The Disney Refugee's Farewell Tour

Hey!

I’m at less than one week away from my final trip to Universal for this AP season! This is my bookmark / placeholder for when I go live. I will be solo and actively doing my Trip Report this time. It’s so bittersweet. I’m looking forward to all the great things to do, but knowing I’m not coming back for 3 more years is depressing. However, that’s just me having become spoiled by getting an AP. My previous countdowns all started at 1000+ days!

Currently, here’s my itinerary:

1/31 - Tues. = Arrive by 6pm. Dinner at Mama Della’s and exploring Portofino and CityWalk
2/1 - Wed = SeaWorld! (First ever visit!) Doing Great Movie Escape Room that night
2/2 - Thurs = Full Day at both IOA / USF
2/3 - Fri = WWOHP Day / Orlando Informer Meet-up Night
2/4 - Sat = Volcano Bay / Orlando Informer Meet-up Night
2/5 Sun = IOA Toon Lagoon - get soaked then go home!

As always, I’m happy to do any on-the-ground reporting or research! Please ask anything…

I’m still taking SeaWorld tips & advice! I got some great info here:

13 Likes

Are you buying tickets to both, or do you somehow get a deal for doing both days? I’ve never done OI so not sure how it works.

1 Like

I did get two night tickets. You save $70 if you buy both nights at once.

I got to go to an OIM event back in December. It’s a great time. I will say that I’m a bit annoyed already with OIM this trip. The parks stay open one hour later on Saturday than Friday. Rather than adjust the event closing time it ends at the same time. If you buy Saturday night only this time you actually pay $10 more than Friday night and get one hour less!??!

1 Like

I’m just going to start by saying that I do not like the title of this TR.

The quicker you renew your AP the better AFAIC :wink::rofl:

6 Likes

I’ve made my peace with not renewing! It was a tough choice… $419 + tax for all three parks! That’s crazy!

4 Likes

I think I had significantly less stickers shock in buying the UOR AP because I was used to paying WDW AP prices and this was a steal :rofl:

6 Likes

I was going to say exactly this! I’ve been so entertained by @darkmite2–beautiful pictures, great reviews of attractions, food. Someone should snag him up to do unbiased trip reporting…

3 Likes

I am looking forward to following along!

3 Likes

It’s my “lottery” daydream! I would go to these places most days if I could.

5 Likes

Funny how the “Renew” prices are different then the general pricing…

EDIT this is Florida resident pricing

2 Likes

*Gasp * Scandal!

2 Likes

I won’t be surprised to see them go up in price again in February. That’s when they typically do it…

2 Likes

My bad! That was FL resident :laughing:

It’s way more for an “unrenewable” !!!
$425 & $525! (seasonal)

I want that price!

3 Likes

Anticipating a price increase, I just bought my tickets through Undercover Tourist earlier this week for my family trip in May and locked in a pretty good price, even though the buy 2 / get 2 days wasn’t in effect for my dates.

For myself, I have a Seasonal Pass that expires one day early. I will probably renew when eligible to get that extra day and to be able to come back sometime in the next year, which I likely will.

3 Likes

Like Darkmite we won’t be going back for awhile. In our case, we will go back after they fully open Epic. I’d buy annual passes now since I know they keep, but I’m not sure how the passes would translate with the extra park. Maybe the three-park pass would translate to a three-park (dry-only) pass then?

4 Likes

Same with us. We have 2 more trips scheduled on our APs before they expire, late Feb and late April. Not sure when we will be back and depends on Epic Universe and how the APs work.

3 Likes

We also have two more trips scheduled with our Universal Annual Passes— girls-only trip beginning 2/20. And then the whole family for a final 8 day trip in early June.

No plans to renew our annual passes. We have a Disney cruise already booked for Spring Break 2024. I’m sure we will want to hit up Epic Universe after it opens and the initial onslaught of vloggers and crowds dies down.

Absolutely zero regrets getting these AP’s, we definitely got a lot of use out of them. But between the cruise and some low key beach vacation plans, it might be some time before we hit up theme parks again.

Despite Disney finally opening Tron soon, I have no desire to deal with all the bs their theme park vacations involve.

4 Likes

It’s nice to know so many people are doing the same with their plans going forward…

I’ve never wanted a weekend to end so quickly before!

2 Likes

@sanstitre_has_left_the_building

Hey! My Aventura stay is on Tuesday. I really want the robot to bring something to my room. What should I ask for? (Toiletries? Room service? )

3 Likes

Bedtime story?

3 Likes