Talk to me about Club Level rooms

Why do people book Club Level rooms? They’re a lot more expensive than regular rooms and, as far as I can see, all you get is some “free” food.

Are the rooms better in some way? Or just on the top floor. And you get to flash your Magic Band in the elevator.

Disclaimer: I have not stayed Club Level…yet.

But, I’ve seen them from a distance! The clubs vary from resort to resort but I think overall they will offer the guest an experience that is several notches above the standard. The food & drink offerings are part of it, but it gives the guest the ability to have a calm, exclusive place to go to. I was very tempted to try to sneak into the AKL club when I was in the elevator with a Club level guest. She got off at the 6th floor…the door was open…I was too chicken!

The other perk that I think many people would take advantage of is the concierge service (making ADRs and fastpasses for you). That doesn’t really appeal to me as I prefer to handle that aspect of planning for myself.

In some resorts the rooms are notably different. In others I think it’s barely discernable.

I’ve convinced myself that if I could get a club level room for about $100 per day over what I’d pay for an existing room reservation, I’d go for it. I’d eat and drink and relax enough to justify it.

1 Like

I have stayed CL at five different resorts. Once, it was my “dream trip”. I was not sure I would ever have a chance to return to the world. I have never noticed a difference in the room. Sometimes the view can be amazing.

This is my view from BC.

It is a luxury. These days - the ability to get your FPs 90 days out is tempting.

There are CLs I will never return to, and those I would.

3 Likes

I don’t suppose you remember the room number? Or room type?

We’ve stayed Club Level a few times at Animal Kingdom Villas, using our DVC points (that’s currently the only DVC resort with Club Level). The main draw for us was the food and drink offerings, plus the fact that it was relatively inexpensive from a points perspective. They also used to offer a sunrise safari which was exclusive to CL guests not sure if that’s still the case since we only went on that once and never inquired about it again.

We had breakfast in the lounge every morning, a snack when we returned from the parks early to mid-afternoon, and a snack plus wine/liqueur in the evening. Food offerings were excellent, we keep saying that we should just spend a day at the resort one day and try it all, but that’s never happened so far…

1 Like

That’s gorgeous!

1 Like

I am at work now but I will see if I have it noted anywhere . That was a CL waterview room. It is a gamble @profmatt but that was a free upgrade. Sometimes BC does that with short stays.

1 Like

We are booked at GF the week of Thanksgiving and decided for $200 more for the entire stay, it was worth upgrading to CL. We now can eat breakfast in the CL lounge every morning before heading out for the day (no need to spend $ on breakfast or bring breakfast food in suitcases), we can have snacks and drinks throughout the day if we happen to be back at the resort, and we might even have a couple nights where we just make a light dinner out of the evening CL offerings if we have a late lunch in the parks. Also having the concierge services might be helpful.

1 Like

The reason I’m asking is because something weird happened.

1 Like

wow!

@profmatt, now you can’t be “massively irritated” with them anymore :wink:

2 Likes

I have also heard that sometimes a few hard-to-get reservations are “reserved” by the CL concierge, hence perhaps a better chance to get a last -minute Ohana, etc., booking.

2 Likes

I have stayed club level at hotels in cities, but I have never been able to justify the added cost at WDW. Why? Take for example when we stayed club level in New Orleans. We got up and had a relaxing breakfast/brunch in the lounge before we toured the city. We came back to the hotel late afternoon and had drinks and heavy snacks while we were resting up. We then went out for a later dinner. Repeat for 4 days. The food and drink, a dedicated concierge to help set up tours, dining reservations, and make general recommendations, and a key-only access floor (a very nice perk in NOLA) made this all “worth” it to us. At WDW, in the AM all I want to do is get out early and I rarely come back to the resort in the afternoon. I have no special need of dedicated concierge services as I’ve made all of my reservations months in advance, and I don’t feel the need for the extra layer of “security”. If I was independently wealthy, sure, I’d stay CL. But I’m not, so I don’t.

2 Likes

Some resorts have deluxe rooms on club level which are bigger than a standard room.
I’d love some of the perks of CL, especially the breakfast before heading out. But the amount of food we’d get hardly seems worth the extra cost. $200 for a week seems great. That amount for a night does not.

1 Like

Only $200 more for the entire stay?? That IS worth it. I thought you were going to say per night. That’s 1 character meal.

1 Like

@cervonil yes, crazy right? We had reserved an Outer Building Theme Park View. When I realized that if we changed it to a standard view CL ir would only be a total of $200 more for the whole stay I figured it was totally worth giving up the view.

3 Likes

We always stay Club Level and we love the Contemporary Resort Club Level. In addition to the food/drinks throughout the day, we can get reservations made for us for dinner, cabanas, etc. with no effort. We did a comparison once with staying in a regular room with the meal plan and the CL room and the cost was pretty much even. So Club Level it is and will always be. We have also stayed on the Club Level at the Yacht Club and Poly!

1 Like

I used to work Clunkv level at Polynesian Village Resort. Yes you get foods and drinks. Also with ADRS there no guarantees or special holdings. Same system as everyone else uses. You do get a private concierge though.

1 Like

I have been trying to book a Club room at AKL for September 2019 since I made the reservation about a month ago, but they have nothing. I am telephoning once a week. Do you think I should keep trying?

Have you looked at the Disney website for rooms as well?

1 Like