The Eleventh Time's the Charm (Trip Report 5/29/21-6/5)

haha… you didn’t say anything so I thought since it’s a toon it was ok… it was a bit mean to show it to you again since it did actually bother you :smirk:

4 Likes

See?!

Mean.

2 Likes

I can’t heart that! :face_with_raised_eyebrow::laughing:

4 Likes

I could be wrong, but I’m pretty sure I shared that photo before. I shared it again just for @OBNurseNH :wink:

4 Likes

How very Gaston of you.

3 Likes

Indeed

1 Like

DAY 6: THURSDAY JUNE 3rd

Breakfast at the Flo, great day at AK, then Bay Lake Tower FOR THE WIN!

Notes: attractions/meals in left column with notes: RS=rider swap DAS=Disability Access Service (#) running count; specific times are from photo timestamps; A is DS6, C is DS4, L is DD2 (I’m J and DW is R)

Thu Jun 3 Thu Jun 3
(6ish) Got up around 6ish, morning routine, finished packing and bell services came to transfer bags to Bay Lake Tower, loaded up strollers, out the door to get bus to MK around 7ish
7:43 Walking from MK monorail station to Grand Floridian (GF)
Grand Floridian Café 8:06 Seated at GF Café and soon eating breakfast
9:02 Walking through GF lobby to bus stop, on bus to AK around 9:15, C cath
TriceraTop Spin 9:52 JAC entered queue for Dinosaur using DAS (they just let us in instead of giving a return time), ride went down and line didn’t move for ~15 minutes, RL riding TriceraTop Spin
10:16 RL watching Pocahontas cavalcade at Rivers of Light (ROL) amphitheater, got DAS return time for Expedition Everest (EE)
Dinosaur DAS, T. Spin (2) 10:19 JAC riding Dinosaur, RL riding TriceraTop Spin again
TriceraTop Spin (3) 10:35 All riding Triceratop Spin
Expedition Everest DAS 11:00 JAL watching percussion cavalcade at ROL amphitheater while RC ride EE
Expedition Everest (2) RS 11:06 JC riding EE while RAL watch for cavalcades at ROL amphitheater
11:17 Watching the monkeys swinging around their enclosure outside Kali River Rapids
FFiF bird show 11:30 Watched the Feathered Friends in Flight bird show
FotLK DAS 12:07 Watched FotLK (entered early using DAS), rained outside during show, forgot to cover strollers, kids upset about wet stroller seats, after show walked to Pandora, C cath
1:20 Arrived at Satu’li but had to wait outside until mobile order was ready
Satu’li Canteen MO (2) 1:45 Seated and eating at Satu’li
ITtbaB (2) 2:09 Entered queue for ITtbaB, watched show, then headed back to Pandora
FOP (2) DAS 2:51 JAC in the FOP pre-show, then riding at 2:55, R got DAS return for NRJ as soon as we tapped the second taps
NRJ (2) DAS 3:16 Riding NRJ
(4ish) On bus to BLT, checked in, and in room at 4:49, C cath, got changed into swimsuits and headed down to pool
5:05 Swimming at the BLT pool until 6ish, J picked up dinner at Wave (MO)
Wave MO, Schoff (4) 6:12 Eating Wave MO in room, Schofferhofer (x2), C BM
8:45 Watched Electrical Water Pageant from room, C cath
(9ish) Everyone in bed

Yes we are in that photo, but we are just a few pixels… It’s one of those new “superzoom” photopass thingies. We got a short 3-second video zooming in and out. I think its pretty neat but can’t post videos :frowning: Here we are zoomed in:

20210603-2047-15IMG_5298

20 Likes

These pics :star_struck:

I didn’t know there was a zoomy pic at AK, and I’m realizing we didn’t do the tree 360 Because of the rain :cry:. Yours came our great!

And the pics from Contemporary are chefs kiss What a great experience!!

4 Likes

Yes I somehow got a crazy deal on the 1BR villa, theme-park view. Can’t remember the price but it was about the same as renting DVC, maybe a little cheaper even, but I paid cash through Disney so had the great cancelation option. I honestly think there was a glitch in their system that day I booked it. I figured it was our chance to experience it for the cheapest price tag I’d seen and move on. Check it off the bucket list. But no. The moment I opened our door and saw the view - it changed me. It was like a dream. I need that experience again. So there will be BLT points in my pocket some day. Hopefully sometime in the next year or so when our “5-year” outlook is a bit more certain (job issues right now) I can convince DW that buying DVC is the right way to go.

8 Likes

DAY 7: FRIDAY JUNE 4th

The day it finally rained! And Be Our Guest!!!

