The Disney Refugee Gets Wet

Buy a wand? Would be hard to just browse!

No worries! This one has been calling my name for ages!

We have 3 wands at home, but they are “shared”. (Really they belong to DD, but I’ve been “allowed” to borrow them…as if I didn’t pay for them!)

Now, I have to decide to get my own stand!

17 Likes

We went to the cinematic celebration too! Maybe I’ll see you today! We did Hagrid first yesterday, then VC but starting at Velocicoaster today. We are first at our turnstile.

5 Likes

I’m headed to VB until close today. So, I slept in until 7am. I’m planning on going to USF late to night rides on RRR and knock out Despicable Me. Hope our paths can cross this week!

8 Likes

Things I learned yesterday…

All the crepes are made fresh. The rumor that dessert crepes arf reheated and assembled is untrue.

Volcano Bay buses start picking up at the resorts 1 hour before EPA. (Just like the other parks)

You can use the same Coke Freestyle cup at Volcano Bay that you use everywhere else. Only the hotels require a separate cup.

Voodoo Doughnuts gets insanely packed after the parks close. The queue was an hour long and mobile orders were turned off as they were so behind.

Red Oven Pizza is incredibly slow - even with mobile orders. The person I spoke with said they ordered the pizza about 20 minutes before leaving Diagon Alley. They didn’t get the food until waited 30 minutes after checking in. That’s almost an hour for a pizza that cooks in 8 minutes!

I know CityWalk gets slammed at park close, but going forward I don’t think I am going to try and eat anyplace in CityWalk unless I have a reservation or it’s off hours for dinning. (This includes quick service)

Maybe I got lucky and @magical_jo may confirm, but so many rides effects worked all over the parks that are usually off or in need of repairs. Every ride had the fog on, lasers blasting and strobes glaring! There were subtle things that stood out because I’d never seen them before. (Like the rain projections on at Cat in the Hat to give a minor spoiler free example)

Heading down to wait for my VB shuttle… here’s the swimsuit pics you’ve been waiting for! :wink::crazy_face:

Since I’m solo no one is here to put sunblock on my back! This is my first SPF swim shirt… :upside_down_face:Sunburns ruin vacations! Hope it works!

17 Likes

I’m enjoying your trip report but none of the pictures look remotely like you.

3 Likes

DS always wears a swim shirt - they have always worked great! I’m excited to hear your report on VB. I’ve never been.

1 Like

If you get anxious, like me, the first time you do something new here’s how easy it is to get to the bus pick-up for all the parks.

For Endless Summer, the spots are right outside the hotel door and to the left. There is signage everywhere.

This even applies to the Uber pick up areas.

12 Likes

Have you tried the pizza at Whakawaiwai yet? It was surprisingly very very good when we had it last year.

4 Likes

I agree that things (effects!) are back! Have fun today! We are here through Thursday so will be in IOA or Universal.

4 Likes

I haven’t! I don’t know what I want for lunch. Pizza, tacos, curry…

They let us into the VB entry taps 15 minutes before EPA. We are waiting for our Tapu Tapu bands. I don’t think we will enter before EPA officially starts.

7 Likes

We didn’t get in before EPA. I did go to the left as you enter and past the lockers to get a public, but secluded cabana.

I’ve done a handful of slides, icluding Krakatu. Now, it’s time to drink my cocktail and chill for a bit.

Oh! Here’s my lockbox set up for those that wanted to know.

14 Likes

I thought you’re traveling alone :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

That spot under the shade structure is amazing. Especially when it’s in the 80’s. You sure make me miss it right now! Can’t wait to get back there.

4 Likes

Such a nice setup! Hope you’re having a blast at VB! Love that place.

3 Likes

I’m having a blast! I’ve mentioned that I don’t drink often, but I decided to have a “tiki” drink. The bartenders at VB will do a “heavy pour” if you ask and tip well.

I have made friends with the lady at the drink shack off the path. Needless to say, I have had 3 and need to chill on my private/public cabana! :crazy_face::rofl: :cocktail:

I have been on almost every slide and wave pool. Tuesday is a good day to visit VB!

12 Likes

Volcano Bay sounds heavenly today! Glad you are enjoying yourself. Cocktails are a must on vacation! It’s the one time I will let loose. No driving, no responsibilities. :grin:

6 Likes

Is that round building a resort? If so, which one?

ETA: never mind. I see that it’s cabana bay. That’s where we will be staying the week after Christmas.

2 Likes

Cabana Bay.

2 Likes

What we all want to know is if you’ve done the trap door slides inside the :volcano:

2 Likes

DarkMite, you helped me out a lot when I couldn’t figure out which DW parks to reserve for our 10-ticket-day trip. Also, I’ve determined that I am more of a Universal person. So, I’m watching your trip reports closely.

3 Likes