The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Yes, the tap loophole was fixed.

Read the first post in this thread. I keep it updated with the latest rules and tips. There are other threads as well such as the Genie+ Drop Time (pinned) thread in the La Cava section of the forum.

Good luck!

6 Likes

This is concerning. Our GOTG preview is this coming Monday May 16 at 4:00pm. Before we even knew that would be the preview day for us, we had planned a day at Hollywood Studios. So as of now we were going to get G+ and ILL ROTR at Hollywood Studios that morning before hopping to Epcot. Are you telling me when I try to book Slinky and ROTR at 7am that morning, everything is going to default to 2:00pm and I will be at the mercy of guest relations in the morning to change them to earlier time slots (and thus losing valuable rope drop time?)

2 Likes

Yes, unfortunately.

2 Likes

Could you just cancel the Epcot res since you won’t be going until after 2 anyway? That way it wouldn’t conflict?

2 Likes

I posted in a new thread but throwing it in here since this gets a lot of views…

I heard a rumor that there are changes coming to Genie+ at WDW (possibly something similar to paris)…Is there any truth to this?

Please tell me it’s true!

3 Likes

The Paris thing was mentioned. I don’t know if it was popular, I know I don’t want it. I would like to see changes made to Genie+. The main ones would be ability to add it to individual days ahead of your trip - I bought for all days because I could imagine wrestling with MDE at 6.30am and it wasn’t appealing, and being able to prebook at least one for every day you had it, before your trip starts.

3 Likes

I have heard changed are coming but not what they have in Paris. But I’d also expect a price increase to be part of the changes.

I also suspect based on others’ comments that there will be changes that give resort guests more of an advantage.

6 Likes

There no option to cancel the Epcot reservation that they added to my account. I suppose I could call and ask but I’m also worried that the res is tied to the GOTG preview and wouldn’t want to mess that up either.

2 Likes

I think you’re right it would be risky to remove your Epcot reservation. Just book what you can on the morning of, and if the 2pm thing happens, visit a GS umbrella. If you find one that isn’t busy (I’ve generally been able to find one with no wait in the morning), it should take 3 minutes and you’ll be on your way to a morning LL reservation.

3 Likes

So just go ahead and book at 7am ROTR and Slinky and if both only settle for 2pm, hope the blue umbrella folks can move them to earlier morning passes?

2 Likes

Yes.

2 Likes

We are leaving AK and hopping to Epcot this evening. I was under the impression that if I set up my Genie day for hopping to Epcot after AK that the tip board would only show me availability after 2 PM. It is showing me earlier times. I stopped at Guest Relations on the way out of AK and a CM told me it will only show me the next available time, even if I am hopping. So I clicked on an attraction that had a return time before 2PM, and it came back with a 2PM to 3PM window to book. Just thought I would share here because this is a little different than what I expected.

5 Likes

Yes that is correct. Genie+ will always show you the next available time. If you are hopping, the next available time after 2pm will populate only after you click on the attraction. Note that this will not always be 2-3pm, but if there is still availability before 2pm, it likely will be.

6 Likes

I updated the lead post to remove Mickey and Minnie meet and greet from HS Genie+. Olaf M&G is still available as a Genie+ selection.

7 Likes

If you can’t purchase G+ from the tip board, go through the AR

9 Likes

That’s a great tip!

5 Likes

GREAT tip to share, thank you! I have been reading more and more people having issues, and it’s got me a little nervous. I will save this info for July just incase!

3 Likes

Question: if I book a G+ (not ILL) and don’t show, can I book it again later?

2 Likes

No. A no show is the same as using it. If you want to get that same LL again later, be sure to cancel it. That said, I’d talk to GS to see if they can modify an expired one if you have a good excuse. Or see if the CM at the attraction is forgiving (likely won’t work for super headliners).

6 Likes

Thank you!! I forgot about canceling it.

3 Likes