The Disney Refugee wants you to WIN A PRIZE!

I am afraid @CharleneTX beat you to the punch on $624, regardless! :grin:

Good catch!

I will have to lock it in at $624 for both as that was the official guess each stated. @CharleneTX - will win if that guess is the most accurate due to submitting it first.

Reminder - Everyone has the chance to scroll up, if desired, before guessing AND submitting via DM for a “secure” guess!

GL everyone!!

4 Likes

$738.12 official guess

(I don’t like stepping on other people’s numbers…though $624 sounds right, and $642 is too close to it.)

3 Likes

Fun game. $493

3 Likes

So entertaining! I’m going with $573!

2 Likes

My guess is $283. I just took some change to the bank yesterday.

5 Likes

Oops! No problem. My bad for not looking closely before guessing. Good luck everyone!

1 Like

$383.
Going with the engine displacement of our Chevelle.:joy::woman_shrugging:t2: How’s that for scientific?

4 Likes

Just got back from depositing it all at the bank!! I have the official final amount!! I’ll check-in over the weekend, Contest end this Sunday at Midnight (Central- US)

I’ll post pics and announce the winner when I get to work Monday. (7am - 8am depending on if I have anything urgent when I get there)

Good Luck!! :dollar: :moneybag: :money_mouth_face: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :coin: :money_with_wings: :money_with_wings: :moneybag: :moneybag: :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

7 Likes

Can you at least tell us a hint? Like how far off the farthest person is off?

4 Likes

Did they charge you for counting it? Was the final count different from yours? I’m curious how banks take to this kind of thing.

3 Likes

Also I’m convinced that the number and types of emojis is a hint… :rofl:

5 Likes

I think there are a few really smart people here that could figure out about how much it might be if i gave a number range (or at least have a decent estimate)

Maybe that low guess is close or maybe everyone is totally wrong! Can’t wait to tell everyone!

3 Likes

There was no fee to deposit the money. The requirements were that I had to roll it all up myself. The bank did give me all the paper coin rolls for free. I had to put my name on every roll as a deterrent to prevent people from cheating the bank. (No putting enough in the rolls or pennies inthe roll marked dimes)

I printed out small labels for file folders with my name to speed up the process.

Yes! My total was off by almost $100… I must have counted the number of rolls of a specific domination improperly. (Not saying if it’s too many or few rolls counted! )

3 Likes

:astonished:

Wait.

All week you thought you knew what the correct total was while all the guesses came in? :crazy_face: :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

I always had planned on taking it to the bank to verify! That’s why I made the deadline Sunday. I knew I couldn’t get to the bank until this weekend. :laughing::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Banks don’t charge you for counting it (but it has to be rolled) - if you have unrolled coinage, you can visit those Coinstar machines and just dump it in. They charge a few, unless you donate to charity…but you can also just have the money put on an amazon gift card or something from those machines!

1 Like

I’ve always just used Coinstar since it’s not worth my time to roll it myself. But I do always feel a little resentful that they charge me for it. :joy: I’ve only had to do this like 3 times in my entire life though.

2 Likes

several of the banks we use have coin counting machines in the branch and there’s no fee for using it if you’re a member/customer.

4 Likes

Same!

1 Like