The Genie Thread! All DLR Info Here

$30 today fyi

3 Likes

One important thing to point out here is that the multiple experiences will include some that don’t have LL normally. It’s basically like using DAS. The eligible experiences will vary based on which you held a LL for when it was unavaible. Last week we redeemed MEPs on Nemo, Astro Orbiter, Mr Toad, Storybook Canal Boats, and Casey Jr.

Also, unlike WDW these can be used at either park.

5 Likes

How do you k ow where to go to redeem? I am hoping to use an MEP startegy to get through some Fantasyland rides without rope dropping them!

2 Likes

I would advise you to go to the first CM at the entrance to the ride. They can tell you where to go. It’s different for every ride depending on the configuration of the queue. If there is no CM at the front, go to the exit since that is usually where the mobility access line goes.

3 Likes

What is the general rope drop and G+ strategy for both DCA and DL? Is it feasible to RD DCA and use them in rapid succession to get TSMM, IC, GRR, SOARIN, WS and GOTG done in a couple of hours?

Is there a strategy for DL to use them most efficiently?

4 Likes

A good rule of thumb to follow is to get as much as possible in before 9:30-10 AM, which is the universal time where most rides will break through that 60-minute wait time mark.

Graph of Matterhorn

Yeah! Here’s a table of how that would go on a sample day that I looked at. Assumes you book another LL the moment you tap in.

Time Ride LL Notes
8:05 GOTG 20 Generally starts at 20 min
8:30 WS 45 The millisecond you’ve tapped in this needs to be booked. Goes like hotcakes.
9:15 TSMM 40 Depends on how much LL availability Disney dishes out
10:00 IC 10
10:10 GRR ?? Usually <5 minutes (walk on), but sometimes Disney artificially increases the time for whatever reason (maintenance?)

Done by 10:30 if all goes to plan

5 Likes

Now with MMRR, which ILL should I prioritize?

2 Likes

Oh, wait, we can’t choose ILL slot… I suppose it doesn’t matter which one to prioritize. I need to get used to this low stress Disneyland planning.

2 Likes

To answer your question, in my experience RotR runs out earlier, but is still available for a few hours at least each day. RSR is usually available most of the day with return times not too far in the future. MMRR I’m not sure. I should really update the lead post for MMRR …

2 Likes

My tracking has MMRR ILL running about like RSR.

I’m trying to figure out if MMRR ILL skips the queue because I really want to see that.

For RSR we will give single rider a go.

These are my decision points - haven’t fully decided yet!

3 Likes

Oh yes, me too! I will see what I can find out. It’s not as easy to find Disneyland intel as it is for WDW.

3 Likes

If I am going tonwear my Potatoland shirt, I need to make sure I am going to see the Potatoland poster!

I’ll ask on a different trip report that had fantastic pictures of the queue.

3 Likes

I answered on my trip report but will here too. Yes, you’ll miss or zoom by a lot of the queue. My daughter and I commented that we wouldn’t want the ILL because the queue is so well done.

I don’t think I took a picture but I did see it. The posters are fantastic.

4 Likes

After being in DL this week, I’ll add a few thoughts here:

It’s still good to be at RD because unlike WDW, you have to be in the park to book your first LL. The one day we didn’t book early was the one day that didn’t go very well with Genie +

I know there aren’t official drops but I noticed more than once that return times for Indiana Jones in the 1:00 hour for 2:15 return times.

I also picked up a 2:15 Guardians one day shortly before 2:00.

Also, Incredicoster would show none before 4:00 but some would pop up a little after 4:00.

I kept wanting to try and pick up a multi experience pass if things were down in the morning. That doesn’t work very well because lots of people are trying to do that. In my experience, it’s best to start your day working your way through what you want to do rather than trying to game the system, especially given that the best LLs advance times quicker and those rides aren’t included in the majority of MEP. For me, the afternoon is the best time to try and grab those for a ride that is down. There is less competition but also keep in mind that if you’ve already ridden the ride, you can’t book it. I converted IASW three times in about 20 minutes one afternoon.

I also pay attention late at night for anything I haven’t ridden if I’m done for the day. I keep modifying them to the last hour of the day. Anything that goes down in the last hour gives you the MEP for the next day too. One day Splash went down late. We hadn’t ridden it that day and picked up two MEP to start the next day.

5 Likes

This is always the best feeling. Like winning the jackpot on a loose slot machine. :smiley:

4 Likes

It is. I did learn the next day to be more careful with my modifying when you have the MEP though. I thought I had modified from Star Tours to IASW and I hadn’t so riding IASW took an MEP when I wouldn’t have needed it. That, is not a good feeling!

4 Likes

Just want to add a tip. Since modifying a LL doesn’t change the 2 hour window, one great way to handle early morning is grab your 1st LL as soon as you enter, hopefully around 7:20. Grab for tier 1 (Indy, Space, MH) that might not open with the park, for 8 am. If it doesn’t you have a tier 1 MEP, if it does keep modifying until you have a time you want while you do the non G+ rides for the 1st couple hours, and you’ll be able to grab another at the 2 hour mark, hopefully around 9:20. Ex: grab Indy at 7:21 for 8am. Opens with park (:frowning: no MEP). At 8:20 modify to 9:30. Finish up FL, PotC, JC…during this time book LL at 9:21. Now have 2 to use right away or soon. You’re not “wasting” those 1st 2 hours doing rides you can do with LL, but don’t waste the time to book LL either.

6 Likes

Finally making our first family trip to DLR! Yay!

I have a few questions:

Does the MEP work as a golden ticket the same way as WDW?

I see tapping into the monorail counts to book. We are staying at DLH. Could we tap in there when we have a reservation for DCA and then leave that cue to get booking earlier? Or is it even worth it since the walk isn’t that bad?

Can you modify LL now? I thought I had read that hadn’t come to DLR yet, but maybe that was old info.

Lastly, is there an unpublished grace period like WDW?

Thanks! You all are the best!

3 Likes

Yes, but the main difference as I understand it for DLR is you can use the MEP for some rides that don’t even have an LL, like Luigi’s in Carsland and a bunch of the Fantasyland rides (especially the dark rides like Mr. Toad, Alice). The MEP will include a list of what it’s good for at the bottom & will tell you which ones you can return to. If the line doesn’t have an LL & you want to use the MEP there, you’ll go to CM standing near the exit with a tablet device (it’s where the DAS/accessibility return is).

Yes, it came out after the ability in WDW, but is now on both coasts.

I’m not certain on this, but IME DL CM’s are a lot less flexible. We haven’t pushed the boundary on return time since the only paid LL option came out, but we’ve been chided in the past for being just past the 15 min grace period. Maybe now that there is only a paid LL option that’s changed, but at DLR the direction from above seems to be more to clamp down on those skirting the rules & not extend as much grace for things like that, so unless someone chimes in differently, I wouldn’t push it past the 15 min.

3 Likes

At DLR the grace period is only 15 min, not 119 like at WDW. The CM may be nice and let you through with a blue light, but don’t count on it, especially for a high value attraction with a long line.

5 Likes