The Eleventh Time's the Charm (Trip Report 5/29/21-6/5)

We had originally planned a 2nd family trip to WDW last April. Well, you all know what happened. I had also planned a backup trip in May just in case the April trip didn’t work out due to personal things going on. Both were canceled obviously.

Early in the pandemic, I was confident we could go in the fall, so planned Sep, Oct, and Nov trips. I also planned solo trips in Nov to run the Wine & Dine races with St Jude (like I did in 2019; Family trip report here) and in Jan 2021 to run the Dopey (like I did in 2020; solo trip report here). As the pandemic raged on into the fall of 2020, I canceled the September trip, then October, then November. I turned the Dopey trip into a full family trip. And I made backup plans for February and March. All of those were canceled.

So, since the pandemic began, I have canceled 10 trips. And I’m a super planner - I had full touring plans, resort bookings, ADRs, etc. for these trips. My credit card statements look insane. I’ve booked and canceled 100s of ADRs.

But today we are flying out on SW flight #3847 and will finally be home again this afternoon!

I do not plan on updating this thread in any live fashion, but may sprinkle some photos in every now and then. I am going to try and stay off my phone as much as possible, except when needing help with touring. Once we return, I will provide a day-by-day report as I have time.

Thanks to all of you who have provided support and helped out over the last year. This is a great community and so glad that I found it.

55 Likes

I am so excited for your little family that I have pixie dust in my eyes!!

Have the most magical time ever, Jordan! I hope to see some photos while you’re there and can’t wait for a full report once your home!

Safe travels!!

7 Likes

It’s happening! For real! Hope all of you have so much fun. Can’t wait to read about it later.

4 Likes

Yes! So excited for you and your whole family. Enjoy every moment.

3 Likes

Have a great trip!

3 Likes

Yay!!! I hope you guys have the best time! Looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

Hope you guys have the best time!

2 Likes

Hope it is a wonderful and magical trip!

2 Likes

So glad that it is finally happening for you. Enjoy the time with your family. We are only missing you by 4 days, too bad we could have met up outside the Riviera again.

3 Likes

Flight overbooked by 14 seats. They offered free flight and $1200 voucher for changing to later flight. Tempted since we have 5 seats. But we have Disney plans. And staying in the airport with 3 youngins for 5 hours is a nonstarter

10 Likes

Yes! Meeting at the Riviera in January 2020 seems like ages ago! Too bad it won’t happen again on this trip.

…and make sure you have a chain on that wallet this trip! :rofl:

3 Likes

O yeah, the wallet. That was a fun day when we all got together.

2 Likes

The earth is healing :roll_eyes:

I will never understand why they are allowed to do that.

3 Likes

25 Likes

Can’t wait for races to resume and I can experience the chaos of the expo again. Hoping for 2022.

11 Likes

Yay!

WELCOME HOME!!!

So happy for you!

2 Likes

Door lock not working. Waiting for someone to come. What a great start. Yay!

8 Likes

8 Likes

Bummer. But if that turns out to be the worst part of the trip, I call that a win!

Have a wonderful time!

2 Likes