The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Do we know what time today it sold out?

5 Likes

I donā€™tā€“Iā€™ll be interested to find out.

2 Likes

Scott Gustin on Twitter posted about it at 2:16pm. He is usually pretty prompt to report on things like this. I would assume it was at least in the afternoon like yesterday.

7 Likes

The blogmickey screenshots say 2:17, so that ties.

Cutting off sales in the afternoon on a crowded day is probably a good thing, and is not really a problem for Liners.

7 Likes

FYI for reference, TD tracks the sold out times. Itā€™s showing yesterday at 12:45, but has not updated yet for today.

6 Likes

Well of course they do. LOL :rofl:

Whoever works on that site has left no data stone unturned.

6 Likes

This was my thought. At least to raise the ceiling.

5 Likes

Good - at least we still know we donā€™t need to stay up to purchase it.

5 Likes

Link please? I canā€™t find it

4 Likes

Near the bottom: Disney World Genie Plus Price Tracker - Thrill-Data

5 Likes

Thanks Skipper

4 Likes

Now the sold out time was removedā€¦

4 Likes

Presumably a certain quota is hit and then sales are stoppedā€¦ so what I want to know is, who are these people still buying at 2pm??? When theyā€™ve missed the whole morningā€™s stacking and they wonā€™t be able to book any of the popular rides? Not Liners, thatā€™s for sure!

Maybe Disney is stopping sales to save these people from themselves?!! :rofl:

9 Likes

Actually thatā€™s not a bad idea. Maybe they have gotten a lot of complaints from people who buy in the afternoon and canā€™t get any good rides. So maybe they adjusted their metrics that would trigger a shutdown of new sales for the day ā€¦ :thinking:

11 Likes

Thatā€™s my most likely theory. Itā€™s a guest satisfaction decision - Disney figured out that selling G+ after a certain point on busy days costs them more in guest sat than the incremental revenue it brings in.

8 Likes

Hey Jeff, does this Tip for ILLā€™s from your OP need to be updated or am I reading it wrong? Just checkingā€¦

4 Likes

Yes it does. Those are all supposed to be ILL attractions and some no longer are. Thanks!

3 Likes

I have read and re-read the rules on this, but for some reason, I canā€™t hold it in my brain. Can someone please summarize what happens to your next booking time when you modify? I understand that you can now modify any LL that you are holding. The old rules were simple and were based on either your most recently booked LL (either + 120mins or tap-in) or park opening + 120 mins. Now, if you modify a LL that is not your most recently booked, what happens to your next booking time? Please use examples! Thanks so much! Not sure why I canā€™t get this straightā€¦

3 Likes

Nothing happens! Modifying NOT your most recently booked has no bearing on when you can book next.

5 Likes

A great breakdown with examples: When Can I Book My Next Genie+ Lightning Lane? | TouringPlans.com Blog

5 Likes