The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

Big news: Remy is moving to Genie+ from ILL on May 31st through at least August 7th. My guess is it will never go back to ILL, but we’ll see. I have updated the lead post accordingly. This could cause some interesting dynamics and makes Genie+ a little more worth it at Epcot.

14 Likes

So do you think they will just have one ILL per park moving forward? (Guardians for Epcot)

2 Likes

I think they will move in that direction. They will always leave it open to have 2 in a park if needed, but my guess is that there will usually just be one.

4 Likes

Has anyone used LL on FOF parade at MK. Does it save a lot of time waiting for a spot, is the view worth the use of LL? Last year they didn’t have parades when I went so I’d like for my 2 boys to see it this year.
Thanks

2 Likes

Interesting. I’d think there just hasn’t been as much demand for Remy’s as a ILL (read revenue) so maybe moving it to + increases the more folks using plus there?

5 Likes

I’m guessing Disney is learning that, while they can indeed squeeze blood out of this particular turnip, Genie+ and a single ILL is the absolute limit for most people.

8 Likes

This one kind of surprised me since it’s such a new ride. But I think they’re probably trying to beef up G+ sales at Epcot, and they know they’ll sell out of ILL for Cosmic Rewind.

But this does change my Epcot touring strategy…

6 Likes

We were just there. The park opened at 8 for resort guests. We rolled in around 8:30 and the line stretched all the way to the end of the UK pavilion where it meets Canada.

I’m really surprised they would make this change so soon.

I guess they are going to add GOTG as the ILL instead of Remy.

4 Likes

I suspect you’re right - they are quietly trying to improve the G+ value prop.

5 Likes

Yep, they’ve announced that as well.

5 Likes

But that won’t start until May 31. From May 27-30, Remy and GOTG are both ILL.

3 Likes

Here’s today’s latest Genie update :roll_eyes: :man_shrugging:

No more G+ presales??? Seems like they’d make more getting people to add it to their length of stay as opposed to choosing al carte.

5 Likes

Two things that I think are both true:

1. they are going to raise the price over time so they don’t want people to be locked in
  2. they want fewer people to buy Genie+ so that its benefits are better and so it doesn’t impact standby as much
6 Likes

I really hope so! I know that may sound odd to ask for higher prices. However, I’ve never had to buy a Universal Express Pass because they limit sales & charge on a demand based system. This means traditional queues move “normally”. (I know I’m not telling you anything new!)

I really think G+ should be $150 / person per day at least. (and maybe limited to only one park per sale… If you buy it you are committing to that park that day. Or maybe they have to wait until 2pm or later to pick passes at a second park. idk - just Blue Skying ideas!)

4 Likes

I agree with you. The fewer who use G+ the better for everyone else.

4 Likes

If they were going to charge that much, they would have to go full Universal and guarantee access to every ride. Not 2 or 3 that they tell you you will get at the moment.

9 Likes

I’m totally ok with that! It’s not impossible or even extremely difficult to implement. The majority of people “feel” like the must purchase G+ just to get on most rides. So they and most everyone else buy it. Then those queues are too full to accommodate more than the “guaranteed” 2 rides. At a dramatically higher price point you could offer “full access” because they will be limiting the sales and charging an exorbitant cost. (I understand that it has to be cheaper than a VIP tour…or charge more for those as well!)

3 Likes

Agreed.

I think another reason they’re not selling in advance is because they are changing the features and they don’t want people to buy something that they don’t know what the features will be. Bad business practice.

9 Likes

True.

3 Likes

My first thought was they are preparing to make changes.

5 Likes