The Disney Refugee Gets Wet

I’m laughing at this again. :rofl:

Is this part of your Disney Refugee slang? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I really want to hang out with 2-3 drink Larry! :rofl:

7 Likes

Thanks! Sorry your identity was compromised.

3 Likes

So…I decided to “trot” to Hagrid’s instead of sprint. Much easier!

The lockers were like Thunderdome with all us Rope Droppers hustling in there!

I basically walked on. I was only 3 switchbacks from the boarding when we stopped walking

The queue was all the way back to Lost Continent!

After I got on VC twice…each time about 20 minutes. Once the parks opened I headed back around the park doing walk on rides. I did a lot!

Still having fun, but the 4 tiki drinks yesterday and not sleeping in my own bed have caught up to me.

I did all the Toon Lagoon water rides and got soaked! I stopped at Wimpy’s for lunch.

They don’t get a lot of people at lunch so they don’t premake a stack of burgers in advance. It’s a really soild burger, especially for a theme park! The sauce they put on it is fine, but next time I’ll omit it

With my shoes soaked, my tummy stuffed and the peak sun being out I’m going to actually take a break and rest…:scream:

FYI - I’m on the bus now. The walk from Toon Lagoon to CityWalk, getting on a shuttle and arrival took approximately 25 minutes. Now I need to walk to me room and collapse! :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Popeye had an effect on you!! :laughing:

3 Likes

Lol…I didn’t even realize it!

Cinematic Celebration…

My auto text actually defaults to Cineamagic. :grin::man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Ha! I thought you were just poking fun at Disney :joy:

Glad you tried Wimpy’s, and that its a good burger.

4 Likes

The ‘not sleeping in my own bed’ is a bigger deal than I usually anticipate. It doesn’t matter how comfy the bed is, I always sleep worse away from home. That first night back in my own bed is magical.

5 Likes

I took a 2 hour nap, rehydrated, showered and reapplied sunblock!

I told my DW I was taking a break and she was genuinely concerned :rofl:

I was still recovering a bit this morning from those drinks. Plus I never really recovered from my morning sprint :man_running: through CityWalk this morning. My DW made me promise not to do it anymore. :grin::heart_eyes:

I felt like I had eaten this many burgers!

OH! The Volcano Bay drinks In order of preference (they are all yummy)

Ko’okiri Plunge
Toasted Coconut Pineapple
Strawberry Ginger Lift
Blue Hawaiian

Also, here’s the signage anyone will look out for in the hotel lobby if you mobile check-in

10 Likes

How sweet.

2 Likes

About to watch the best stunt show anywhere!

(I will fight you about it! :ninja:)

12 Likes

Got my first hug from a character! Yea!

Now it’s parade time!

13 Likes

Yay!

3 Likes

To be fair, I’d say it’s only a million times better than the super lame Indiana Jones snoozefest.

7 Likes

I’m loving your trip report! It’s making me super excited for our June trip. Plus all of your intel is super important! Thanks!

2 Likes

I was wondering when you were going to weigh in. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Overall I would rate this CL5 day… I may have skipped a couple hours, but still did everything I wanted/planned. (I did plan a couple more rides of Dudley Doo-Right, but I was supposed to do those tonight. I swapped my plan as rain predicted later.)

I got off Hagrid’s with only a 40 minute posted wait and the preshow was on.

I realize I didn’t rell y’all everything I intended to about Volcano Bay. (I was pretty sleepy and sun tired… :sleepy:)

So here’s a couple thoughts

First, it is very beautiful for a water park. I enjoyed that they spray the paths with water all day. Bare feet on concrete gets bad!

Second, I studied the park map a good bit and I still got lost often.

Third, and it’s a hot take, Krakatu water coaster is fun, but a bit over hyped. I got to do it 3 time in the early day, byt after 2pm the wait was always 3+ hours. Tapu Yapu makes that manageable, but eats your only usable VLP fot that long.

Let’s talk about Tapu Tapu… it’s great! It does exactly what I want Genie + to do and included in the admission.

Here’s the downside…after mid-day TT is the only way to get on any slides. Now, some only have a 10 - 30 minute wait to get in queue. However, the only things you can do while waiting are lazy rivers and kids play areas. (Or consume too many cocktails…Head’s up…each drink is a least 2 shots or 1.5 and other booze like ginger beer as a base…You’ve been warned! :rofl:)

That’s about all I can think of to tell y’all about VB, but don’t hesitate to ask!

Another follow up about Cinematic Celebration, I arrived about 15 minutes early and that wouldn’t have been early enough if I wasn’t solo. (I squeezed into a spot in front) There is no actual seating you fill in rows.

I would suggest arriving no less than 25 minutes before the show starts.

Also, I am going to “guess” that the show will not happen on nights with an 8pm closing in the summer. It’s after 8pm now and the sun hasn’t set.it need to be pitch dark for the show.

I think I am caught up…

As you may guess I had a chunk of time to kill in queues…

13 Likes

Wow I have avoided Volcano Bay for years…

Reading your trip report I feel like maybe I gotta rethink this…

4 Likes

Rethink this! Rethink this!

VB is amazing.

5 Likes

My biggest issue with pools and water parks is that I can’t walk far from the seat where I take off my shoes to the water. Given that, I don’t think it would be possible to do waterslides (I can’t even make it up the steps for the small ones at the hotel). But I am a big fan of lazy rivers and pools in general. Any chance that there’s enough close by seating to the lazy River and pool to meet my criteria so I’d actually have a good day at VB?

1 Like