The Disney Refugee wants you to WIN A PRIZE!

9 Likes

Your scale pic screwed us all because the maximum value if the entire container was quarters it would have only been $1040. We never had a chance :rofl:

6 Likes

Agreed. The weight measurement precluded the possibility of guessing the actual amount correctly (for those who did their research).

6 Likes

If the scale isn’t accurate, you could figure out each person’s guess by changing it to a ($/lb guess) based on the 52.2 pounds.

After the real weight is determined, you can then calculate who was the closest.

Or just let it be…

3 Likes

LOL!! Probably the best idea!!

I feel really confident in the scale.

Again, if it had been much heavier than the 52.2 the scale said I wouldn’t have been able to even lift it! I really struggled not to drop it!

I do understand the logic behind the spreadsheets, but there’s some flaw in the math. I can’t tell you what it is. I can only show you what is actually there! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I always felt it was going to be a “damned if you do / don’t” situation if I hadn’t shown people measurements and weights! Some ppl would be like, “I couldn’t have ever known without data!”

I get that the spreadsheets don’t align with IRL, but :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging: :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Holy moly!

3 Likes

I’ve got you - pic shows:
76 rolls of quarters - 38 lbs
50 rolls of dimes - ~24.5 lbs
45 rolls of nickels - ~20 lbs
75 rolls of pennies - ~22.5 lbs

Total weight would have been expected to be 105 lbs just based on the pics posted

7 Likes

Science!

Again…sorry if anyone felt “cheated” by this. It was supposed to just be fun!!

idk what to say… The scale works when I step on it. I guess it’s not meant for jars of coins.

However, I know for a FACT I can’t lift 105 lbs! :sunglasses: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :crazy_face: :heart_eyes:

I have a degenerative muscle issue that happened due to a workplace injury in 2017. My right side is, sadly, struggling most days to lift stuff even 25 lbs. anymore!

If you look at the jar you can see I marked the year I got injured as “bad leg”! :laughing:

6 Likes

Wow!! I thought I had gone too high with 480.

4 Likes

I believe you - that’s a huge difference between what the scale posted and what the standard bank rolls weigh! I’m very curious to find out why the difference was so high in this case. Congrats on the big haul!

5 Likes

If this was true, a good guess (based on 52.2 lbs) would have been $590.

4 Likes

Wow, I’m stumped.

Not sure how that could only be 52 lbs. You really should have held on to all of that until we could do a full and proper investigation, examine the rolls, and verify the scale with some certified test weights. Liners can’t let things like this go. :joy: :rofl:

Congrats on the “free” money. So much better to have way more than expected than less.

7 Likes

A pound of Nickels is almost exactly $20. A pound of Dimes…$20. A pound of Quarters? $20! (There is actually a historical reason why this is the case.) A pound of pennies? $1.82.

So, if EVERY coin in the bin was either quarters, dimes, or nickels, the max for 52 lbs would be, as @LTinNC82 stated, $1040. But, by @darkmite2’s admission, the SECOND highest number of coins was pennies. This means that the actual amount in the bin would be significantly lower than $1040 since you are replacing several pounds of $20 value with several pounds of $1.82 value.

There is only one logical conclusion to all of this. @darkmite2 is stronger than he realizes (or is admitting to).

6 Likes

That’s so bonkers!! I never would have guessed that much based on the size of the jar. How exciting for you and your upcoming trip!!

Congrats @Bubblez !!

7 Likes

That was my exact thought process!

Obviously the only explanation is magic. Seeing as this is in the UOR side I’m suspecting some wizarding world kind of spell put on this.

7 Likes

Ooh…it’s the “winguardium leviosa partialis” charm.

3 Likes

Another possibility is it’s actually Play Money, which weighs less.

3 Likes

I’m just shocked and incredibly happy for you!

It’s also a sign that you need to spring for Shutterbuttons on your trip. You have over a thousand reasons to do it!

7 Likes

So really @darkmite2 is a wizard. Got it.

7 Likes
  • The scale is set to kg.

• The scale is way off in that range of weight or has some other issue.

• Darkmite cheated the bank and added a bunch of light plastic spacers to the rolls.

• After the jar was dumped out to count/roll, another family member had their own jar and dumped theirs into the same pile.

• The picture of the jar on the scale was not taken on Earth. :thinking:

6 Likes