The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Dec. 4 through 12.

3 Likes

Ah okay - thats slow season. For busy season last year here was how my booking went for a late entry (Dec 27) (and we hopped to Epcot for late hours)

7:00 ROTR 4:45to 5:45
7:00 SDD 5:45 to 6:45
10:30 MMRR 4:05 to 5:05
12:30 TSMM 5:15 to 6:15
2:30 Soarin 7;30 to 8:30
4:30 ASS 6:20 to 7:20

4 Likes

This is why I wanted to do this M&G. It’s the only one we did for our trip that was just DH and me. It was because it was Mickey and Minnie together AND they are wearing their awesome 50th Anniversary outfits. I couldn’t miss out on that!

3 Likes

I mean, even on a Wednesday in September, using BG1 right at 7am I still got 12:40pm for meeting Mickey & Minnie this week. It was indeed a tough one to get, and the standby line was 2 hours when we went.

I was disappointed that Mickey doesn’t talk anymore, though. I haven’t done that one since about 2016, so I don’t know when that changed.

3 Likes

I used BG1 to get a LL for it and scored 9-10am. It worked out great for us! Used it and then booked another LL. Rinse and repeat.

2 Likes

Mickey was not talking when we visited MK in 2018 so he stopped sometime between 2016 and fall 2018.

3 Likes

May of 2018 was when he stopped talking.

https://themeparkuniversity.com/disney/what-happened-to-talking-mickey/

5 Likes

“What happened to talking Mickey? We think it comes down to time spent waiting in line versus the reward of the interaction itself. If your party wasn’t lucky enough to snag a FastPass, wait times were often 45 minutes at the minimum and could reach up to 90 minutes or more during peak season. That’s just as long, if not longer, than what you would wait for an E-ticket attraction.”

Well that didn’t age well. I found that the time spent with Mickey and Minnie per group was far longer than it used to be. One family must have taken 50 different posed photos… one of child A with just Mickey, then with just Minnie, then with both. Move on to child B. Then repeat with dad, then with mom, then with both kids, then with mom and child A, then mom and child B, then mom and both kids, then grandma and the kids, then grandma and mom, then more with just mom, then the whole family, then mom and dad.

4 Likes

Wow. They really should cap that. No wonder the line is so long.

5 Likes

I feel like having the photopass photographer there just naturally helped with that, to a degree.

5 Likes

Yes. I waited 25 minutes with FPP in 2019 for the AK Adventures Outpost. People really take their time.

4 Likes

I don’t mind if people take their time. But Disney really should add another Mickey or 2 or 3 if they’re going to allow that. I know characters aren’t cheap, but it’s gotta be pretty economical compared to a ride.

6 Likes

What?! :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Mickey’s little helper? :innocent:

3 Likes

That’s what Minnie calls it.

2 Likes

They’re still dealing with labor shortages, but in principle I agree.

5 Likes

This is no longer true, correct?

3 Likes

No longer true for WDW. I’ll fix it - thanks for the tip!

5 Likes

Thanks for compiling this!

3 Likes

Thank you for this super helpful resource. I do have a question, which I am sure has been answered a million times, but I am confused as have read various things… I am staying off site, so what is the first time that I can make my first G+ booking at? Is it the same time for LL too? Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes