The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

It appears to be that way. I’m going to note in the lead post that it is a possibility. I would rather people not rely on the 90 minutes and not have it!

5 Likes

Chat reports are that <90 minutes late results in a green tap-in. Later than that sometimes results in a blue tap-in and CM involvement. @Jeff_AZ I agree with being cautious about this as it could disappear at any time.

7 Likes

Big Genie+ News from Scott Gustin on Twitter. He is a highly reliable Theme Park reporter.

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1554823687471251456?s=21&t=TUgm_jC94tmDqDF7TlWNTQ

https://twitter.com/scottgustin/status/1554824049313955841?s=21&t=TUgm_jC94tmDqDF7TlWNTQ

11 Likes

Thanks for the info and makes sense.

3 Likes

That’s good because TP doesn’t have to redo all their blog articles now!

4 Likes

My in laws just got back and had never been before so they don’t know about FPP system and went on about how great Genie+ was. They used it a lot. They did have a TP subscription but we’re never on the forum and chat and got their info from Facebook so they didn’t know about BG1 or drops. But good to know they thought it was a good system. It’s all perspective really. And you get the hang of it.

5 Likes

It would have been incredibly stupid not to do this.

6 Likes

I just quickly updated the lead post to remove my cautionary language about potential changes on August 7th. Hopefully they don’t change their minds! :joy:

9 Likes

I read somewhere that RT were visible after 7:15 today on tip board. Can anyone confirm this?

3 Likes

Excellent news!! :star_struck:

3 Likes

I’ve seen reports of new videos by Disney about Genie+. There are six videos on the web page and MDE app.

What Is Disney Genie Service?
Using Tip Board and My Day
What Are Lightning Lane Entrances?
Lightning Lane Entry: Purchasing Individually
Lightning Lane Entry with Genie+ Service
Unlock Even More Magic with Genie+ Service

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/genie/get-started/

4 Likes

The one Genie+ video does the preemptive CYA bit: “On average, guests enter about two to three attractions or experiences per day using the Lightning Lane entrance if you make your first selection early in the day.”

I know they just started saying that so when people go to Guest Relations to complain they can be like, “hey, we said you might only get two”, but still. I really hope the average number of LLs “if you make your first selection early in the day” is not 2.5.

5 Likes

It isn’t. Especially when you use a certain alternative to MDE. :wink:

Savvy users can easily get at least 5-6 good attractions. My best day I got about 10 or so one day when I was there (involved stacking for MK in the evening after getting several at DHS early in the day). I don’t remember it exactly but I think it went something like this (can’t remember exact order).

Slinky
MFSR
MMRR
TSM
Star Tours

Break

BTMR
HM
PotC
Buzz
IaSW
Space

Add in ToT at rope drop with ETPE and ILLs for Rise and 7DMT and that was 14 attractions that day with minimal waits.

7 Likes

Alright— finally feel Like it’s time to learn this! Fall Trip, so Hopefully not to much changes. After reading through I just want to make sure I understand a few things.

My first day I’ll be traveling so I plan on stacking in the afternoon.

First question can I stack in two parks? Planning a fun travel around (part of)the world afternoon. MK and then monorail to a Epcot.

So I’ll be able to reserve at 7, 11, and then 1?

Last question, from reading it sounds like I want to tap into my last made reservations first? So make my 1pm for the soonest attraction I can get?

2 Likes

That’s the way I’d do it, unless there was a ll for a ride I wanted that was near to selling out.

2 Likes

Thanks!!!

4 Likes

Yes. You can stack in your first reserved park for times before 2pm, but you can just wait till later return times are showing if you want.

Whichever park your first LL is in will determine when your 2-hour clock starts. So choose the park with the earlier official opening, not the park you have a reservation for or the first one you are going to.

Not a bad idea, but it may be more advantageous to book a better attraction even if you have to wait and use the 2-hour rule.

3 Likes

I didn’t know this!! Thank you!!

2 Likes

A chat user reported being 3 hours late to their SDD tap-in and being denied. Definitely want to be cautious about pushing the late tap-in thing.

4 Likes

SDD is ILL, right? I haven’t heard anything about ILLs being flexible on timing. I would definitely show up within the window for those regardless.

Edit: I realized we are talking about SDD, which my brain interpreted as 7DMT. :rofl: Disregard.

Still, 3 hours is a lot more than 90 minutes!

4 Likes