The Genie Thread! All WDW Info Here

I think I had a successful Genie Day. Only 3 hours in the park - 7-10 pm. Peter Pan, Space Mtn, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, Big Thunder. Got in line for 7DMT as Fireworks were starting - 15 min wait. Then finished the night with Little Mermaid & Haunted Mansion. I started stockpiling LL at 7 am (JC)…thankfully the stars aligned and the overlapping all worked out. We definitely used the grace period a couple times. Tomorrow is Epcot, so we are skipping Genie, but doing Early Entry. I should probably get some sleep.

14 Likes

Great job! That is some excellent stacking.

5 Likes

Impressive!

5 Likes

Can we use rider switch on an individually purchased lightning lane?

2 Likes

Yes you can.

4 Likes

I saw this question asked earlier in the thread (way earlier) about AP, but never saw the answer. I gave up reading the entire thread at post 1500. :grimacing:

I have complimentary tickets from a cancelled trip that I will be using for myself. Genie + cannot be added until midnight each night. My family has 8 day hoppers. I want to add Genie + to their tickets for the entire 8 days now. Will this cause any issues for my ticket when I try to add Genie + to mine the day of? I had heard there were some issues with adding it for AP if other members already had it on their regular ticket. Basically mixed ticket types and some with Genie + some without and then wanting to add for one more the day of. I hope this makes sense.

I just hate the idea of adding it day of for everyone, when I can just pay for it now and have the $511 out of the way and only have to pay and extra $15 (plus tax) each day on vacation. It will just help me budget more. Thanks for any help!

2 Likes

Wow! That is definitely a success.

2 Likes

I did read about someone having trouble purchasing Genie+ for their AP the morning of, and it happened regardless of whether the rest of the party already had Genie+, so I would go ahead and buy it for them. Hopefully things will work out, but if Disney IT freaks out, you can always go to Guest Services and explain what happened. That conversation will be a lot easier if your entire family has a LL except you and you just want to add yourself to their party.

2 Likes

Great! Thank you!

2 Likes

I have some questions and I apologize if they’ve been answered above but the thread is long.
So I will book Jungle Cruise at 7 am for 11 am-ish.
Then do I get my first one at 8:30 am since the park opens for resort guests then or 9?
And at 9 will it be possible to get a Peter Pan for 9:30 - 10 time?

Has anyone had luck with that? Or are they all gone?

The plan after that is just to get the next available ride for whatever is closest to us. I don’t want to criss-cross the parks. The crowd calendar says the day is a 4 but I don’t expect it to stay that way.

2 Likes

You can obtain your second LL two hours after regular park opening time or when you tap into your first LL.

So in your scenario, with a 9 AM park opening, you could get your second LL at 11 AM.
My inexpert perusal of Wait Times over the past week shows Peter Pan is getting rare (orange/red) at that point in the day and return times are around 5-6 pm.

4 Likes

If I’m looking for early morning return times, it seems that I should be booking my first LL at 7:17-ish.

Or is booking my ILL at 7:17-ish The Way?
(although I thought since they’re supposed to give you all the options when booking ILLs that drops wouldn’t yield better results)

3 Likes

I forgot it was two hours after park opening.

2 Likes

I am confused by your question. Are you talking about G+ LL reservations, or ILL’s?

4 Likes

I’m asking which I should be booking at 7:17

I had presumed that booking ILLs could be done at 7 AM and there was no point in waiting for a drop. But some of the posts seem to be challenging the presumption.

3 Likes

For our trip in early March, we booked our first G+ LL’s at 6:59:59 each day and waited until 7:17:30 to book our paid ILL’s, at which time we had pretty much all times available to us. We never waited for a later drop for an ILL. Not sure if this helps?

7 Likes

So at 7:17 there were ILL options that weren’t available at 6:59:59?

And did your first LLs have return times that were later in the day then?

3 Likes

Book your first ILL at 7:17am - there’s a drop at that time with a bunch of times throughout the day, including first thing in the morning.

Book your first regular LL at 7:08-7:11 (usually 7:11 but start watching before then). Morning times drop then.

6 Likes

Except when I’m looking for a late in the day LL, those should come up at 6:59:59… right?

3 Likes

Oh I missed that bit. If you are looking for late in the day, I’d keep refreshing between 7:00 and 7:15 until a time that works for you comes up. I think if you click at exactly 6:59:59 you may get morning times.

5 Likes