The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Ah. I thought they had said early on that there would be no more than 2 ILLs per park, so if they did revert some of them, either Frozen or Remy will remain LL - I don’t see them taking Guardians off of ILL.

4 Likes

My personal opinion is that this is CYA language and that they will leave them as Genie+, or at least keep either FEA or Remy as G+ (probably FEA) to avoid having (Edit) more than 2 per park. But they can do whatever they want, so we’ll have to wait and see, I guess!

6 Likes

My bet is that Disney will keep the former $ILL’s as G+ rides after August 7th.

Word is that the biggest G+ survey complaint is lack of availability so I don’t see them reducing the G+ rides in the near future. Their actions earlier this year suggest they are prioritizing G+ over $ILL, when Remy went to G+ after GotG launched, and bringing back the the holiday deal when SM, EE, MMRR, and FEA were moved from $ILL to G+.

6 Likes

I hope that’s the case. We are going at the end of August, and currently only considering G+ for MK and HS as it is. If they move options to ILL, it makes me less inclined to get G+ and definitely not paying for ILL. So they get zero extra $ from me if they do that, ha.

5 Likes

This is why WDW moving rides from ILL to G+ may not help solve the lack of availability issue. If more people purchase G+ because of the increased quality of the G+ options with the switch of certain rides from ILL to G+, then LL availability may not increase as much as expected. I wonder if LL availability complaints have decreased since the change.

5 Likes

Possible, but I guess it’s just a matter of how many people are in that bucket. I would guess not that many, TBH. Most people either buy neither or already were buying either G+ or both G+ and ILL. The group buying ILL only was probably relatively small, and most in the group buying neither will probably not be swayed by just one more ride.

4 Likes

My stupid brain is not grasping the concept of certain Stacking Situations.

So with this screenshot,

Remy is available at 8PM, but just about everything else is available in the morning… If I book Remy right now (at 8:30AM) (Which the park opened at 8:00 for Early Entry), can I continue to book and tap into attractions (one after the other, no other stacking involved) as often as possible until the reservations start falling into the 6PM+ hour? Or can I continue to book right up to 8PM? Or am I stuck with 1 every 2 hours until 8PM?

And then once I tap into Remy at 8PM, it all goes back to the normal “book and tap” (assuming anything is left for the day)?

2 Likes

Stacking works best, I believe, when you do so for the PM.

If you book Remy right now, you have to wait two hours. Had you done so at 7AM you could start booking two hours after official open. If it was EE at 8:00 I presume offical open is 8:30AM, so you can get your next one at 10:30AM.

Your next one will depend somewhat on what time you get your second one for. If you get it for something that will be used quickly, you will be able to grab the next one after you tap into the second tap for that one. Otherwise, you will have to wail two hours to book the next, regardless of what the return time might be.

The “6:00PM hour” shouldn’t mean anything in particular…

Personally, I wouldn’t pick for my first one to be 8PM. Unless you don’t plan to arrive until late morning when you could have picked up something else.

Edited because I missed that it was NOT 7 AM at screen shot

5 Likes

You would have been able to pick something up at 7AM, vs 8:29AM, so you would have had a little more control on when Remy fell.

4 Likes

I don’t want to stack anything more than 1 if I can avoid it. Because it’s going to make this even more annoyingly complicated. I just don’t want to risk missing a popular ride by hoping it’s available throughout the day, so I wanted to simply lock it in asap.

When does the 2 hour restriction kick in after I start churning through rides? I understand the “wait 2 hours after initial start” part, but after that first choice (that would be the later-hour one), the intention is to just hit them in succession one after another.

Right, the timing is just me currently trying to work it out here at home. When on property, 7AM will be when I make the first go at it. But it’s not so much what I’m after or the start timing of it but rather understanding the time tables of the rides where I’m forced to choose a later-in-the-day reservation and it’s impact on the rest of the day where I intended to just rapid-fire through them.

3 Likes

I hear you. It was hard for me to wrap my mind around til I used it.

It’s so weird.

The two hours will alway be a problem unless you discharge a later picked up one.

So if you grab Remy at 7AM for 7:15PM.
Obviously, you can’t use that until 7:15 PM.

But let’s say the park has a complete opening at 8:30 AM. That means your second selection will be made at 10:30 AM. If at that time you choose something else that will be multiple hours away, say Soarin at 6:15 PM, you are still locked into the two hour window. You will not be able to pick up another ride until 12:30 PM.

Alternatively, if at 10:30 AM you pick up a ride for something that you can tap into at 10:31 AM, like Nemo, you will then be able to pick up another lightning lane as soon as you hit the second tap of Nemo.

5 Likes

The 2 hour either/or situation ONLY applies to the most recent LL you booked. So it really doesn’t matter what time the first LL is booked for bc most likely it will be redeemed past the 2 hours after opening if it’s a major attraction. So you book Remy for 8pm at 7am. The park opens at 9 so you book your second LL at 11. If that one is for 11:05 you can use and immediately book another. If LL2 has a return of any time after 1pm you have to wait those 2 hours.

Eta: so if you want to be able to book back to back to back you should always choose whatever is available with a return time within 2 hours from when you are booking.

7 Likes

My plan, which came from the reports and suggestions of many liners, was to grab Remy at 7AM for 5PM and RD a few things. At 10:30 I still had multiple things to pick up and a lot of day left to do it.

Epcot has a lot of drops.

I feel like each park requires a different technique.

5 Likes

Fyi, both on property and off property guests can make their 1st G+ selections at 7am. Only for $ILL do on property guests have an advantage.

5 Likes

oh ok. So as long as i don’t “schedule” anything out beyond “next up” (meaning no other stacking beyond that first “later-hour-choice”), the 2 hour window only affects me at the initial start. After that, I can just keep picking up LLs as I can go through them.

Thanks!

gotcha.

6 Likes

Yup that’s pretty much it.

4 Likes

I know they don’t hold your time for LLs. So when I see a return time how much later will that time be by the time I check out, especially in the morning?

3 Likes

Even with BG1, you weren’t able to secure a 7:00 am Remy LL for early than 5:00 pm?

3 Likes

I kept refreshing until we got one for that time. I didn’t want to be in WS too early. I wanted to limit crossing back and forth.

5 Likes

Soooo lazy :slight_smile:

I kid … we did the crossing back and forth while DW and I each pushed a stroller. Perhaps we weren’t as focused on walking time as we should have been.

3 Likes