The Disney Refugee's Farewell Tour

I found an article about it! There’s an iPad in the room you use…

2 Likes

I would double check at check-in how to get the robot. Originally you had to call and request it. Not sure if it’s automatic when using the iPad to request something. Keep us posted.

3 Likes

I have no data on this. I never saw a robot during my stay.

1 Like

Guess who just said, “To hell with it! I’m leaving a day early!!!” I changed my flight to 7:30am in the morning! I got a $77 Dockside Room and texted my boss!! I hope I can sleep! At least I’m already packed!!

19 Likes

Oh I thought for a minute you meant going home a day early. I was confused. But this I can understand. :rofl:

4 Likes

Good morning everyone!

So… I had a discount SW flight for tomorrow. I was supposed to land in Orlando around 3pm. I got a text last night saying the flight had been canceled and I was put on a flight not arriving until almost 8pm!

I was “ok” originally arriving a bit late on Tuesday. I still had time to rush into the parks for a late Hagrid’s ride or something. With arriving at 8pm, I wouldn’t get to the hotel until 9:30pm or later. That seems like a “waste” of a day. Plus, the weather forecasts says it’s going to rain on Friday and Saturday. That was going to possibly cancel my Volcano Bay day on Saturday. Now, I am going there tomorrow and shuffling things around. (If the weather is clear on Saturday then I get 2 VB visits on this trip. I have brought my ponchos for possible use during the Orlando Informer Meet-up

I scrambled and got the flight I am waiting on now. I leave around 7:30am (Central) and will land at 12:30pm (Eastern). I should be checked into my room by 2pm. I got the mobile check-in request as soon as I booked it. So, I am all good there. I am at my home hotel, Dockside. I debated going directly to Aventura, but it was the only hotel not offering a decent deal.

I have zero reservations and my mind is racing with possibilities! I had originally been trying to go to Pirates Dinner Adventure, but couldn’t find time. I want to get soaked at Toon Lagoon, but was having logistical issues fitting it in my plans. I still have one place in CityWalk that I hadn’t eaten at - Hard Rock Cafe. I could go there to “complete” my CityWalk Saga or eat at a different premiere hotel restaurant! I could repeat a place I know I’ll enjoy eating as well, like Margaritaville.

I am going to do an Escape Room tonight if I don’t go to the Pirates Dinner Adventure. I really wanted to see that show, but all the reviews say the food is very mediocre at its best. I am leaning to staying on property and looking around CityWalk

Give me your thoughts…What would you do today & tonight? Maybe I will complete your quest! :rofl:

Being there today and early than planned opens up my whole trip! I’ll be live this whole trip so come keep me company as this Disney Refugee going back to Universal one more time!

15 Likes

Safe travels @darkmite2. Hope you have a great trip.
With a bonus day I would probably meander through the parks, maybe some spells and try and linger near Hagrid for the SR line to open.
Whatever you do, enjoy :partying_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Given the forecast, I’d probably try to get in as much outdoor fun as I could.

Whatever you do, have a fabulous time!

1 Like

That’s my thought as well! I did check and the Pirates Dinner Adventure is closed on Mondays. That solves that!

I guess I’ll just see where the day and my hungry belly takes me today!

2 Likes

Have you packed your crepe gloves?? :yum::yum:

5 Likes

I don’t go anywhere without them! I keep them in the glove box of my car. I’m probably one of the few people that uses that compartment for its intended purpose! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I’m in the plane about to take off to Atlanta!

9 Likes

Following! I’m glad you’ll be live reporting!!

2 Likes

I have reservations at Mythos and Confisco Grill for Thursday. I think I will move one of them to today. I have experienced having 2 meal reservations in a day and I typically miss one reservation to either not being hungry or wanting to play more than eat.

4 Likes

Good point. I typically make too many reservations because I want to do all of the things.

Which one wins for today?

1 Like

Wow that’s a long flight! :rofl:

6 Likes

I vote for a ride on Hagrid’s and/or Velocicoaster, which is always my answer when I have extra time at UOR. :wink:

5 Likes

I’m at MCO. I’m leaning towards going to IOA for a crazy Toon Lagoon day. It does look like the rain is going to be coming this weekend.

If I can get into Mythos that’s my first choice.

Then getting a Hagrid’s night ride and possibly closing out the night in CityWalk at the Escape Room.

I am planning on being go-go-go all week. I’m solo and want to do everything in my heart so that “Future Larry” has no regrets while waiting for 2026!!

14 Likes

Go and do Future Larry proud…!! :laughing::+1:t2:

5 Likes

This sounds SO fun!!

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

3 Likes