Notes: attractions/meals in left column with notes: RS=rider swap DAS=Disability Access Service (#) running count; specific times are from photo timestamps; A is DS6, C is DS4, L is DD2 (I’m J and DW is R)

Fri Jun 4 Fri Jun 4
(630ish) Got up around 630ish, morning routine, out the door walking to MK around 715ish
7:45 Entering Tomorrowland
Buzz 7:50 Walked on to Buzz
Astro Orbiter 8:08 Walked onto Astro Orbiter, got DAS return for Space Mountain
TTA 8:25 Walked onto TTA
Space Mtn DAS 8:47 RC on Space Mountain
Space Mtn (2) RS 9:05 JC on Space, got DAS return time for Speedway
9:24 ACL got souvenir pens at Star Traders, C cath
Speedway 9:33 Riding on Speedway
Mad Tea Party DAS 10:03 Walked on to Mad Tea Party using DAS
Carousel of Progress 10:23 Watched Carousel of Progress
10:57 The Meltdown on Main Street: C pulled out fistfull of A’s hair, A slugged C in the face, both screaming on the ground, L starts to cry too
11:06 Riding boat to Wilderness Lodge (WL), and walking into lobby at 11:21
Whispering Canyon, Schoff (5) 11:30 Seated at Whispering Canyon, Schofferhofer, C cath
(1ish) Took boat back to MK and walked to BLT, RAC swim, C BM, some packing, loaded up strollers, walked to CR via sky bridge and then up to Monorail station
4:13 Riding Monorail around Seven Seas Lagoon
4:30 Arrived at MK station, prepped for rain
4:36 Walking down Main Street in a downpour, got DAS return for Peter Pan’s Flight (PPF)
Pooh 4:52 Walked onto Pooh
PPF DAS 5:17 Riding PPF, got DAS return for 7DMT, walked to Be Our Guest (BOG), C cath
5:35 Seated at BOG, Beast greeted guests at 5:36, 6:18, and 6:37, we checked out the West Wing at 7:06 and left
Little Mermaid 7:15 Walked onto Little Mermaid
Prince Charming Carousel 7:34 Walked onto Prince Charming Carousel
HM (4) 7:42 JAC walked onto HM 2 times
7MDT (2) DAS 8:08 RAC rode 7DMT using DAS
Little Mermaid (2) 8:22 JL took pics with Castle and walked onto Little Mermaid
8:30 RAC taking night pics of castle
8:40 Walking down Main Street with night lighting, walked back to BLT, C cath
(9ish) Kids in bed, some packing

20210604-1041-39IMG_5391

16 Likes

Lots of comment/caption worthy stuff in Day 7, but I’m off to run my first 10k since the Dopey. So, 19 months? Then straight to a kids birthday party. I’ll respond if I’m able.

6 Likes

Wow that view from bay lake tower! Wow!

1 Like

Good luck on your 10K! :smiley:

1 Like

I own at BLT but have yet to stay in a room with the theme park view. Jan 2022 will be the first time in a 1 bed there, glad you were able to get a good deal.

3 Likes

So excited to be doing a real in person race again. Virtual races just don’t do it for me

11 Likes

I know how some people looove non Disney related tangents on trip reports :wink:

5 Likes

There is something special about the energy of an in person race.

Did your race do staggered starts at all or are they back to just the norm? I had a staggered start for my half marathon in April and I have to say I MUCH preferred it, and I hope the company that coordinated that race continues to do them that way.

4 Likes

I love reading your trip report! Seems like your all having a blast! Quick question, what does “C Cath” mean?

1 Like

Apparently I’m reading all the trip reports this week!

We took 5 kids (ages 6-11) to Disney in 2019 and they were so terrible at times that we told them the next time we were going to Disney without them. We have yet to make good on that! But I absolutely intend to.

Looking back, I realize that the best moments were not the ones I’d carefully planned. The days that we checked off fewer boxes (or had fewer to check) and let the magic wash over us were my favorites. I hope I remember that the next time I plan a trip for the whole family!

Your pictures are all amazing, and I know that the frustrations will fade a little more every time you flip through them as time passes. And the next trip will be easier. You and your wife did amazing work all week to make a trip in which your kids will not remember any of the downsides - but only the fun that they had.

5 Likes

I’m doing the same thing, reading a ton of trip reports! I’ve been out of the loop for a while.

Our first family trip was when DS was 4 and DD was 6. I always said I wouldn’t do it before they were five, but caved as DD was clearly ready. I was worried about DS, as he’s on the spectrum, but he did really well. BUT we also had 8 adults on that trip and two kids, so…
Now, our next trip a year later? Well, DS was a little more ornery and ended up spraying the entire table next to us at HDDR with water, from his straw. At least he wasn’t spitting through it, but he kept dipping it in his water glass and shaking it around. Where were his parents, you might ask? Intently focused on an emergency phone call from home. (It was after the show, so we weren’t a distraction to the entertainment, at least.) Man, I can still feel the embarrassment when I realized what he was doing AND how annoyed the people at the next table were. Ugh.
To meet DS today, you’d have no idea he is on the spectrum. But he was in the midst of early intervention then and, well, maybe those trips were a bit of a push.

3 Likes