The Disney Refugee wants you to WIN A PRIZE!

why? Symmetry and prime number

and, because my guesses in the 600s were either taken or too close to others’ and I didn’t want to be That Person.

6 Likes

This number is important to me :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
Thanks for throwing it up!

2 Likes

Wow these numbers are all way too high in my opinion. Based on a similar experience and recently emptying out my own coin jar, my guess is $210.

5 Likes

In my area the CoinStar machines charge 13%!!! I wasn’t going to give up $13 for every $100 I put in there. I don’t know how many hours this took, since I did it at my own pace. However, I feel like I probably “got paid” more than $13 an hour to roll it!!

5 Likes

Looks like I’ll be starting a new jar if coins sooner than I thought! This us what I had in my pockets and picked up just this weekend! :laughing:

12 Likes

$2.23

14 Likes

:laughing:

5 Likes

It’s Sunday! Woohoo! The answer we’ve all been waiting for comes today! :laughing: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Nope! This ends at midnight. I will tell everyone the winner tomorrow morning! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

6 Likes

Does morning start at 12:01am EST? Because if so I will wait up!

3 Likes

The Coinstar at our local Kroger offers Amazon gift cards for no fee, which is almost as good as cash for me. You can search on their website to see which gift cards each location offers.

5 Likes

That would be good as cash for me, too!

1 Like

It used to be only like 6% the last time I used one!

I will 100% be up at 9pm Phoenix time. :rofl:

4 Likes

$610.6

Late to the party :see_no_evil: but I did scroll and fairly certain nobody took this number yet :joy:

7 Likes

Ok @darkmite2, who won?!?!?

7 Likes

LOL!! I’m glad everyone is so excited, but I did state earlier

I’m double checking all guesses now!

2 Likes

GOOD MORNING! I won’t make you read a long statement first

Here’s what you want know… The total! (rounded down to the nearest whole dollar)

$1,173.00 !!!

The highest guess was $738 done by @Bubblez !

Now… TL;DR =

Here’s pictures of all the coins rolled up and piled just in case you are truly stunned!!

(FYI - My guess at home was $800, before I started counting!)

Quarters:

Dimes

Nickels

Pennies

Misc coins & etc…

As you can see / probably guess I had more quarters than any other amount. Pennies came in 2nd though!

This averaged out to about $100 / year in coins in the jar!! I really did put every coin I came across in there every day. Of course I used cash so much more from 2010 - 2018.

It was great seeing the guesses come in. I admit I was shocked no one really guessed a “crazy” amount that was closer to $1K

As you can understand this pays for my DD20 Universal 3 park Season AP in August and a probably most of that trip. Makes buying the AP a bit easier knowing it’s getting more than the 4 days minimum for it to “pay for itself” that I had planned in Sept. for HHN

Any questions / thoughts??? Can’t wait to see y’all’s reactions!!

18 Likes

:astonished:

I think your scale is a bit off :joy: :wink:

Woohoo @Bubblez !!! :clap:

7 Likes

I thought so too. However, after giving it some thought I can only carry about 50 - 60 lbs on my own without a real struggle. If it had been “double” that weight to match the spreadsheet predictions of weight vs. amounts, I wouldn’t have even been able to lift it. Maybe it wasn’t “centered”, but I use that scale most days for myself and it’s accurate - according to the one at the gym that I compare it too sometimes. (Any deviation would’ve only been a couple pounds)

I’m not a “math” person, so I can’t explain why the spreadsheet vs. IRL doesn’t match. All I can say is. I barely managed to move it solo and it did “feel” about 50lbs or so. :sunglasses: :money_mouth_face: :wink:

6 Likes

Holy moly! Now I’m mad that I left the penny I saw on the ground yesterday. I’m starting a change bucket!

9 Likes