The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

No, SDD is G+. Although arguably it would have made a better 2nd ILL than MMRR at one time.

3 Likes

That is pro-level G+ use. Nice work.

8 Likes

Virtual Queues are the only things I have heard them being flexible with because you have absolutely no control over when they call your boarding group.

With LL and ILL you have some say in what time you choose, so you can either arrange it around your ADRs or you can choose stand-by or looking for a LL/ILL at another time. So I can see why they would not be flexible with your line entry time there. You made the choice to book it around the same time as other plans.

Some people have reported getting times changed at “blue umbrellas” but that is not really how the system was designed.

2 Likes

You have some say which time you click on but that’s frequently not the time you get. But there are definitely lots of reports from liners of being allowed in late with a green tap in, not even just at the CM’s discretion.

4 Likes

You have the choice to cancel it and wait stand-by or try for another time that doesn’t conflict with an ADR.

This is the only place I have seen people have reported being allowed in late for a LL/ILL. Other forum boards and groups on FB it has been a hard no unless it was a VQ.

Bottom line, do not count on being allowed in late for a LL/ILL.

3 Likes

Sometimes it’s about the way you do it. People used to report al the time not being allowed in during their 15 min grace period for FPP, and it would turn out they had walked up and told the CM they were late and the CM had just said they couldn’t ride - when if they had tapped it would have been green.

I do agree you shouldn’t build your plans around being late, because there is always a chance you won’t be let in.

4 Likes

I report the grace periods (confirmed 5 before, 15 after; lately appears to have been extended to 90 after) so people can be aware, but I highly recommend going during the stated window if at all possible because you just never know when protocols will be changed or if you’ll get a gruff CM.

Only use the grace periods when you are unexpectedly detained or if you don’t mind missing the attraction. In an exigency, it’s always worth a try tapping in or talking to a CM.

8 Likes

Alternative take: I always counted on the grace period (5 before/15 after) when planning out my LLs. Never had an issue, it always turned green. It’s very helpful to think of an LL window as 80 minutes rather than 60 when mapping out a day.

If the official grace is indeed 90 minutes, that’s a huge game changer. Also, I trust reports from Liners over reports from any other forum, especially when there are multiple reports or reports from trusted people.

I also think Disney is more willing to let people in with LLs because of the massive amount of complaints they’ve had with the system and the number of refunds they’ve given (which has reportedly been very high). So they want happy Genie+ customers, so they are more willing to extend the window (as opposed to with FP+ where it was free), except maybe at certain attractions like Slinky.

5 Likes

For sure, I do. But I don’t recommend other people do it! :joy: It’s a huge weight to be giving people advice.

7 Likes

7 Likes

We have been late for most of ours, many in the time between the end of the 15 min grace period, and 90 minutes later. Always turn green. It’s been great!

4 Likes

I believe the reports are so consistent that @popupcamper has been adding them to the liner sheet?

There is a BIG difference between CMs unofficially allowing guests to enter past the window and scanning in and getting a green light 60 minutes past the end of the window.

Honestly, I know it also has been reported on a few forums but other forums most likely don’t have members that test every single limit and system.

How many forums have reported the impact of an anytime return pass to other LLs?

7 Likes

Yes, we have consistent reporting. But I worry about sticking my neck out and fully endorsing because it could change at any moment - it’s not officially listed on any of the literature. And 90 minutes is a long time - not just 15 minutes where most people would reasonably think that’s “close enough.”

In any case, this is the way I report it, so everyone who reads this page has access to the same information:

I am open to changing or tweaking this verbiage, particularly as more time has passed, more sources report, etc. and if it appears to be a “permanent” change of policy.

4 Likes

I deleted my data when I realized we weren’t in la cava. Probably unnecessary but I’m trying to keep it quiet.

5 Likes

Sorry about that. I hope you’re ok with what I have posted. I kept it very vague (no source) and I honestly don’t think this page gets that much traffic.

3 Likes

No worries, I was just getting very specific, and since it’s Google searchable it makes me nervous. But I definitely like sharing info among other users.

2 Likes

I am going to repeat my observation that not only is it reported every single day on chat (public access to all), it has been reported on other forums and CMs have repeated to guests “it is 90 minutes”.

My main point, confirmed by @popupcamper ’s deleted post (such great info should not be lost), is that this forum, or liners, are not the only ones reportIng this. I might be mistaken but when I read comments that information (such as this) is only reported here, I read suspicion regarding the content.

2 Likes

I hadn’t heard this part. That is good to know.

2 Likes

im very chatty with strangers and have a good track record of getting info and stuff(i always find it weird when other people are gruff with servers and hotel staff etc im always nice and interested in them and it usually works out well.

Ill definitely be asking direct questions on the rules :smiley:

4 Likes

They lie. Seriously. They will tell you absolute falsehoods sometimes! But please report back what you hear!

5 Likes