The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I like this daily update

https://twitter.com/isgenieworthit/status/1461334069820764163?s=12

4 Likes

Thanks thats great!

1 Like

What about stacking LLā€™s using the 120 Minutes?
What i mean is, say I am going to Epcot at 12:00.
So at 7:00 I book 1 LL at 9 AM the next, and 11 AM the 3rd all for after 1:00.

Can i show up at 12:00 with 3 LL in the afternoon?

1 Like

Chiming in here to say that my dearest and longest standing friend is at WDW right now with her DH (who had never been), her two boys (8 and 6 and not thrill seekers), and her 80 year old parents (with mom in a wheelchair). I provided her with some guidance as to how/when to use Genie+, suggesting she skip it for Animal Kingdom and Epcot, use it for their one (and only!) day in MK, and then just buy ILLs for HS. This was the text I got from her about their MK day yesterday:

ETA: a big THANK YOU to @Jeff_AZ for compiling all the information here. I was able to distill it even further specifically for their family/trip but wouldā€™ve been overwhelmed myself otherwise!!

22 Likes

What you described is accurate except you canā€™t book your 2nd LL until 2 hours after Epcot (the park where you made your first LL reservation) opens. So you could make your LL reservations at 7am and 1pm (11am+2hrs), or as soon as you tap into your first one.

3 Likes

Awesome! Love to see success stories!

4 Likes

Thank you.

Sorry for so many questions.
But can you make 2 ILL reservations at once?

1 Like

Yes. If you showed up at Epcot at 1:30pm in my example, you would arrive with 2 LLs, assuming the return window for both was 1:30pm or later. You can stack up as many LL reservations as you can, given the constraints of return windows, etc.

1 Like

This isnā€™t quite the thread for this question, but itā€™s a close enough :-p and since Iā€™ve been asking questions hereā€¦ does anyone have thoughts on whether weather affects crowds? Most theme parks it does, but I tend to doubt it would for Disney World since people travel and had to make reservations for parks. Going next week and one day is supposed to be rainy and another quite cold. It is scheduled to be a Crowd Level 10 and I wouldnā€™t mind some showers and bundling up if it reduced crowds even by 10-20%!
p.s. In trying to get really good at Genie + before the trip, Iā€™ve been refreshing at the new drop times. It did not seem like HS had its typical 9:31 am one today. I sure hope Iā€™m either just wrong or it was just a one day thing.

1 Like

The prospect of rain does not scare away crowds usually, but if itā€™s actually raining, many people stay inside or leave after a few hours. The hour or two right after rain can have lower crowds.

3 Likes

Very interested to see how G+ performs for folks on a mega crowd day. If anyone is going next week and can post some results good or bad, it would be appreciated!

2 Likes

I will - canā€™t promise each day as opposed to end of trip, but I will. My plan is to use Genie+ for HS on Sunday, and MK on Monday and have not decided whether to use for other parks. I will also try to post ILL results as well (Iā€™m 90% sure I wonā€™t be able to get ILL for RotR as I am offsite and it will sell out well before I can buy it, which by the way stinks (sorry to gripe and understand Disney giving a carrot for staying on property, but making it totally unavailable to offsite guests is a bit much I think)).

5 Likes

Saw on another forum by someone who is usually in the know about these things that the LL / ILL allocation isnā€™t near that of what FP+ was, at least for now.

3 Likes

Are you referring to total quantity available or the ratio of LL/Standby attraction loading?

2 Likes

Total quantity available. The ratios can be as high as they were for FP+ when necessary (e.g. an influx of anytime Fastpasses because of downtime) but it rarely gets to that point.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s expected up to this point. FP+ was included with EVERYONEā€™S ticket. And heavy crowds did not test the new system yet.

When attendance doubles or triples, is Disney going to say, ā€œSorry, we are sold out of Genie+ so we canā€™t take your money$ā€ :smirk:

3 Likes

That makes complete sense since we havent seen lightning lanes back up at all.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve forgotten if I read thisā€¦ if a LL converts to anytime during to ride being down, does that create any special circumstances?

1 Like

I think you are able to obtain a new LL when this happens, as if it was used.

1 Like

Does that make a new LL line/branch?

1 Like