The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

And you did not have any credit card issues with purchasing ILL’s?

3 Likes

Checked MDE to see about adding either park hopper or an additional park day for DH and I and noticed that if I make any changes (including adding G+), I’ll have to pay the $15 that my tickets have gone up since then. Super dumb. Guess I’ll be buying G+ every morning.

1 Like

Yeah, this happened to us on our last trip. Originally, I bought discounted tickets from Tripster, but then when I went to add Genie+, I had to pay the difference between the WDW price that I would have paid (if I had bought directly from WDW) and the new price. I just ate the extra cost though for the convenience. It made purchasing Genie more expensive than $15/day though.

5 Likes

Thank you for this info!

4 Likes

Jumping on to learn all the things.

Are the videos on the first entry still relevant if I start there?

Thank you.

3 Likes

I would read the first post but let me check the videos before you go there. Touring Plans has some that are good.

5 Likes

Don’t watch the videos in the links in the first post. Instead, check out this YouTube Playlist from Touring Plans. Watch 101 first.

6 Likes

The ones I have pulled up are TP. But older…

3 Likes

Yeah don’t watch anything older than 3 months.

7 Likes

With wait times decreasing and LL availability increasing lately, that favors tap & go more than stacking.

4 Likes

Good point! It pays to pay attention to recent trends.

4 Likes

It sure does. I was testing my plan this weekend, and the availability was too good for my plan to work. Which is a good problem to have, but I don’t think it’s going to be that way when we are there in a few weeks. Kind of surprising, that availability, as I expected Mother’s Day to be busier.

2 Likes

If I am at AK (on a 7:30 AM opening day), booked Navi for my first G+ LL at 7:00 am, and will be hopping to HS after 2:00 pm (on a 8:30 am opening day) … then when is the earliest I can book (under the 2 hours after opening rule) my second G+ LL which I want for HS? 9:30 am (2 hours after AK opens) or 10:30 am (2 hours after HS opens)? I’m guessing the latter would make sense … but sometimes these G+ rules don’t makes sense.

3 Likes

I think it follows the “last action” rule. So when you go for your second LL at HS, your 3rd won’t be available until 2 hrs after park opening (which is now HS). If park opening has passes already, then it will be 2 hours after your LL booking or after you tap into that particular LL, whichever is first. You might do better if you can snag an LL at AK for something that is less than 1 hour from that current time, something you actually want to use and then make HS LL the 3rd of the day.

3 Likes

Just to clarify is would be 2 hrs after HS park opening in the scenario. I’m just speculating that the “last action” thing Genie plus is so crazy about is triggered when you switch parks.

3 Likes

In this case, you can book your 2nd LL 2 hours after park open of your 1st LL, or 930. See Post 1, Rules, section 5.

4 Likes

No, 2 hrs after opening time of the second LL.

3 Likes

The question asked was (emphasis added):

… and the answer to that is 930am. 2 hours after park open of the 1st LL.

I think perhaps you were trying to answer when can the 3rd LL be booked?

4 Likes

@drvillarejos is right. After park opening you can’t book another LL unless the park you are trying to book in has been open for 2 hours. So if you book your first LL in AK which opens at 7:30, then you’re correct that if you want to book your next LL at AK, you could book it at 9:30.

But if you wanted to book your second LL at DHS, which opens at 8:30, you couldn’t book it until 10:30, even though your first LL was at AK.

4 Likes

This is correct. The 2-hour rule is based off the park where the latest LL reservation was booked, including the park opening of that attraction’s park, if applicable.

3 Likes