The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Saw this just now

5 Likes

Itā€™s been in the Genie Cava thread - confusing I know since we have 2 similar threads going.

4 Likes

Sorry and thanks. I donā€™t follow the genie threads much. But wanted to share.

5 Likes

I am sooooo happy about this. Canā€™t wait to see it in action. For the refreshers like me, it will be a game changer!

1 Like

Sharing this here. Every week, Becky has great data to share. I wanted to specifically show this. Itā€™s so helpful for the rope drop crowd. Make sure to check in with the data dump blogs ahead of your trip to see the latest trends.

14 Likes

Wow ā€“ Pirates!! :flushed: Probably a good idea to avoid ToT, as well. The rest seem like a decent chance of getting on, though thatā€™s still pretty frustrating.

5 Likes

Heard ToT had unexpected maintenance on one of the elevators and thats why wait times have been bad

2 Likes

Is that confirmed that it wonā€™t reset the 2 hour window? That would be amazing!

3 Likes

Yes it has now been confirmed.

Iā€™ll be updating the lead post with the new modify rules once some of the details get confirmed.

4 Likes

Thatā€™s great news!! Thanks!!

2 Likes

It just occurred to me how much this can impact stacking strategy. Letā€™s say you are PH to MK around 5 and your priorities are SM, BTMR, and HM. Now letā€™s say you finish up at your morning park around noon and are ready to start booking LLs. The return windows for the three attractions are 3:45, 2:20, and 1:45 respectively. Prior to this week, you would have to wait until SM pushed forward to after 5, thus not starting your 2 hr timer until it did. But now:.

• Grab SM at noon, wait until it passes 5:00 and then modify.
  • Grab BTMR at 2, wait until it passes 5:45 or so, then modify.
  • Grab HM at 4.

Now you can make use of the 2 hr window even if your desired return time hasnā€™t been reached yet (as long as itā€™s after 2PM when PH), so you can maximize your number of LLs.

7 Likes

I do think this is going to make things more straightforward and less stressful in a lot of ways. But still ā€¦

My head hurts. :rofl:

6 Likes

Yeah, now Iā€™m glad I never learned the old genie ways.

I really hope I can just use these like FP refresh. Grab earliest one (with some strategy) for around 10. Get a few rides out of the way with RD. Ride first genie+ attraction. Proceed to refresh. Just have to remember one ride per day. When done with first park, stack for evening.

5 Likes

I think itā€™s going to be very much like this. You can grab the first one available when youā€™re eligible and then refresh for drops / random availability and get a more suitable one.

8 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to our trip more and more with every improvement that comes out!

3 Likes

Yeah this is a real game changer. When I went between Christmas and New Years last year I had to do a lot sit around and wait. Now I would make sure to pick up something every two hours to make sure I had the max number of LL to then modify.

6 Likes

Yes. One thing to add when building your stack: donā€™t let any expire, b/c expired LLā€™s canā€™t be modified.

It follows that when stacking for later in the day with intention to modify, you should choose placeholder LLā€™s with late return times initially, to reduce the number of times you to ā€œkick the can down the roadā€ to keep LLā€™s from expiring.

Example: Youā€™re in MK and want to stack Splash / BTMR for evening, and donā€™t want to do JC/PPF.
Solution: Pick JC/PPF anyway as your first LLā€™s, so you get late return times, and modify when Splash / BTMR times get late enough.

If you pick other rides for your first/second picks, you may have to modify more than once, to keep them from expiring.

I wonder if you can modify a ride to the same ride, changing only the return time?

9 Likes

You can.

8 Likes

Thanks. Do you know if you can modify an expired LL thatā€™s still within the official 15 minute grace period? It could open up new stacking strategies.

5 Likes

@joelbruick do you know the answer to this? Iā€™ve heard rumblings but no confirmation.

3 Likes