The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

@Jeff_AZ Thank you so much for putting this whole post together. This is exactly they type of information I was looking for. I’ve tuned out all this Genie stuff as I didn’t know when we would go again (and wishfully hoping it would change back to FPP :joy:). As I plan a trip for mid January I’m now trying to catch up on all the new stuff. Just a heartfelt thank you!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! I’m so glad people are able to get the info they need here. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I try to stick to the basics because I know the strategizing gets complicated fast.

6 Likes

Woo hoo! It looks like a G+ update is coming. Guests will be able to modify their LL selections! I saw this via Brooke McDonald on Instagram. You’ll be able to search for other attractions or arrival windows!

7 Likes

Here’s a tweet about it. Not sure how reliable she is, I’d love to see Scott Gustin tweet it to be honest.

Also it may not take effect until 2023 is my guess, sadly.

https://twitter.com/AshleyLCarter1/status/1600184140657315841?s=20&t=2vK02K-jpbuK-cSTuYtVwg

4 Likes

The tweet says it will take place in the next week or two?

4 Likes

He tweeted it too:

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1600188122041438208?s=46&t=esaFuxGVpp2VHrbzE06j7g

8 Likes

Here’s an article about it: Walt Disney World Guests Will Soon Be Able to Modify Genie+ Lightning Lane Selections - Orlando Theme Park News

4 Likes

The interesting thing is that it apparently doesn’t reset the 120 minute window if you modify. Hopefully you’ll be able to take advantage of that with Merlock.

14 Likes

Now that got my attention!

8 Likes

As it shouldn’t!

7 Likes

The other thing this potentially does is open up more LLs throughout the day. If more people are modifying, that frees up times. Possibly why the old FP+ grab and modify trick worked.

13 Likes

I see WDW has a 7 month delay in following you by making these upgrades. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Wonder what’s next on their improvements list…

12 Likes

You’re gonna have to install the next MDE update as a bookmarklet.

12 Likes

I wonder how much of this has to do with overlapping Dining Reservations and if they will continue to be lenient on arrivals.

4 Likes

And the general population reacts like…

200w

11 Likes

Yeah that’s the kicker. Anyone with access to BG1 has been able to modify. It’s the 2-hour clock that is news.

12 Likes

You can modify to a different ride, but not a different park.
Source:

6 Likes

One question I have is can you modify any LL selection you made, or only the most recent?

7 Likes

From the way it’s described I would guess any. But I’ll keep an eye out in case that is confirmed either way.

5 Likes

You would think it would be any, but the sources don’t say explicitly. Strategy-wise the answer will make a big difference.

5 Likes