The Disney Refugee's Farewell Tour

I’ve checked in and gotten settled for a one night stay at Dockside. Tomorrow I’ll stow my bag in the lobby and go play at Volcano Bay all day. Then I’ll come back to pick them up and check into Aventura. I’m moving around activities that are weather dependent up to the next couple of days.

7 Likes

One of my favorite parts of my trip is when I pass through security for the first day and see the CityWalk moving walkways! All my anxiety and stress just float away!

I did find a cool Easter Egg in Port of Entry that I had never seen before. Between the Christmas store and candy shop is an alley. If you go down it you see where someone has “escaped” and the jailers can be heard fighting about it :rofl:

I got a 4pm Mythos reservation. I decided to wait until after dinner to go get soaked. Rather than lap the whole park, I am at VelociCoaster now.

Posted a 20 minute wait but the queue is crawling so slowly. Ive been in the queue for 10 minutes and still am in the lobby with the Raptor statues

12 Likes

It’s neat that you still find new, cool things.

Hope the queue moves more quickly for you.

4 Likes

You’re in single ride line. Do you usually do that?
I didn’t find it helpful for VC.

2 Likes

When I went it was closed to new entrants. I’m always skeptical of UOR SR lines because I don’t think they do a good job of balancing how long it is compared to Standby. At some point they just need to fill a train of SRs if that line is longer than Standby. Closing it is effective as well, as long as they close it timely!

2 Likes

Some are better than others.

2 Likes

The Gringotts one in particular moved like molasses. It was less than posted standby, but I think posted was overstated.

1 Like

We found the Forbidden Journey single rider line to be very quick when we used it several times in a row, but that was at least five or six years ago. We switched to staying at Hard Rock when we go to Universal so we always have Express Pass.

2 Likes

We timed that one with super luck. Walk on and all sitting together :woman_shrugging:t4:
Sorry :laughing:
I think that was a fluke though.

We’ve always found the FJ SR line as a walk on, but I realise that doesn’t help you as you don’t ride it.

2 Likes

Yeah…it was Single Rider. I confess I don’t usually do SR for that one as I know it’s slower. However, a posted 20 minutes was too tempting to see if I could hop right on.

The wait was 30 minutes. They’ve changed the loading procedure, there’s a YT video about it. It definitely slows things down especially when the ride is over. There were 3 trains waiting to unload.

I decided to see if Blue is meeting today and she is! I jumped into the queue as I have been with my family the last couple of trips and they didn’t want to do it.

I’ll probably head back towards Hogsmeade after this!

8 Likes

@Shmebulock - OMG! Did you see me? I didn’t think you were still here!

Went through Hogsmeade and was very tempted by a 60 minute Hagrid’s wait time. I could’ve gotten on FJ with a 10 minute wait. However, I saw that Posiedon’s Fury had no wait… (posted 20 minutes, but that just means you’ll go into the next show IME) Also, I remembered it is going down for a refurbishment this week. Best to visit it now when I’m in the area and it’s open

9 Likes

:thinking::thinking: ?? I’m confused. No I’m not there at all :laughing: Haven’t been since July.

3 Likes

I was confused too as I didn’t say I went into SR queue, but you guessed correctly! :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Ah ok. I wondered how I’d given the impression that I was there :laughing:
No, it was just from the photo you posted in the raptor statue room. It was taken from the SR line :face_with_monocle::face_with_monocle::+1:t2::smiley:

3 Likes

Don’t trust her, she’s a spy.

9 Likes

🕵🏽‍♀️🕴🏽

3 Likes

Wow! You’re a regular internet slueth! 🕵‍♀️

4 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

I’m seated at Mythos. It really is as pretty inside the restaurant as hyped.

I ordered the Spankopita dip. It’s great. The pita chips are the best I’ve ever had!

Now, for the entree… The lamb burger.

I admit that I am not a big lamb fan. (I lived in AU briefly when I was young and poor. Lamb is the most common and cheapest meat there. I ate it so often I don’t care for it much anymore.)

I really didn’t like this burger. The lamb taste was very strong (which some may enjoy) and the special sauce was not great either. Also, I love onion, but not whole chunks / rings of them. Finally, it was more undercooked than I ordered.

They are going to swap it out for a beef burger for me since I only ate like 2 bites.

I will give them a big :+1:for that.

The beef burger is much better! Not amazing, but solid. The fries are not great though…maybe not fresh.

I’m not in a hurry, but the service is a bit slow. It’s not a meal rush time yet and I see lots of servers just milling around.

Overall, I recommend Mythos and would eat here again!

9 Likes

I don’t think I would care for the lamb burger either. The restaurant looks beautiful, and the pita does look delicious!

2 Likes