SeaWorld Tips

EDIT - I went to SeaWorld and had a great time! I learned A LOT about how this place operates & navigates. There were some great things & some frustrations…

If you want to see my one day Trip Report I’m starting it a bit further down. It’s full of tips and things you should know before you go! I sure wish I had known a bunch of this!!

You can scroll down our click here…

It finally dawned on me that I will be going to SeaWorld for the very first time in exactly 3 weeks!

What are your best tips???

Don’t worry!! I will be at the entry about 30 - 45 minutes before RD. I have a ticket purchased from Orlando Informer… My ticket does include all day dining, but I am not looking to stuff myself here. It was included in the discounted ticket offer. ($79)

I know the queue should be short since it’s midweek in February. However, I am thinking about just paying the $20 for their Express Pass. Probably only going once in my life and $20 seems like a bargain even if I only save a minor amount of time.

The dolphin encounter is $30. That seems very reasonable as well.

Any vlogger suggestions are welcome!

4 Likes

Don’t stress if you’re not that early. We were very near the front (despite making a time consuming parking error) and were no more than 30 mins prior to RD.

3 Likes

That’s a lot cheaper than it was for us. I guess it varies with the season.

Very much worth it though. Would recommend.

1 Like

I was concerned about dealing with the Orlando Informer ticket. However, I just checked and that isn’t a voucher. It’s an actual ticket! I get my food wristband at my first restaurant.

I’ve watched a good vlogger now that has shown where the self serve ticket purchasing is located. i think I can do all my upgrades there…

I’ll get there 40 - 30 minutes early… I will be getting dropped off via Uber / Lyft. I need to know where to go incase the driver doesn’t. I’ll see if their website lists that!

2 Likes

I don’t know if it’s normal or if there was just a delayed opening when we went, but the whole area across the lagoon with Icebreaker didn’t open for the first hour. Icebreaker is also insanely head-rattly for a brand new coaster :confounded:

Visit the penguins BEFORE any water rides. It’s cold in that enclosure and you don’t want to be in there with damp clothes :cold_face::cold_face::cold_face:

Journey to Atlantis was our family’s collective favourite ride. It’s a great mix of theming and thrill (albeit not as thrilling as Mako/Manta etc). We loved them all though.

Have fun!

4 Likes

The people I have watch so far all say to go to the left side of the park early - where Atlantis & the penguins are located.

The “mega” Express package that includes Ice Breaker is $30 per person. There’s a $15 and $20 “lower” tiers"

This is why I don’t think I “need” it. They aren’t expecting anyone to be there. However, if I can save 10 minutes every attraction, we all know it adds up!

2 Likes

It was the Quick Queue Unlimited that we had.
It was entirely worth it. For $15 I would absolutely go for it.

My advice is to try to go to all the shows as early in the day as possible and with as little time in between as possible. You lose a lot of time trying to squeeze a ride in between the shows. Time it to arrive about 30 minutes before with a snack in hand.

My favorite ride at Sea World Orlando was Manta. I rode it like 10 times. Atlantis is also fun. I haven’t been recently so I don’t know about the newer rides. I avoid the raft ride cause it gets you legit soaked, like Bluto’s at IoA.

4 Likes

Yeah… I have no interest in there rapid / raft ride. I am looking forward to Atlantis! I don’t think you get too wet…

I only want to see the Dolphins, Orcas, Sharks and aquariums. My local zoo has an amazing exhibits, rescues and shows with seals, sting rays, turtles, penguins. I really am lucky to have it locally. I haven’t renewed my zoo AP since COVID. I really need to do it!

1 Like

DD got her feet soaked (like she’d dangled her feet and shoes and socks in a swimming pool).
The rest of us weren’t as bad.

1 Like

:astonished: :scream:

Dudley Doo-Right is just like that too!! You basically step into a pool of water. I bring cheap sneakers on trips when I plan to do water rides just to save my actual shoes!

3 Likes

Good plan! :droplet:

2 Likes

Does anyone know if they do Celebration buttons? I’d like First Time badge.

@Shmebulock

What do you do with your bag at rides? I’m so used to Universal lockers now

1 Like

I believe they have lockers but I always had DW to leave my bags with since we had kids and had to swap.

1 Like

All I need is my small sling bag. I travel light and don’t need to bring a water bottle

2 Likes

There are lockers, but they’re not free.
You can pay for the whole day rather than single use with the transferable locker pass.

I don’t know about celebration buttons. I don’t remember seeing any.

3 Likes

Thanks! It’ll be interesting to compare how the locker pass works. I assume you can buy the pass at any station?? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I believe so.

1 Like

I know it’s silly, but I am hoping to meet Sesame Street Characters. I can never find any info about their times. Can anyone assist? I heard they stop doing it by mid-day, so if I need to schedule around them let me know! Thanks!

1 Like

It’s not!!

Sorry I don’t know the answer though.
I expect it’ll be in the app, or a times guide at the park.

1 Like