The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Nope, neither did I!

4 Likes

Can’t you just modify it? It should keep the tickets you’ve purchased (including the G+ portion). Hopefully someone can chime in on this to confirm.

2 Likes

I was able to extend my UT-purchased tickets w/G+ included (not a package) into Jan 2023, but I had to wait on hold for 2 hours for level 2 Disney support to do it. So maybe @Gnatjo might be able to get good results by calling Disney.

4 Likes

We booked through a travel agent and I don’t want to bother her with this request. I’ve already made one change and extended my trip by a day. I hate to ask her to try to make this modification too.

2 Likes

They get paid to do this. I would definitely ask her. Are you upgrading or downgrading? If you’re upgrading, she will make more money. If you’re downgrading, it saves you money that you may be able to spend else where.
If there is availability, it won’t take her but a few minutes to change

5 Likes

I’d be shocked if they didn’t put a cap on the number of Genie+ entitlements sold in a day (in conjunction with a significant Christmas price hike). The higher prices do seem to have an impact on how quickly experiences are “selling out”, they’re measurably later in the day on the most expensive days.

5 Likes

Does anyone know if the ~2 hour grace period also applies to ILL currently?

3 Likes

Reputed to, although not tested as thoroughly as G+

4 Likes

Now that Ratatouille is G+ and not ILL, is there an update to the EP priority list?

3 Likes

Thanks for the prompt – I went ahead updated for all the parks.

Some thoughts:

Epcot: Interestingly, Test Track has pulled away a little from FEA enough that I’m going to go ahead and put that as the higher priority.

MK: Splash seems to be pretty consistently 3rd behind JC and PPF, with HM 4th and Space 5th.

HS: MFSR is all over the place - return times jump up early in the morning but then the later return times don’t get claimed as much as other popular attractions – I think a lot of people do SWGE first thing in the morning. Evening there might be a good strategy.

AK: It’s the same story as earlier this year. Return times for Navi go faster, but KS runs out first since it closes in the early evening. So whether you snag KS or Navi will depend on your priorities.

11 Likes

Thank you @Jeff_AZ !! This list has been so helpful!

4 Likes

This is a tough one. Both FEA and TT are hard to get as a third LL and guests will likely have to choose between FEA LL and TT LL (while hoping to get the other at a LL drop or riding at RD).

7 Likes

Also noticed no Adventure Outpost for AK which seems to run out early.

4 Likes

I think the concept of having to pick and choose and use RD to supplement is separate from the order of priority, but of equal importance. I may add a bullet point on that under tips.

5 Likes

I have intentionally not prioritized M&Gs, shows, and activities because they are more niche and their capacity is usually such that a LL is not needed.

Also it’s hard to track the availability of something that closes at inconsistent times. ie, is it running out because there are no more show times that day, or is it running out because everyone has claimed all the return times? Even if I could adjust for that, it’s hard to decide which attractions it should go between.

In short, if the outpost is a priority for someone, the LL should be a priority for them. But the people in that bucket will likely know that.

9 Likes

Just wanted to report what Becky said on today’s data dump:

“Tower of Terror continues to have crazy wait times, making a big case for it to be pushed a little higher on our Genie+ priority list for that park.”

10 Likes

Yeah, what I did in the summer was to prioritize TT then FEA, and then wait for the Remy drop. It worked!

3 Likes

Was Becky’s information on the blog or on Youtube?

2 Likes

Blog

3 Likes

It’s probably worth mentioning that from now until January 22nd when it has its last day of operation, Splash Mountain will likely have higher demand and longer queues, meaning it should be a higher priority for LL. Of course, on cold days and in the late evening it will probably still be relatively easy to get on without a LL.

10 Likes