The future of Springfield

Can you add people as friends on here?

Well mine was that Disney finally wants to start using the IP themselves. And my own theory, as long as Universal is holding onto so many Marvel characters for free, Disney was always gonna try to put the screws to them when the rights were up on the Simpsons

Squirtle was the one that i was instantly drawn to (though i suppose on paper, Bulbasaur was the best pick)

That likely appeals to many. But I have no interest in that myself. (Interactive elements.) As I said…FOR ME, Pokemon has no appeal. I know next to nothing about it…although, a few years ago when Pokemon Go first came out, I had to report to the game makers several locations that were being used to play it in a dangerous fashion…around a private school, our church, and actually an area where people would literally play it while they were driving down the road. Nearly witnessed a couple accidents caused by folks playing the game. Fortunately they provided a means to report these locations so they could be removed from the game!

1 Like

Thats great nostalgia, but check this epic cover

1 Like

As I clicked on it I thought, better not be. And then it was.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the laugh.

As for Pokemon in Universal. I have a couple of kids and a brother that would be stoked about it. I wouldn’t mind it but I’d have to wrap my head around Simpsons at a Disney park. I mean, I am watching them all on Disney+ (most of them for the first time in my life since I grew up in a household where my parents banned the Simpsons), and I do enjoy the Simpsons specials they’ve done incorporating Disney into the Simpsons Universe, but the park would be… something else.

1 Like

We were never there during the Jimmy Neutron years. It could have gone either way, we might have skipped it or ridden it because we didn’t know anything about him.

I’d be happy for them just to bring back to the old one.

3 Likes

Like i said, “the future” was over eight years ago

I would still like Christoper Lloyd to be involved, like the preshow that had Doc Brown selling the Institute to establish some continuity.
Assuming reports of a Pokemon retheme are accurate, what if he were to play another renowned scientist: PROFESSOR OAK

1 Like

Nooooo…@darkmite2, sum this up for me, please. When will the Simpsons be going away? My DD7 is a “new” fan, and I really need to get her there first!

1 Like

No one actually knows… All we know is that the contract is up in 2028 with no current plans in place for a renewal…

It’s easy to say Simpsons will go away then, but will it? That’s two theme parks, UOR & USH, where you have to demolish a land. I’m about 80% convinced it will go away in 2027 and 20% unsure if they may work out a deal…

It would have to wait until after Epic opens for sure though! Once they get that going they can “take away” a land form another park without too much disruption.

2 Likes

Alright–so I have a year or two. GOOD. I’ll keep my eyes/ears open on this.

2 Likes

There is a rumor that Springfield is more pressing than Lost Continent to redo first. Maybe because of bringing in Pokémon. If that’s correct, it could close later this year.

3 Likes

DUDE–NOOOO!!!

I’m trying to be responsible on the Orlando trips :rofl:, in favor of other adult things that need to happen but are much less fun. This is arguing for the opposite approach.

3 Likes

But…honestly…Springfield at USF isn’t all that. Even if I were a big fan, one ride is just a typical, boring carnival ride, and the other is…nausea-inducing and not really that fun. (The queue is probably the best part.)

We pretty much just walk-through Springfield.

I’d be willing to guess whatever they eventually replace it with will be a big improvement.

3 Likes

No…but…but…if you love the Simpsons like my DD, you can go in Moe’s! There are the phones! The displays. She will be in awe.

I confess, I cannot ride either ride. Still, it’s just a nostalgic favorite spot for us I guess.

2 Likes

I’m gonna put that word in bold! Alicia / Theme Park Stop is by far the BEST resource by for all things Universal. She can pull permits like a champ and often gets reliable information from UOR TMs. She is not immune from rumor or speculation though!! :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :innocent:

Just because Japan is getting a Pokémon attraction doesn’t mean it’s going to be cloned in the U.S.

In a nutshell, the rumor mill is churning out the following:

Simpsons might/probably not be renewing… What could go there?? :thinking: :thinking:

Universal Japan is doing Pokémon now, so I bet that’s what is going there… :bulb: :bulb:

If you do any online search for “Pokémon coming to UOR” all the articles/blogs/vlogs cite Theme Park Stop as the original and only origin source of the story.

She’s been saying Pokémon and Zelda are coming to UOR for 5 - 8+ years. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :rofl:
In her defense, she did predict Super Nintendo World - somewhat. She kept saying it was going into KidsZone though. When that didn’t come to fruition, she kept saying Pokémon was going to be KidsZone’s replacement. Now, it’s DreamWorks…

I do think we’ll see Pokémon at some point. It’s owned by Nintendo. They and Universal seem to be entering into a long term partnership. It makes sense to have more Nintendo in the parks.

Personally, and with only my “gut” + theme park experience guiding me, I do not think Zelda is coming to Lost Continent. IMHO - That rumor is just lazy… Just because LC kinda resembles Hyrule (Zelda Land) doesn’t mean it’s getting a Zelda makeover. I don’t know what they’re doing over there. I wish they’d start something so it wouldn’t just be an empty show building for an attraction I loved!

Pokémon could takeover though! I think it begin next to DreamWorks Destination could make USF a much better park for small kids / families.

I could be totally wrong about all of this! We’ll leave it here and see who was correct in a couple years!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Simpsons will probably last through this year, I feel confident in that. The real worries come Jan 2025 when it could close then. 2025 with a 2.5 year build out gives us a 2027 opening.

Yes it’s Pokemon, yes it’s probably the ride from Japan, plus A LOT more. Imagine a port city that all Pokemon trainers from various regions go to, with its OWN unique Pokemon.

Zelda is going in Lost Continent.

5 Likes

I think RixFlix just showed that there is a Link statue from Zelda NOW located in the Lost Continent. Seems like unofficial confirmation?

ETA: Sorry…not a statue. Rather he said there was a quote from Link in response to the Epic Universe News. I am not sure where this response he is referring to came from though.

2 Likes

This is great news!

Let me be clear, I’m not one of those people on the internet that says something & can’t admit if they’re wrong! I love Zelda & will be ecstatic if its put into LC!!

I’m the first to admit I had no evidence to prove it wasn’t happening. It was just a “feeling”. IMHO - When too many vloggers start talking about a “rumor” I get suspicious. :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hadn’t seen anything other than people saying “That’s what I heard!” :rofl: and then everyone saying they heard it from the same person…

I made one of my 2024 New Year Resolutions to join the Theme Park Stop Podcast Patreon. I need to stop putting it off! I’m guessing all the “real” details and evidence are behind the paywall!! :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

I wanted to be clear, I do believe the Pokémon news. Like everyone else, I just don’t know when it’s going to happen! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

For anyone that hasn’t seen this funny series of videos UOR put out about APs and “rumors”, here ya go!!

2 Likes