The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Yeah, I love memory maker and on a 10 day trip I think it’s a good value. So many family photos you can get with the photographers and the magic shots are a lot of fun.

5 Likes

Having a brain lapse here… the first LL window available is at park opening, not ETPE, right?

3 Likes

Correct.

3 Likes

First one is 7am for LL for all guests…ILLs are also at 7am, but only for resort guests…ILL for day guests are at park open

2 Likes

I did my first major editing of the lead post today since December. Thank you to everyone who has noted discrepancies. Please continue to notify me if anything is obsolete or inaccurate. Things are always changing around here! :wink:

10 Likes

I would like to clarify park hopping with G+. Can I book my first LL and all the following in the park I’m hopping to not the park I have park reservations? Also does my 120 minutes start at park opening of the park I have park reservation or the park my first LL? I am going to AK for the morning and then HS for afternoon.

3 Likes

You can book each LL in whichever park you want if you have hoppers, including your first LL. You just have to wait for return times to advance past 2pm if you’re booking a LL in a park where you don’t have an APR (park reservation).

The 120 minutes starts at park opening where the LL you booked is located.

(Quirky nuance: Note that if you use your first LL before the park of your second LL opens, the 120-minute timer for the second LL starts at park opening for the second LL’s park.)

3 Likes

Not sure if this is the best place to ask or if there is another thread where this is being tracked.

What are return times looking like for Jungle Cruise when trying at 9:00 a.m.?

I don’t like what my touring plan is telling me. It’s probably right but all the same…

I’m going to start tracking tomorrow.

2 Likes

2:30-4:30 depending on how busy it is, according to this article

7 Likes

Ditto @blemon according to TD.

5 Likes

Thank you both! @bebe80 and @DWJoe.

Super helpful.

5 Likes

I experienced a fluke this AM with MDE and I thought I would report it here. My APR today is for HS. We are spending morning and afternoon at HS and hopping to Epcot. This is how I set up my day in Genie. We have an ADR this evening in Epcot. When I went into MDE to grab ROTR for 9AM, it told me “hopping is not available until 2PM”! :flushed:
I exited the booking screen and went back to the selection screen and tried again. No problem. Got it for 9:20. No idea what happened. It could have really messed up my plans for the day. I hate MDE!

7 Likes

Weird! I’ve never heard of that happening. Glad you tried again and got it to work.

4 Likes

GotG will continue to use VQ when Tron opens. There will be 2 rides with VQ.

8 Likes

FoP has become the most attractive $ILL lately, based on how quickly it sells out and how much wait time it saves.

7 Likes

Interesting!

2 Likes

This is great news!

My next question would be if you are allowed to get both VQs in the same day? That would be possible with a 7am/1pm, wouldn’t it? I don’t know if you could get both right at 7am.

2 Likes

It would be difficult to get both VQ’s.

Same rules apply to TRON as GotG - to get the 7am you need an APR and to get the 1pm you need to have an APR and tap in to the park.

4 Likes

The best way to get both would be:

1. Have an APR for MK and get Tron (which will be the hardest to get) at 7am precisely
  2. Hop to Epcot and enter as soon as hoppers are admitted (usually ~1:45pm) and immediately apply for a 1pm BG

I have thought through whether you can do the Hokey Pokey to get both, and I have concluded that this would only be possible if it was a very low crowd day and you had two people using BG1 to apply, and maybe even a third person ready to switch the APR as soon as you get the Tron VQ.

Maybe now that Tron is the big name in town, GotG VQs will take longer to dispense at 7am, in which case the Hokey Pokey would be feasible.

5 Likes

Thought through this as well last night.

3 Likes