The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

That looks like a pretty solid plan. What kind of crowd level was it when you did this?

2 Likes

It was a CL 7.

4 Likes

Key info:

• Shows MDE modify screens
  • advises people to always book when able, even if return time is too early, and modify to a later time when times have moved out.
5 Likes

Do I have the new modifying rules straight?

1. Any LL that is not most recently booked can be modified at any time and does not affect the next eligible booking time.

2. When modifying the most recently booked LL,

a. If the LL is moved earlier than 2 hours out, the next eligible booking time is either when that LL is used or at the end of that LL’s return time.

b. If the LL is more than 2 hours out, the next eligible booking time is two hours from when the ORIGINAL LL was booked.

3 Likes

I believe so.

I did read a FB post about a glitch where the user moved Frozen Sing Along (their most recently booked LL) to a later return time and the next eligible booking time was reset to later than 120 mins from the original booking. Possibly there is some special/odd behavior with show LL’s.

6 Likes

Those show LLs are always causing confusion.

4 Likes

TP concurs.

Excerpt:
What about if you modify a Lightning Lane reservation? The key word here is modify – it’s still the same reservation, even if you’ve changed it so that the time or attraction is different. It doesn’t reset the “when can I book” time if you were waiting for 2 hours to pass. And if it wasn’t the last reservation that you made or it wasn’t blocking you from a new one before you modified it, then it still isn’t afterwards. The only case where modifying a Lightning Lane reservation could change when you can book a new one is if the new window begins less than two hours after you made the original reservation.

4 Likes

Edit: correction, price was $29 (thanks @Flutegarden for the catch). Thrilldata tracker was showing $30 earlier, but it’s been corrected.

G+ hit $30 today, breaking the prior high of $29 from Thanksgiving, and suggesting it may go higher still during Xmas week.

RotR $ILL still at $25.

5 Likes

I’m seeing it at $29.

4 Likes

I posted this on the DL thread too but Genie+ sold out in DL yesterday?

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1608091048135331843?s=46&t=lqsUZr4XrdlTC_2Wh1gwyA

4 Likes

So there is a limit! What were the crowds like in DL that day? I don’t follow DL that much…

3 Likes

Interesting. Still took until noon.

3 Likes
4 Likes

I hope this is the right place to post about my experience using touringplans with Genie+. If not, please move it to the correct place.

I had some interesting and sometimes frustrating experience with the app and LL this week. I had the plans setup to indicate that I would purchase Genie+ and would obtain the first LL at 7:00. In practice, here is how it worked out for me:

1. 4 days in a row I made my first LL selection at 7:00 +/- 3 minutes. Every time the MDE app restricted me from obtaining another one before 10:30am. I glanced through recent posts and don’t see a policy change from 2 hours to 3.5 hours, but that’s what I experienced. (Not a Lines problem, just reporting what happened to me.)

2. After obtaining the first LL of the day, I had no way to enter the return time in the app. The “obtain an LL for XXX at 7:00” step was at the top, but there was no button to enter the return time. On day 1 I got tired of waiting and used the website to enter the return time as another DAS even though it wasn’t the case. That allowed me to optimize and use the app more or less as intended. On day 3 we didn’t hurry out of the room, and around 7:45am the button to enter the return times appeared in the first step.

3. The Lines app “locked me in” to a suggested return time, and never allowed me to modify it, even when I deleted both the “obtain return time” and the actual ride steps. Example: on Day 3, the optimizer recommended obtaining a Slinky Dog return time at 7:00am that was expected to be at 6:45pm. When I could get only 8pm for SDD, I instead booked an LL for Runaway Railway. No matter how many times I deleted the obtain and SDD steps, adding SDD back to the plan caused it to show LL at 6:45pm with no option to modify the time.

4. Sometimes rides didn’t allow me to add a DAS time in the app; that option simply wasn’t in the spot it should have been. I had to keep opening the website in my phone browser to add another DAS return time. That caused its own troubles as navigating anywhere inside the plan table removed the ability to scroll the page without backing out and reloading it.

By Day 3 I stopped using the Lines app to optimize and plan because it couldn’t keep up with my actual LL selections and any modifications that were made to LLs. I wound up referencing the app for expected wait times and just using MDE for my plan. YMMV, but the app didn’t live up to my expectations regarding LL and DAS tracking.

3 Likes

That would be normal if park opens at 830 - you can make your 2nd LL pick 2 hours after park open, assuming you haven’t tapped into it prior. See post 1.

4 Likes

Thanks, I missed that part. The planner who explained the system to us said we could make one at 7 and the next at 9. I guess she wasn’t aware of all of the rules either.

3 Likes

I suggest you make a separate thread for your touring plan questions - Len (TP’s owner) has been monitoring and responding to similar threads recently and is more likely to see it that way.

3 Likes

What is the grace period for ILL? I know regular LL has been up to 119 minutes past the expired time. Thanks

2 Likes

That’s What’s been reported until yesterday someone on chat said they were turned away after 75 min past. Unclear if that was a fluke or a change. You might want hop on chat and read about if over the next few days.

6 Likes

We don’t know for sure since no one has been willing to really push the boundaries. People have been 40 minutes late and it’s worked. I suspect it’s 119 too.

Yesterday someone reported being within 119 at Peter pans flight and being turned away but that needs more testing.

5 Likes