The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Lol

5 Likes

Under/over on Christmas pricing?

I just saw that today is the first day that Rise ($25) is cheaper than Genie+.

5 Likes

I would not be shocked if it touched $50, but I think it at least gets to $40 (or $39).

5 Likes

Yeah. I was thinking $25 for holidays. It will probably the same all week? Christmas maybe $30.

They really should release the prices in advance. Even a few days so people can make decisions.

6 Likes

Do you think Iger as CEO will affect G+ surge pricing over the holidays?

Without Iger, Iā€™d guess $29, same as today.

4 Likes

For better or worse? Who knows. Iā€™d at least like the prices in advance.

5 Likes

Iā€™m of two minds about this. On the one hand the fact that G+ is almost double today what it was a couple of months ago feels obscene. On the other hand, G+ was practically useless last year during the holiday weeks, so maybe this is necessary to stem demand?

10 Likes

I have read a couple reports/blogs that said the price didnā€™t keep people from buying it. I read on chat someone said LL lines were long (could have been just one persons experience).

3 Likes

Makes sense. Stand by is so long people probably bought it after entering the park.

3 Likes

Hi Everyone! I normally use the chat, so first time using the forum! Going to WDW 12/10, first time since 2019. I see the information at the top of this thread is from Nov '21. Is that still relevant? Also, I read somewhere about stacking Genie+?
Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance! :smiley:

3 Likes

The information at the top is updated regularly (by me) with the date of the latest update listed at the very bottom of that first post. Read through it all and let me know if you have any questions!

Stacking is generally explained in the post but there is a lot of nuance and strategy that can go into maximizing the benefit of Genie+, but it wonā€™t make sense without understanding the basics.

5 Likes

Welcome back to the forum @NurseMinnie131. I PMā€™d you the drop thread and the BG1 thread. Like this thread, the first post in those threads are updated.

2 Likes

Oh wonderful! Thank you! I will get to studying. Thank you for offering to tutor me. Its greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Thank you! I am going to dive right in and make myself a little cheat sheet. I appreciate you sending me the links so I dont get too lost!

2 Likes

@Jeff, maybe that ā€œLast updatedā€ should be at the top of the post? That way people know right away that itā€™s current, without having to read all the way down to the bottom of that post. It is such a very long post, but necessary!

5 Likes

Good idea!

5 Likes

When you look at the edit button (top of post), doesnā€™t it also show the last date it was updated?

3 Likes

Yes, it does. I was mainly thinking of the easy, obvious way to show the threadā€™s latest update. These pinned Genie+ threads often have someone asking if the first post is still current, and I wonder if these people are newer to the forum. If so, they may not be familiar with what clicking on the edit pencil will reveal. This way no extra steps are needed to discover the date it was updated.

4 Likes

Iā€™m not new and had no idea hitting the pencil gave you the last edit date! :crazy_face:

I agree, the last updated date should be at the top. Especially since the first post is a mile long.

8 Likes

I would really like to change our December booking to move to POFQ, but the thing that is keeping me from doing it is that when we originally booked our package, we included Genie+ which at the time was $15/person/day. I found the combination of Genie+ and BG1 to be so helpful during high crowd times this weekā€¦canā€™t imagine not having it when we go back in a month. No way am I paying that daily rate though!

4 Likes