The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

We RD TT and did our BG1 and MS and our ILL and Club Cool and Soarin and things on that side before we went to WS

So many drops at EP it helped.

5 Likes

I suspect it depends on the park. I would guess not much impact in terms of G+ purchases at HS or MK since there were already so many popular G+ options, but it wouldn’t surprise me if Epcot G+ purchases went up substantially with Remy moving from ILL to G+ because Epcot has so few popular G+ attractions (increasing from 2 popular G+ attractions to 3 is a large percentage increase).

5 Likes

Yeah that’s probably true.

3 Likes

I’ve not seen data on this.

This might be another reason to use BG1 - I understand that the 2nd time it shows you, after the initial click, is locked and will not change.

6 Likes

I will add that the only reason I feel on the fence is because I’m seeing the options now and how G+ is working. Had I no knowledge of the attraction movements between ILL and G+ I would probably happily just purchase G+. I think there are a lot of people who aren’t following any of these developments and will just go with the flow.

4 Likes

Nice. I’m going to have to check it out then.

3 Likes

This is what Becky G. believes based on her blog post today (this was discussed elsewhere on the forum as well) - see the bolded part specifically:

• My original hypothesis upon the introduction of Remy would be that it would relieve some of the demand for Frozen Ever After first thing in the morning. Families with young kids would have to choose between the two, while other party types would probably be more tempted to opt for Test Track instead. And that the overall additional reservation capacity from the addition of Remy would help availability throughout the park, at least a little. But that’s not what is happening AT ALL.
  • Instead, the immediate crush of demand for Remy has totally cancelled out its additional supply. Return times and average sell-out times for Frozen Ever After and Test Track on medium and high crowd level days are completely unchanged. If anything, Frozen sells out earlier on high crowd days than it did Pre-Remy. And on low crowd days, instead of everything being available almost all day (Test Track was selling out around 2 pm), now Test Track and Frozen are both sold out by 11 am most days.
  • The addition of Remy to the Genie+ line-up has changed the math on the value of its purchase at Genie+ at EPCOT, and enough people recognize that to very much increase demand.
9 Likes

I think there’s another factor as well: the launch of GotG brings increased foot traffic to Epcot, and a percentage of those folks will buy G+.

10 Likes

On my trip, once I clicked into a LL time with BG1 (or refreshed it) I never had it be a different time once I hit confirm.

Contrast that to using MDE to buy ILLs - 2 out of the 3 times I selected a time and confirmed that time on the confirmation screen and hit purchase, it gave me a completely different time. One time it was several hours away. Note that going to a blue umbrella resolved the issue.

9 Likes

It did happen to me twice that I noticed, but was 5 mins once and 10 mins the other.

5 Likes

What time did you get your preferred later return time? I will be aiming for after 3:00, so I was just curious how long I should wait past 7 AM.

3 Likes

I just kept refreshing. 1-2 minutes.

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming.

Do you (or anyone) know if MDE displays a time at any point in the G+ booking process after the initial click?

My hunch is that MDE locks the time after the initial click too, but if it doesn’t tell you what it is until after you complete the booking, it’s not much use.

3 Likes

The flow is…

• Tipboard Screen – You see a time you like and click it
  • Guests Screen – You select the people that are eligible, click continue
  • Offer Screen – The app sends the attraction you want and guests you want. You are shown an offer for the time that is available “now” (could be different from TipBoard click). It is yours if you want it at this point. Two paths… 1) You click continue and claim the offer, it’s assigned to you+guests 2) The offer expires in 10 minutes if you don’t click continue
  • Confirmation Screen – Success! Shows the time window and guests.
4 Likes

Welcome!

Thanks for the info.

Question - have you tested that the offered return time expires after 10 minutes?

3 Likes

Len mentioned it in the podcast several months ago; I believe that’s why you often see a bounce in times shortly after the 07:00 rush. Within the past week I don’t see data to prove out exactly the “10 minute” rule, but maybe if you kind of squint real hard. For example on Slinky…

2022-07-08 – Bounced to 10:45 return time at 07:19
2022-07-09 – Bounced to 11:55 return time at 07:10
2022-07-10 – Bounced to 10:25 return time at 07:08
2022-07-11 – No bounce
2022-07-12 – Bounced to 10:35 return time at 07:08
2022-07-13 – Bounced to 08:30 return time at 07:05, bounced to 10:10 return time at 07:06
2022-07-14 – Bounced to 11:20 return time at 07:02

All of these are “blink and you’ll miss 'em” offers. They disappear VERY quickly.

2 Likes

New third-party WDW app looking for beta testers

@standbyskipper Is this you?

2 Likes

3 Likes

There was a reddit thread on this a while back but I was skeptical of it… I doubt there will be many people who balk at completing a G+ booking in significant numbers.

3 Likes

It was really bad earlier in the year when the crowds were insane (you’d see lots of bounces). I think of it as an ouroboros: a thundering herd makes MDE act poorly, people can’t complete it (either by frustration or not able to), the offer goes back in the pool, rinse-repeat.

2 Likes