The Genie Thread! All DLR Info Here

Can LL’s now be modified at DL?

2 Likes

This is true. When you enter the monorail queue, there are turnstiles where you tap into Disneyland, same as the main gate. So you are considered inside the park the moment you tap in.

I don’t know of a recently updated summary of the differences, but if you read the first post in this thread, I try to call out in parentheses the rules that are different from WDW.

2 Likes

I don’t remember seeing this confirmed. But I assume they can be.

2 Likes

LLs in DL can be modified now. You now have to wait to book a LL for the other park until the return time is after 1. DL changed this a couple months ago.

3 Likes

Oh ok - thanks for confirming on both points!

2 Likes

:flushed: so glad I prepirchased it for Easter even thoughI wasn’t sure I was going to buy it everyday.

2 Likes

If I am reading it correctly, it sold out three days in a row and yesterday it was before 11;30an?

1 Like

I am trying to figire out the thinking that has this happening at DLR and not WDW. With so mcuh availability at DLR it seems like they can absorb more capacity? But maybe they are less willing to let it impact line waits there?

This also reminds me I need to watch LL distribtions today to get a sense for spring break.

3 Likes

If I had to wager a guess, I’d say the limit for DLR is lower than for WDW because there are fewer eligible attractions.

2 Likes

Does anyone know how high the G+ price got during the holidays? Planning a trip for next month and unsure if I want to include G+ in tickets or wait and buy certain mornings.

2 Likes

I think the highest recorded was $29.

Edit: sorry this was for WDW let me look up Disneyland.

1 Like

Here you go! The highest price has been $30. But since the holidays ended it has been at $25. (See the blue dots and the left axis.)

2 Likes

Excellent. Thanks! Looks like I’ll buy it on certain mornings. Not worth having on arrival day and I’d like to set aside another day to mostly focus on entertainment and overlooked attractions (Tom Sawyer Island, explorer canoes, etc).

2 Likes

Modifying a LL doesn’t affect the 2 hour timer for booking the next one, correct?

Also, are they on to the “book a down attraction” trick? I see TSMM is currently down and its G+ window is already 4pm. Everything else at DCA has almost immediate availability.

2 Likes

@Jeff_AZ FYI The info at the top of this thread hasn’t been updated for the new 11am park hopping change.

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me! I’ll update it.

1 Like

Yes to both questions. There are some situations where modifying has a slight impact on your rebook window but it’s usually favorable.

And I think locals are wise to the LL situation.

2 Likes

No problem. Have to look out for my fellow AZers.

2 Likes

is there anywhere that can give an estimate of Genie+ cost per person?
We are planning on visiting in Late June and trying to put the final budget together.

2 Likes

$25-$30. Probably $25.

3 Likes