will end up being between saving time on a couple of big rides (basically paying $60 to avoid an hour + on a couple rides) and not being able to use Genie + on much else, or using Genie + to save on a bunch of 20 minute waits and having to suck it up and wait long times on rides like MFSR, SDD, JC and PP (this could change a bit if I luck out at 7:00 and get one of those rides in the early morning). I still haven’t decided whether to bother with it for AK and EP, probably not as my Touring Plan says I can do those fairly easily without Genie+ even in Crowd Level 10 days - we shall see.

2 Likes

Great article about the accuracy of posted wait times since LL was introduced.

3 Likes