The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Agreed! It was nice of them to not sell G+ in the afternoon so folks could ride Dumbo and Gran Fiesta Tour. :joy:

Once I saw it didn’t sell out until after noon, I was relieved. If you’re buying it that late, it’s not really helping you, so it is a mercy that Disney isn’t selling it to you at that point. It benefits both the guests and Disney.

It made me feel sad for those people who show up clueless at a park at 10:30 and don’t even find out about G+ until they start seeing signs for it. I will never understand spending so much money and doing zero research! My brain does not work that way. I need all the information and details and TELL ME EVERYTHING! :joy:

4 Likes

Thank you, that was really helpful. So, everything is still based on:

• The later of: (booking time+120 mins) of your most recently booked LL, or (park opening+120 mins) ; or

• Tap-in of your most recently booked LL, if earlier than above.

The ability to now modify any LL does not have any effect on your next booking time at all.

Is this right?

4 Likes

There’s no changes at all…The 120 min does NOT reset and you can modify up until you get on the ride and it doesn’t affect anything

3 Likes

Close… Your next time can go DOWN (closer to “now”) if you modify to something ending before the 120 minutes. A modify of your latest booking will never make the next time go UP (later in the day).

5 Likes

Got it. But tapping in, modifying, or letting a LL expire which was NOT your most recently booked has no effect on your new booking time, correct?

4 Likes

Yeah this astounds me. I get that not everyone is a planning freak like we all are but you won’t spend even 30 minutes doing some research? That’s all it takes to find out the basics.

4 Likes

All correct except to add, if you modify your most recently booked LL, the new return time is what controls when you next book, unless that return time is later than 120 mins out from when you originally booked.

Correct, no impact at all. It is a really nice feature that greatly improves flexibility.

5 Likes

Starting March 20, Genie+ includes attraction photos. https://www.wdwmagic.com/other/photopass/news/23feb2023-disney-genie-will-include-disney-photopass-attraction-photos-starting-march-20-at-walt-disney-world.htm

I suppose that means it does not cover other photos in the parks, like on Main St?

ETA: I wonder what counts as “attraction photos.” Do meet & greets? They’re an attraction.

6 Likes

It’s still TBD on how the ride photos will show up if you don’t have a MB, right? Is it just going to use phone Bluetooth?

4 Likes

I think there will be lots of questions about the details. Other folk can answer this better than I can.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure attraction photos means ride photos that are taken automatically. My guess is it won’t include any actual photographer, magic shots, or meet & greets.

If you have MagicMobile on iPhone it was supposedly in development to work like MB. But if not, just scan your ticket on the sensor under the photo display when your photo pops up at the ride exit. Or make note of the time you were riding and you can request the photo later.

5 Likes

I also think “attraction photos” will be as defined by MDE. If I go in there now and filter to “photopass”, you can click on them and they are explicitly labeled attraction photos. I don’t think characters are included.

3 Likes

But not all attractions have that tap at the end option - do they? I have MBs and am not making any trips anytime soon. The only one I saw tap at the end is Buzz, but maybe I just wasn’t looking properly.

3 Likes

They are at the end of most of the attractions with ride photos, though I can’t remember enough to say “all.”

4 Likes

Well, I must’ve just not paid close enough attention then :thinking:. I never looked for them - except at Buzz. Everything else populated for me with my MB, except for my haunted mansion pic

2 Likes

All of the rides have receivers scattered throughout the path so they can estimate which vehicle has which guests. Sometimes it guesses wrong and that’s why you’ll sometimes see other families in MDE.

The post-ride tap point isn’t really necessary (think 7DMT).

3 Likes

Yes - but the question is - will it become necessary if you do not have a magic band but you purchased G+? How are people getting those photos now? (I honestly don’t know)

4 Likes

What are your thoughts on having MM now? Sort of seems like a waste but the best photos are not from rides. Can you remove MM from your package? Does this count as a rebook in terms of rates?

3 Likes

I always thought the value of MM is in the photographer photos (and apparently Disney does, too), so I think it’s still worth it. But it’s totally up to you. I would give them a call and see if they can remove it for you. If it’s more than 25(?) days before your trip, I would think they’d do it without affecting your rate, but it’s always possible you’d lose it and it wouldn’t be worth modifying.

4 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking too - the better photos are elsewhere. Since I’m on a 10 day trip I guess it’s worth keeping MM.

5 Likes