The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

My solution to this would be fewer park days, with PH and G+. Get it all done in fewer days. That’s also fewer days of spending money on food, parking, and whatever else in the parks (we stay offsite so no free parking). Another strategy is more days, no PH or G+ and just wait in the long lines. I’d rather do the former.

5 Likes

The other strategy is more days AND PH AND G+. Ask me how I know. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

11 Likes

:rofl: it’s a strategy

3 Likes

Yep! I could wait solo in lines and just read a book or play on the forum but with company, nope. I could forgo PH for G+ though if budget was an issue.

4 Likes

You are one of Disney’s favorite people!

5 Likes

Ha, that’s my strategy!

3 Likes

Haha, we did 3 days with Genie+ leveraging park hopping to maximize, the other two days we just did Epcot, because Guardians. I hope prices are back down lower again in September when I return.

We don’t usually do Genie+ if just going to AK or Epcot. But for me it’s a must at MK & DHS …or when park hopping.

Please let them never go down the path of Universal. It really hurt to pay ¥14100 for Express Pass at USJ …and that only gets you 7 rides :crazy_face: (First time going, on a Friday, can’t handle standing for long periods, so we did it reluctantly…and that was on the low end for pricing, it surged to ¥23800 before selling out)

3 Likes

That’s our strategy too. :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Was it $35 again today? It’s sold out already so I didn’t see.

2 Likes

I believe so.

3 Likes

Yes. $35

4 Likes

Here’s when (approximately) Genie+ has sold out over the past three days. Plan accordingly!

2023-04-03 at 10:35
2023-04-04 at 10:00
2023-04-05 at 10:15

7 Likes

Like anyone on this thread would be buying it after 10AM!

8 Likes

It can be argued that cutting off sales at 10am is still doing casuals a favor, but a Liner might buy it at 845 for a sleep-in til just before park open bc I’m stacking for evening strategy.

Not an issue yet but something to keep an eye on.

6 Likes

Right. Message is still don’t need to stay up until midnight.

5 Likes

For what it’s worth:

I had a lot of success grabbing passes when rides were down in MK. People dropped them like crazy, and they were pretty easy to snag. I used one on the ride it was originally tied to (PPF), but for the other one (POTC), we used it on HM. It didn’t drop off of our account. Hours later it was still there. We ended up using it at POTC and again at Little Mermaid before it finally dropped.

Just a friendly reminder to keep an eye on what’s there - sometimes Disney tech screws up in our favor.

5 Likes

Just confirming that lightning lanes are still good for an extra 120 minutes after they have ended? does it tap green?

2 Likes

Yes, there continue to be reports that taps are green up to 119 minutes. I wouldn’t push it on ILLs, though there have been reports of it working on those attractions as well. FoP seems to be the most strict.

7 Likes

Thanks, I want to use the drops for Epcot but not get there until like 6 or so. So that should work!

2 Likes

Also keep in mind you can modify to a later time without affecting your eligibility for your next LL booking window if it makes sense to do so.

6 Likes