The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

For our last trip we used park tickets, so I was able to add Genie+ in advance. This time we have to activate our AP’s because of the GOTG Preview. What will prompt me to buy it on the day of, and will that prompt be on my Home page of MDE or somewhere else? Can someone please explain the steps for dummies to add Genie+ on the day of? Thanks!

3 Likes

Not necessarily. I mean, using morning LLs is definitely the way to get the maximum count of LL reservations. But you will hit a point where they start to be practically worthless - for rides with no or little standby wait, or where the LL wait is the same as the standby. If you will be in MK or HS, afternoon stacking will usually get you just as many good ones, plus a few medium to worthless ones. Both strategies work.

5 Likes

We went for the absolute hardest to get First and the second hardest at 11.
So 11 am pick ups were:
Peter Pan 4:15pm (7am pick was for jungle cruise for 7pm)
Soarin 8pm (7am pick FEA at 12pm)
Splash Mountain 1pm (7am Space Mountain 9:30 am)
Toy story mania at 8pm (7am pick was slinky for 10:30)
Kilimanjaro Safari at 12:15 (7am pick was Navi river for 11am)

The week we went were around 4-5 crowd level so only the most in demand rides were not available later in the day. So when Frozen went down for 2 hrs during our return time we had to use the anywhere fast pass at another ride and no more fast passes appeared for the ride.

3 Likes

This is very helpful. Did you go by the priority order we have on this thread? On my DHS day, I will go for SDD first but Im not sure if my second should be MMRR or TSM. Planning to rope drop RnRc and TOT another day.

3 Likes

Good to know! Thank you :two_hearts:

3 Likes

Another question: I really want to avoid unnecessary walking. My last trip I was literally unable to stand or walk after 2 full days at the parks.

Do you think it’s realistic to try to stack LLs/or ride standby so that we can do all of the rides in one land before moving on (example: all of toy story land, fantasyland, maybe split Epcot Remy/ Fea when we use that back entrance, and other Epcot rides the day we use the front entrance), etc?

This may be an impossible question to answer, and I know TP could help… I guess I’m just curious how this is working in the G+ era.

4 Likes

It’s possible, but difficult. You will have to make some sacrifices and forego otherwise good options that don’t fit your schedule, or risk putting them close to the end of the day. For example, when I was there in March, I was able to do PP, HM, and BTMRR in a row with PotC, Swiss Family Treehouse, and dinner at Skippers Canteen in between, so I kept fully to the left side of the park all evening. I ended the night by crossing over to Tomorrowland and picking up a few rides on that side of the park with standby.

4 Likes

We did TSM because we rope dropped MMRR. 30 minute wait was probably only 25.

3 Likes

We had a half day for our first day so we decided to try and clear most of Fantasy land. Started stacking when our plane landed at 8am

• it was a long day with a 6am flight and I am fuzzy on the details but it went about like this*

8am-pick up jungle cruise 7pm
11am- Peter Pan for 4:15
1 pm- Haunted Mansion
3pm- I forgot to set the alarm LOL!
Got into the park and saw the castle show
Rode Philharmagic
Around 4- picked up small world for 30 minutes later
Did Journey of Little Mermaid (half hour line)
Haunted mansion broke down so we used it on Winnie the Pooh
Went to Peter Pan
Went to Small world
At this point we could have picked up another fast pass but DW was done
Watched enchanted Tiki Room
Rode Jungle Cruise
Ate at Peco Bills and left.

4 Likes

Not bad! :clap: :clap: Thank you

3 Likes

If I have park res at Epcot and plan to hop to HS in the late afternoon, is the following within the G+ rules (I know all subject to availability)? We are staying on-site and DW and I will be on our phones at 7:00 am to book. Epcot opens at 8:30 am.

7:00 am Book ILL for Rely
7:00 am Book ILL for Rise for early evening (Can I book an ILL at 7:00 am for a park I plan to hop to without a res?)
7:11 am Book LL for FEA
10:41 am Book LL for Soar’in
12:41 pm Book LL for MMRR or TSMM
2:41 pm Book LL for A2S

4 Likes

Yes. You can book your 2 ILL in different parks.

4 Likes

How is Remy these days, btw? Have people reported being able to ride standby during extra evening hours? I wasn’t quite planning to get ILLs, but if we decide to, do I have to get it a 7am?

(Sorry Dave, for hijacking your question)

4 Likes

Obviously it depends on crowd levels. Just checked now (2:50pm) and Remy ILL is available for immediate return (3pm) for $11. Standby line 30min.

I am going in June, not really planning to stress about getting Remy ILL at 7am, but maybe I’m wrong…

3 Likes

Yes, your plan follows the rules, unless I missed something. You can book an ILL for the park you are hopping to.

It’s doable. Keep checking for LL availability throughout the day, even if it’s not available when you first check (will probably be out by official park opening, or shortly thereafter, most days). Lately the average standby has been like 60 minutes. More data here.

7 Likes

If you are adding day by day, on the morning of (or after midnight the night before) go to “my genie day” and about halfway down or farther it will have a purple banner saying “take your day to the next level” :roll_eyes: click that and you will be able to purchase for yourself and anyone in your linked friends and family

7 Likes

Did you do this? Just wondering if it went smoothly for you?

3 Likes

Yes! It was really easy. Once you see the purple banner it’s fast. I did if for myself and my husband last week.

3 Likes

Did it just ask you if you wanted to charge it to your credit card on file?

3 Likes

Yes I have one stored in the app so it preselected that.

3 Likes