The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I’m sorry. I should have added more info. Yes, we are staying on-site at Pop, starting NYE.

3 Likes

One more question, I apologize. Disney IT is weird, so I’m fretting over little things.
Staying on-site, only my DH and myself.
If I try for scheduling ILL on my phone, can my DH under his own MDE schedule for LL on his phone at the same time?

4 Likes

Yes, both can be done at the same time on different devices.

6 Likes

I’ll be there Halloween through the first weekend of Nov. Throwing in Fantasmic has scrambled my plans and made our HS days very uncertain. We also have a DAS person with us, but we’re a party of 9. So still intended to Genie+ our MK day -which is Oct 31 (full park reservation day) and HS Nov 4 and use DAS between Genie+ Reservations; but just do early day/late night for the other park days.
What I can’t decide is should I also pay for ILL for ROR? I have ‘visit the park once every 5 years’ friends and I have line tolerance of about 45m - so kinda figure we need to being doing the LL+ for RoR and Genie+ for Fantasmic at the same time.

4 Likes

Avg wait time for RotR last couple weeks has been 100+ mins and it sometimes goes down so early $ILL is your best bet if your wait time tolerance is 45mins. I assume you’re staying onsite? Book it as early as you can as earlier return times don’t last long, and it usually sells out by 8:30am. Not much chance if you’re staying offsite. Also, Disney’s raised the price on this, the most popular and biggest time saver of the $ILL’s, to $20-25+/pp. Still worth it IMO if you’re any self-respecting Star Wars nerd, as it’s a super immersive 18 minute ride, and real cheap compared to Galactic Starcruiser.

5 Likes

Took a look at the G+ booking process this morning and didn’t see the ‘edit selections’ button on my tip board. I’ve ‘set up my day’ already. Will this magically appear on the dates I have tickets for? (I guess you can’t pretend to book G+ anymore either, because no one in my party has eligible tickets for today.)
Anything else I need to do to prep for booking G+ on park day 1?

1 Like

Yeah once you’ve set up your day, you just have to wait till the actual day to see the full functionality.

5 Likes

Fyi: Fantasmic has opened and appears on tip board with showtimes, but is not a G+ attraction (yet). I thought it might be G+ bc it’s seating in an ampitheater, and perhaps G+ would be a good way to score dead center seats.

7 Likes

@Jeff_AZ a few changes to consider for post 1:

*Genie plus now costs a variable amount based on demand
*$15-22 is the price range observed through Nov 3, but may go higher
*Individual Lightning Lane maximum observed thru Nov 3 is now $22
*When hopping, you won’t be allowed to book G+ in your 2nd park until the ride’s return window has advanced to 2pm or later. This does not apply to $ILL

11 Likes

Thanks! I will make these updates.

5 Likes

Thanks for this thread it helped a lot on my trip! Especially the graphic of hardest get for each park. It helped me focus at 7am.

My only real grievance with Genie besides the price, is I would like to just pick the time that works instead of having to refresh a million times to get a later time. Otherwise we did well with it.

9 Likes

Woohoo! Glad it was helpful for you.

4 Likes

Thanks for all your work on this!

5 Likes

We will be taking a short trip in December. Trying to figure out genie+ with park hopping. We plan on doing the morning in HS then heading to EP that afternoon. We want to ride remy. Do make LL for that first then start making for LL for HS after opening or would it be too late to get anything at that park? So confused.

3 Likes

I think I would rope drop another priority at HS, do SDD LL first and grab Remy at a drop.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for the response! What time are the remy drops?

3 Likes

Here is what @mikejs78 says:

• 1:47, 3:47, 6:47 - Remy

You can check out the latest info on all the Drops at this thread:

https://forum.touringplans.com/t/genie-ll-daily-drops/82151

P.S. While this is probably the most effective plan, I would be nervous to rely on a drop and might get the LL I truly want the most first thing at the expense of getting one at HS. Just something to consider depending on how disappointed you’d be if you had to wait standby for Remy.

6 Likes

Just saw this old thread and realized you are there now…how’s the crowds?

2 Likes

Can’t help too much because we only got one park day in before getting kicked out of our campground today because of Nicole. Magic Kingdom on a party day had decently low waits most of the day. We did all standby in the morning and mostly g+ in the afternoon. It rained off and on all afternoon and evening so then waits just got really weird with a lot of indoor rides getting huge lines and people just kept filing in to get out of the rain.

3 Likes

For example, looking at the wait times now (3:15 pm)…
Slinky is 65m and TSM is 115
Big Thunder is 35, SDMT is 85, and HM is 70

2 Likes