The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I’m thinking about Genie - I believe there is a correlation between cost of G+ and crowd levels.

@len - is there a plan for TP to publish some data related to this correlation? What we could expect for waits if G+ costs X amount? What LL availability looks like based on G+ price?

4 Likes

Oooh. I’m doing some interesting G+ analysis now. Let me check. I’ll ask someone from the stats team as well - this would make an interesting blog post.

11 Likes

Thanks for taking a look at it! Becky did an article back in October but that was only with 2 weeks of data. With more data, I wonder if you will see a correlation between the two.

3 Likes

Is this still accurate? I thought that G+ would automatically give you post 2 pm times for non APR parks.

3 Likes

That used to be the case but unfortunately they made a system update a few months ago that removed that feature. Now you have to wait for the window to roll in the natural course of the day.

9 Likes

Argh that is frustrating! Thanks for the info.

3 Likes

Ride breakdown may now be compensated with an LL.

I’ve read several accounts in the last month or two on various sites about Disney compensating guests in standby with an LL if the ride breaks down, particularly during EE.

8 Likes

There is a report on chat that Genie+ sold out today?

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1627365372126003205?s=61&t=EQl3_kKjn45S4ElfNeyBaw

7 Likes

I wonder what the crowd level is today? I guess it is Presidents’ Day weekend, which has historically been busy.

5 Likes

Projected an 8 but busier than Christmas week?

5 Likes

Remember - people still had it included in their packages at Christmas. My theory is that they didn’t want to push sell outs then - even if more crowded or at capacity.

5 Likes

Yeah it’s hard to reconcile. Makes me wonder if they reduced the total available to be sold.

5 Likes

Thanks for this. I’m trying to theorize what metrics Disney may be looking at that lead them to stop sales of G+ today, and yet not during Xmas week.

• Looking at LL availability charts on TD for today vs past couple days on Remy, SDD, and JC, they did go faster today, but still not as fast as Xmas week.
  • Park hours today are fairly long.
  • Reservations are still available for AK and Epcot.

So what could it be? Maybe a higher % of guests bought G+ today relative to Xmas week?

One interesting question is exactly what time today Disney stopped selling G+. If they stopped selling at noon, maybe the thinking was that anyone buying it past that time would have a poor experience, so don’t sell it.

It’ll be interesting to see the complete data for today eg actual CL when it’s available.

5 Likes

I think you’ve got a point here. If true, it suggests G+ sellouts may become a regular thing. President’s week may be the first time we hit peak CL’s since the last of the G+ packages were phased out.

6 Likes

Scott said Genie+ sold out at 12:45pm. At least that’s a good indication that you don’t have to buy it at midnight to ensure it won’t be sold out when you buy.

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1627380922789269505?s=46&t=R3EmYdgp-L5vIo8rSsuXkQ

9 Likes

He posted at 12;51.

Think about it…. $29

6 Likes

Thanks for critical data point. Whatever method Disney is using to determine when to pause G+ sales, I think the important metric for us to keep an eye on is when it sells out.

If noon-ish, it doesn’t really affect us much, since any Liner-in-the-know will generally be buying it in the early morning, or not at all.

9 Likes

Wow - was not expecting this for some reason!

More and more glad I bought Genie ahead for DLR at Spring Break.

But the selling out seems like a precurser for the price going up and up.

4 Likes

Exactly. I’m not worried until it starts selling out before 7 or 8.

6 Likes