The Disney Refugee Gets Wet

All 3! I actually am going to leave about an hour before I planned. Sooooo many stairs climbed today getting to the top of slides!

7 Likes

Terrific! Way to go, you are braver than most guys!

2 Likes

How does hotel mobile check in work?

1 Like

Thanks! I did all 3, but thought there was a fourth “BIG” drop slide. I kept asking where it was!

I never got around to lunch. (Pizza) I just consumed 4 tiki cocktails! :woozy_face:

I discovered that “2 - 3 drink Larry” is super friendly & loves complimenting people…

Wow! Nice hair! / Great art! (tattoos) and etc…

“4 drink Larry” only wants to nap!

Which was nice in that way! I played, napped in the shade of my semi-private cabana and relaxed. (Which is the opposite of my usual theme park mentality)

I left about a hour earlier than planned, but that has given me time to rest, shower and head out to CityWalk for dinner.

I may try to catch a quick ride on Dr. Doom beforehand. It’s my favorite “quick” ride that never has a wait. (I probably jinxed it now)

12 Likes

Wow. No wonder you were napping!

Awesome! Very nice way of vacationing…

1 Like

You’ll get an email a day or two before your arrival date. All you have to do is click the “check-in now” button and you are set. It bills you for 1 day at that time though.

When you arrive look for the “mobile check-in” signs.

(I’ll try to remember to snap a pic when I get back to the hotel)

3 Likes

In hindsight I should have titled this trip report…

Disney Refugee climbs a bazillion stairs! I had a great time at VB, but it kicked my butt!

Dinner is at Bob Marley’s. The “Unofficial Universal Podcast” has been raving about it.

The food is just ok. However, there’s no wait, the price is very reasonable for CityWalk and the service was excellent. My total with 20%+ tip was only $25.

14 Likes

I did it!

They said it would take 60 minutes and it did. No more or less…

I watched a “meh” sitcom and got $40!

14 Likes

Well played.
How do they get feedback from you?

2 Likes

My wife and I did that back in 2016. It was fun. Do you remember if there was a minimum age? Will be there in 3 weeks with my 14 year old and he might enjoy doing that.

2 Likes

Whats happening here? Are you the new s*********h? :thinking:

4 Likes

Yes. My identity was uncovered IRL and I felt the need to disguise myself :wink::+1:t2:

5 Likes

:open_mouth: Oh I’m sorry, do I know you? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Can someone clue me in? Do I know who this was?

1 Like

Also @Shmebulock

It’s a bit of a process…

First, they don’t want people to actually ask… (weird right?) You need to get “picked” out of the crowds walking down the street. I really wanted to check this off my bucket list. So, I “casually” walked around the area like a prostitute trying to find a date… :wink:

Once the guy made eye contact I gave him the “Oh! Who…me?” line

Then they ask you a series of questions to see if you fit the demographic audience for the show.

“Are you local? Age? Types of TV and media you watch daily”

I could tell having cable TV was a big qualifierfrom the questions. I cut the cable cord years ago, but said I watch daily

Once inside, they take your personal info and you sign a NDA.

Then you sit and watch a show while holding two buttons. One green and one red. While watching if you like what’s happening hold down green and red if you don’t. If neutral don’t press anything. There is also a button for Tune Out. If at anytime you believe that you would stop watching if at home you press that. You still have to finish the show, but that’s data they want.

When the show is done you get your gift cards and leave.

I don’t think you can do it again for 3 months. I heard it was a year, but they asked multiple times if I had done a survey within that time.

I didn’t see many people doing it and there were no kids. Not saying that they don’t survey kids, but they wouldn’t have been the audience for this show

16 Likes

Hint - I’ll still post lots of random photos of Scotland :camera_flash::camera_flash: and pepper my posts with an insane amount of punctuation and emojis!!! :wink::wink::rofl::rofl:

6 Likes

Good morning! I’m at the park entry for EPA.

I knew it was going to be busier than it was in February, but there were 3 buses picking up. They were all needed.

Got to CityWalk on bus #1, but a good number of people were already there.

In true solo style I squeezed through and bypassed a lot of people at CityWalkand metal detection. I figured I could make up the time by rushing to the gates only to find about a dozen people at each tap.

I pushed a bit hard and felt miserable until I caught my breath! In hindsight I probably could’ve walked and only been about 5 people further back.

The queue has easily tripled while I typed though.

I am going to go against my own TP advice and rush to Hagrid’s like everyone else.

(If I get to the point where you have to decide to go left to VelociCoaster or keep heading straight and the herd to Hagrid’s in front of me is insane I’ll switch. I can’t take another round of sprinting right now. Don’t want to puke before I even get to a ride!

10 Likes

So it looks like Cinematic Celebration is not offered tonight because USO closes at 8 p.m.? Does anyone know if that’s always the case (if it closes at 8, not offered, closes at 9 or later it’s offered?)

I’m doing some preliminary planning for our mid-June trip and USO closes at 8 p.m. on a Tuesday night one of those nights.

This is really my least favorite part of any park day. As someone who can’t move that quickly, it’s endlessly frustrating to be at the front of the line to go through the turnstiles only to have tons of folks pass by on the way to the coveted attraction. Especially when dragging DS along the way. It’s gotta be ten times easier solo!

4 Likes

Tbh - the schedule for Cineamagic Celebration is weird and inconsistent. I’ve been to Guest Services in the past to confirm times and dates to hear they don’t even know.

I didn’t see it scheduled anywhere this week until it popped up in the App under “shows” and i clicked directly on the icon.om the day of.

I checked and don’t see it scheduled today. (However, I will check again later in the day to confirm)

5 Likes