The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

You can make your first Genie+ booking at 7am. ILLs can be booked at official park opening time for off site guests.

4 Likes

Have a little logic problem to work through and need some bright minds. Iā€™ll call my party A, B, C, and D. Looking for best strategy for RnRC and ToT given that A wants to skip RnRC and B wants to skip ToT (Seriosuly B, whatā€™s wrong with you?)

My first thought to be most efficient is to try and line up overlapping LLā€™s for the whole party for both rides, and then:

1. A and C ride ToT while B and D ride RnRC.
  2. A and B switch MBā€™s, A and D ride ToT while B and C ride RnRC.

Is there a specific point in the day where setting this up would be optimal, with one booked a few hrs ahead of time and the other with a drop perhaps? Am I overthinking and this strategy is not even worth it because it would disproportionally take away opportunity for other LLā€™s? Thanks.

3 Likes

I like it! That is very creative and I donā€™t know I ever would have thought to do it.

I always think ToT and RnRC are good for RD, but with this kind of configuration you would burn a lot of precious morning time, so I would do it in the afternoon when you will likely get your LL return times anyway.

As far as lining up your return times, I would hope for a Golden Ticket. That is going to be tricky to do! But not impossible.

6 Likes

I was monitoring returns all summer but stopped in September as I knew it wouldnā€™t be the norm. Summer looked good but it looks worse now actually. Any clue why?

4 Likes

Hmmm I havenā€™t been watching but fall (starting in October) can get busy due to Halloween crowds, holidays, and school breaks, as well as the lack of AP blackouts.

2 Likes

I asked Becky in her latest blog post about the data dump and she said it does seem like itā€™s trending to be busier than summer right now so they would make sense but unexpected.

3 Likes

This is a more common phenomenon at DLR, but rather famously summers have been less busy compared to the ā€œoff seasonā€ because of trends in crowd behaviors (trying to go during the off season), nicer weather, and AP black outs. WDW will always be more affected by school holiday / vacation schedules I think, since itā€™s more of a ā€œdestination.ā€

3 Likes

Iā€™ve noticed this too. I donā€™t have a theory as to why.

4 Likes

I mean our schools were closed yet for Yom Kippur and again on Monday for Columbus/Indigenous Peopleā€™s Day so you you could have 6 days and only miss 2 days of school. Not sure if this is a huge factor.

5 Likes

I agree. We love to go in the fall for all the reasons you mentioned. Mid Oct always seems to be more busy. Even the end of Sepetmber pre covid was getting busier. We would stay for our anniversary and def noticed to uptick year to year. Aso wonder if many people delayed thier trip because of the hurricane. Pushing some extra folks into the this week that wouldnt had been there otherwise?

2 Likes

Funny ā€¦ I was thinking the same thing this morning that some areas may have had/have multiple days off of school so that could explain some of the uptick in attendance.

4 Likes

How long would the waits in the ToT and RnRC LL queues likely be in mid afternoon at the peak of SB waits? Is it somewhat constant throughout the day or a percentage of the SB wait at the time?

I ask because that might be a time of my day with tight time windows and needing to get to an ADR, so I want to find out if both LL drops in the afternoon for ToT are still viable paths, or if I need to give up on one and only build around the other.

3 Likes

LL queue waits have been around 5-10 minutes average. Iā€™d say 15 max, even at peak time. They were a little higher earlier in the year, but it appears this is one of the things Disney improved to help with G+ satisfaction.

7 Likes

Iā€™m sorry if this is repetitive. I have searched but I have not found the answer to my quandary, and tried multiple word combinations.
We are locked in on the G+, so I will not need to purchase the day of, I am trying to sort out the best steps for booking the ILL and LL.
At 7am, do I book LL first and then go for ILL? Or the opposite?
In additionā€¦
My DH is thinking we should aim for later afternoon and evening LL, book early day ILL, RD and fill in with LL while following the 120 min rule after parks open.

4 Likes

Depends on the LL and ILL. I would lean to ILL first since you want it earlier in the day.

3 Likes

Thank you!!

3 Likes

I assume you are staying onsite.

For offsite itā€™s an easy decision, book G+ LL first at 7am, bc offsite can only book $ILL at park open.

3 Likes

Does anyone know what the current grace times are?

3 Likes

Chat is reporting 119 minutes after (usually). Officially I believe it is 5 before, 15 after. There is a lot of discussion about ILLs with most people saying it is up to the 119 but most people donā€™t test that.

5 Likes

We were 25 minutes late for G+ in August and still turned green.

4 Likes